2016 Gay Days at WDW - 26th Anniversary!

That sounds like fun. I don't think I've ever seen the Country Bear Jamboree :P

S
The Country Bear Jamboree is a lot of fun when all of the bears gather together just after 12noon. We usually try to get there around 12:30-1:00pm. Just look for a large crowd of red shirts, and be prepared for a big ol' bear sing-a-long!

Hey, if any of u disboarders would like to keep in touch during gay days, feel free to add me on kik (FarCityGuy). I will try to keep u up-to-date with the monorail crawl and any other get togethers or unofficial event ideas we come up with. dano4 also listed his facebook info in posts above.

The Country Bear Jamboree is a lot of fun when all of the bears gather together just after 12noon. We usually try to get there around 12:30-1:00pm. Just look for a large crowd of red shirts, and be prepared for a big ol' bear sing-a-long!

That sounds like fun. So much to remember to do...I need to make an itinerary of some sorts.

Solomon

Hey Dano4,

I forgot to post this yesterday as it would have been 3 weeks until the Monorail Crawl. Oh well, I guess 3 weeks from today, we will be recovering from the Crawl (extra Tylenol) and enjoying the first day of Gay Days at the Parks at AK. Just as a reminder to all you DisBoards followers, below is summary of Dan's Monorail Crawl:

Itinerary for the June 01, 2016 Monorail Crawl
  • We'll begin at 7:00 PM with an amazing view of Bay Lake at Outer Rim located at Disney's Contemporary Resort.
  • After a beverage or two, around 8:15 PM, we'll board the monorail with some new friends at Disney's Contemporary Resort and travel to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. There, we'll meet at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto and / or Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace (the grotto might reach capacity).
  • Around 10:00 PM, we'll board the monorail at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and travel to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. There, we'll meet at Mizner's Lounge for our night caps.

Is there a schedule of meet ups and such for the days in the parks? (Not talking about the one magical weekend parties). We've only ever gone to the gay days expo at the hotel next to seaworld but never have gone to any of the park days.

Is there a schedule of meet ups and such for the days in the parks? (Not talking about the one magical weekend parties). We've only ever gone to the gay days expo at the hotel next to seaworld but never have gone to any of the park days.
Saturday is the biggest day at the Magic Kingdom. That is where it all got started 26 years ago. There is a large gathering at the Country Bear Jamboree around noon to 1:00pm. The lesbians usually have some kind of a get-together for a train ride, but I am not sure what time that will be. Several of us on here have talked about meeting up for a "gay cruise" on the Jungle River Cruise ride around 4:30pm, following the afternoon parade. I am not aware of any announced get-togethers or events at the other parks on the other days. If you would like to throw any new ideas out, feel welcome to do so. Are you staying at the Doubletree?

Saturday is the biggest day at the Magic Kingdom. That is where it all got started 26 years ago. There is a large gathering at the Country Bear Jamboree around noon to 1:00pm. The lesbians usually have some kind of a get-together for a train ride, but I am not sure what time that will be. Several of us on here have talked about meeting up for a "gay cruise" on the Jungle River Cruise ride around 4:30pm, following the afternoon parade. I am not aware of any announced get-togethers or events at the other parks on the other days. If you would like to throw any new ideas out, feel welcome to do so. Are you staying at the Doubletree?
Thanks for the info! No we live very close so we aren't staying at the doubletree. Last year we went to the expo but weren't Disney passholders yet. This year I'm excited tho!!!

Thanks for the info! No we live very close so we aren't staying at the doubletree. Last year we went to the expo but weren't Disney passholders yet. This year I'm excited tho!!!
Cool deal! Thursday is the designated day for Animal Kingdom, Friday for Hollywood Studios, Saturday for Magic Kingdom, and Sunday for Epcot. Be sure to wear a red shirt on Saturday, at least, so that you can be a part of the majority for a day. And, get ready to have a really fun time!

Cool deal! Thursday is the designated day for Animal Kingdom, Friday for Hollywood Studios, Saturday for Magic Kingdom, and Sunday for Epcot. Be sure to wear a red shirt on Saturday, at least, so that you can be a part of the majority for a day. And, get ready to have a really fun time!
I look forward to it!! :)

DH and I are in for the Big Gay Jungle DISCruise 4:30 saturday. I'll have my rainbow lei and "Rumors of Light Lounge*" button. If I can find my DISlanyard, I'll wear that to hopefully help find one another.
:sail:We'll look for y'all.

Hugs!

*DISboard community thread that started when Rivers of Light rumors of opening, delay, re-opening, delay, substution…. and so on was going on. 600+ pages of positivity and support! Occasional news when there's any real RoL/JB news to be shared, which seems to be infrequent these days.

DH and I are in for the Big Gay Jungle DISCruise 4:30 saturday. I'll have my rainbow lei and "Rumors of Light Lounge*" button. If I can find my DISlanyard, I'll wear that to hopefully help find one another.
:sail:We'll look for y'all.

Hugs!

*DISboard community thread that started when Rivers of Light rumors of opening, delay, re-opening, delay, substution…. and so on was going on. 600+ pages of positivity and support! Occasional news when there's any real RoL/JB news to be shared, which seems to be infrequent these days.
Big Gay Jungle DISCruise. That's pretty catchy. Hehehe. You are thinking way ahead of me as far as what to wear. LOL! Uh, I will be the old guy in a red shirt. That much I do know for now. Just over two weeks to go! I can't wait!!!

There is an unofficial gathering starting Wednesday at 7:00pm at the Contemporary for Dano's Monorail Crawl. It is a great way to kick off the 4 Gay Days at the Parks and meet some new Mouse Friends that you may again connect with over those 4 days. Check out my post or Dano4's post for more details about the Crawl.

In just two weeks (335 hours from now), AverageAnt and I will be back in O-town! The monorail crawl kicks it all off two weeks from this evening! Woots! Can't wait! Let the fun begin!

In just two weeks (335 hours from now), AverageAnt and I will be back in O-town! The monorail crawl kicks it all off two weeks from this evening! Woots! Can't wait! Let the fun begin!
Glad to see we converted to hours on the countdown......now down to 310 :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter