2016 Gay Days at WDW - 26th Anniversary!

Thanks! I have a question about Deep and Main Event, if we already have a ticket to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, where are the events actually being held at each park and why are we paying for the ticket. How would they check a ticket if we are already there.?
Thanks,
Todd & James
The parties are held in a separate/private area of the park which requires a separate ticket for admission into the event venue. Simply being inside the park will not get you access to the party itself.

Itinerary for the June 01, 2016 Monorail Crawl

I hope that you can join us and please pass this on to your friends that aren't part of the DIS. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/danielphawleyjr

I hope that you can join us and please pass this on to your friends that aren't part of the DIS. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/danielphawleyjr

Yay, can't wait! James and I will be there at 5:30! Todd

Thanks for putting together a very detailed schedule, Dano! My friend and I are really looking forward to joining in on this fun event this year! Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace is a great spot to watch the fireworks over the MK. They even pipe in the soundtrack over the Terrace speakers.

I would love to surprise my 18 year old with a trip to gay days this year. His bday is in May (he will be 19 then) do you all think there is enough of ya'll meeting at places and planning things for him to do that he would enjoy going alone? I have also thought of planning me to go with him but I am afraid he won't think he can leave me alone and go enjoy himself. We are from a very small, southern, town so he has very little opportunity to mingle and make new friends in the LGBT community. Opinions?

I would love to surprise my 18 year old with a trip to gay days this year. His bday is in May (he will be 19 then) do you all think there is enough of ya'll meeting at places and planning things for him to do that he would enjoy going alone? I have also thought of planning me to go with him but I am afraid he won't think he can leave me alone and go enjoy himself. We are from a very small, southern, town so he has very little opportunity to mingle and make new friends in the LGBT community. Opinions?

I think this is a great birthday present!

Hi guys! First timer here for WDW Gay Days and really looking forward to it! Staying on property Wed June 1-Monday June 6. DL AP holder and attended Anaheim Gay Days in 2015. Hoping to connect with gay folks who are Disney fans. Excited to hear about the Wednesday Monorail Crawl. Couple of questions: I'm assuming there are a couple of scheduled events in the parks- is that so? If it is, where can a schedule be found? I read earlier in the forum about some of the other events by other promoters- is there a place to find out about all of those? Thanks!

I'm not sure if this has been answered yet as I'm still reading through the forum (it got lively during my brief absence) but the parties in the parks I was referring to are done by One Magical Weekend. Go to http://www.onemagicalweekend.com/ for more information. The prices actually just went up I believe but the site can give you more information. Its my first time heading to these parties but they look like so much fun and they get to keep you in the parks way past closing time. :)

Solomon

I'm excited because today opened up my FastPass+ booking window! It's unfortuante that I cannot yet get one for Rivers of Light though. Anyone know when this will be available? Also, sometime in the next few days, I'll be providing some details about meet-up times, resort bars, back-up resort bars, and my contact info for those who might join in on Wednesday's monorail crawl. Can't wait!

What's Rivers of Light?

S

I am an older guy, but I have always found it very easy to meet new friends at gay days whether I am with friends or traveling solo. The thing I always love most about gay days is that the crowd is always super friendly and fun to hang with, even in the heat and humidity. :P I think your 19yo will have an awesome time! Most of the parties are 18+. So, although the drinking age is 21, the younger guys still have a great time dancing and socializing. And, feel free to let him jump on here to read the many posts or to ask questions.

My FastPass is all set up. until they update Animal Kingdom then I may adjust a few for that park. Any one plan to hang Out at Animal Kingdom on Thursday June 2?

I'll be there for the first half of the day.

My FastPass is all set up. until they update Animal Kingdom then I may adjust a few for that park. Any one plan to hang Out at Animal Kingdom on Thursday June 2?

That sounds like fun! My flight comes in that morning and I was planning on making my way to Animal Kingdom around 12:00pm...depending on the shuttle and all of that fun stuff. :)

Solomon

That sounds like fun! My flight comes in that morning and I was planning on making my way to Animal Kingdom around 12:00pm...depending on the shuttle and all of that fun stuff. :)

Solomon

We will be there around noon too , and stay til close. We have dinner at Yak and Yeti Restaurant, plan to have some drinks before at the Dawa Bar, or Nomad Lounge(if it's open by then) at around 5:00 pm!

:cool::confused::confused::confused:
Thanks! That looks absolutely amazing! Oh, FastPass+ decisions...

S
With the recent news about Rivers opening being delayed by a month or so, it now seems like it is at least questionable that we may be able to enjoy that attraction

Parliament House has announced its gay days concert line up. Erika Jayne on Friday night. Deborah Cox and Sandra Bernhard on Saturday night. Betty Who and Estelle on Sunday night. I can't exactly say that I am jumping up and down with excitement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter