“What’s the good news? I don’t know but it’s cold!” A 40th Anniversary Land and Sea Trip Report (COMPLETED 3/2/24)!

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

BH5 here gearing up another pre tip report that will eventually turn into a trip report! Which means if you read my venting post, all my shows are over and went beautifully and work is winding down from its chaotic time of year and we are moving along (and yes I know many of you know I’m in the entertainment industry-I fully support the WGA strike and have no plans to cross picket lines any time soon in terms of film and tv. And the voice over part of the unions got some good news yesterday in terms of negotiations that have been ongoing so I’m holding out hope for WGA-of which I know quite a few people involved and currently picketing! My shows were all on stage-Support local theatre and musicians all!)

To get the title out of the way: it’s my parents 40th wedding anniversary this year and they honeymooned in Orlando (yes back in the ye old days of only MK and an unfinished but recently opened EPCOT as well as a ton of other things). So they wanted to do something different!

So we are doing a land and sea. We will be on the Wish (and actually on their anniversary!) and then headed to Gran Destino for the land portion for a few days afterwards.

I should note: this is my parents first Disney cruise as they had a god awful experience in Carnival back in the 90s and it’s my first cruise ever! My aunt who is coming with us has been on many cruises but this is also her first Disney.

We were hoping my other aunt and grandmother and possibly cousin could make it to at least the land portion (they would’ve come down with our dog and we would’ve stayed in POR) but my grandmother would have caused more issues than anything (she is still going strong at 90, but between her age, her questioning a lot and the heat we decided it might not be the best idea). It is sad, especially since that means my moms side won’t be able to celebrate (the aunt coming with us is my fathers sister, the aunt and grandmother who would’ve joined us is my moms sister and mother), but we know we will celebrate after.

We are really excited to be on the Wish for our first Disney cruise! I’m honestly just trying to stay calm as I’ve never cruised before (I’ve done ferries and boat transportation before but never on a boat for more than maybe an hour at a time).

We are also really excited to be staying at GD Tower at Coronado! We’ve heard nothing but awesome things about CSR from friends and neighbors, and we are excited to be in the tower. We were hoping to stay at Boardwalk again or at least the Swolphin, but between the cruise and pricing in general it was not feasible (we are still holding out some hope from the Swolphin as it will help build Marriott points, but aren’t holding our breath). We found Coronado to be close to DHS and EPCOT which is our favorite.

We are doing park hoppers but only might use it once depending on scheduling, but we have to get it because we want to do HEA dessert party one night.

We decided to forgo MNSSHP this year due to multiple reasons, including the fact the trip is in October and we just don’t like it. We LOVED boo bash in 2021, and felt that HHN and MNSSHP have become too big. They need to go back to being slightly more exclusive (or at the very least having CMs and TMs really check to see if people are supposed to be there and monitor any potential chaos-you can read my 2021 trip report for the HHN story).

All in all I’m excited! If anyone has any tips or tricks on the Wish/cruising in general and CSR/GDT I would greatly appreciate it!

And I’ll work on a better title soon lol.

Thanks all

BH5!

Hello All!

So we really don’t have that many updates as of right now, just trying to figure out which days will be what.

We know we want Crystal Palace, the HEA dessert party, Le Cellier and Homecomin so we just gotta figure out DHS (we are back and forth on rodeo roundup BBQ).

We are so looking forward to the Wish! It will definitely be a vacation for the books with that.

However there is not enough hours in the day to visit every lounge aboard that ship lol. Why must I want to see everything lol.

Other than that things are still chaotic at work and SAGAFTRA sent the vote to strike out so minus theatre and anything previously filmed this is going to be a long summer. Hopefully negotiations work and the guilds come out stronger (the AI threat is the big one for me. Audiobook houses are fully or mostly getting rid of their full roster of talent in favor of AI and we cannot let that continue).

If anyone has any tips and tricks for the Wish and Coronado (specifically the tower) we’d greatly appreciate it!

Until next time

BH5

You're going to love your cruise! Our first cruise was on the Dream. I've decided that we really started at the top and I don't think we can really top that cruise when it comes to the food, service and overall experience.

You're going to love your cruise! Our first cruise was on the Dream. I've decided that we really started at the top and I don't think we can really top that cruise when it comes to the food, service and overall experience.
We are so excited! I’m a little nervous as the biggest boat I have been on is a ferry! Plus it’s the wish so we are really very excited!

Well magic bands were ordered yesterday Lolol

Other than that we are still in the waiting phase. This is the worst part because there is nothing I can do until July!

And I am BACK!

Sorry for radio silence but in happy news my cousin (briefly mentioned at the beginning) graduate the other day with her Bachelors in Business Administration with a concentration in marketing! So I was gone for a couple days to be a proud cousin and help my aunt and her move everything out! Got back last night and started this morning with a dentist appointment lololololol

Will get back to PTRing soon! Until then any tips and tricks about the wish and Gran Destino tower would be greatly appreciated!

And I am back!

I took the holiday weekend off (minus a post because I finally dye my hair and forget all about my passport and license........crisis averted because my hair is still the same length and was dyed a natural color and I still look like me).

I am started to get more and more excited but also not feeling it. Maybe it's because I am more excited for the cruise or we got spoiled at DLR last year with out excellent vacation but idk. Again could be just me.

I think as we get closer I will get more excited. Also my summer job ends the day my ADR starts so that should be fun lol. Nice little pick me up!

Any to the who I hope everyone is good and again any tips or tricks with cruising/the wish/coronado springs will be greatly appreciated!

Best,
BH5

Hi all!

Back again.

We are currently in finalizing stages but even so there is still so much we can’t do!

Also trying to figure out which ducks to bring for the cruise portion!

As always anyone has any info on the wish and Coronado Springs we’d greatly appreciate it!

BH5

I just have to chime in here saying I got really excited when I saw the title for your PTR as I thought you were planning something similar to me... a celebration of TDR's 40th anniversary at both Tokyo DisneyLAND and Tokyo DisneySEA :rotfl:

Although I'm disappointed I can't compare notes, your trip also sounds like a lot of fun :goodvibes

I just have to chime in here saying I got really excited when I saw the title for your PTR as I thought you were planning something similar to me... a celebration of TDR's 40th anniversary at both Tokyo DisneyLAND and Tokyo DisneySEA :rotfl:

Although I'm disappointed I can't compare notes, your trip also sounds like a lot of fun :goodvibes
I am slightly jealous you are going to Tokyo DL/DS and Japan in general and also always forget my parents got married the same year it opened!

I look forward to reading your TR and hope you enjoy mine as it molds itself into something that….is better than what it is right now lololololololol

And in today's boring update:

I have been tasked in looking for rubber ducks to hide on the cruise. The problem? I collect rubber ducks.....I am going to want to keep them lolololololol

The ducks and door magnets have been purchased for the cruise!

Park reservations have been made!

and now to quote Shrek the musical "the waiting the waiting the waaaaaaiiiiiiittttttttiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg"

Can't do anything for a while other than decide certain things

It's me I am back!

We are getting so much closer to being able to do everything-especially with the ship!

And we just found out we can use our Magic Bands for the cruise as well!

Going to be exciting for sure!

Until then, no updates! (except for needing to save my money because I have purchased so much lately lolol!

I wrote this on the main forum but I figured I’d post it here as well:

haven’t been on the boards in a while(I actually was going to catch up tonight believe it or not) and a friend sent me this after a social media post by a former member of the team (not going to dox them as that’s inappropriate).

Much like the Ned Fulmer and Ethan Slater scandals, this is disappointing and anger inducing. And sad. On multiple fronts.

To those who spoke out I commend you. I stand by you. Your bravery is not going unnoticed. Dustin it’s good to hear from you again. Fiasco same to you. And Sean wherever you may be.

To Craig, Ryno and the team still holding on: I will support you guys wherever you go. From the sounds of it, much like the Try Guys you had been figuring out a way to say something and then the past few days happened.

Anyone attacking any team member current or former that isn’t Pete (especially those with kids-really people leave the innocent kids out of this) and any agent should be ashamed of themselves. I also believe Craig’s statement, and clearly my spidey sense are telling me that this is similar to the try guys where they were trying to move as quickly as possible and then they had to act quickly.

To my fellow Dissers….it’s been a pleasure, even with some slight disagreements along the way. Hopefully these boards remain. A few of you I follow on social and if you DM me, hopefully we can follow along. And we can also return if there is a new forum.

Last edited:
In the meantime, I will be here to listen, comment and what not in the meantime. As i have always said I am a listener and if you want to tell me something five minutes from now or five decades from now i will be here.

Hi all!

My previous two posts in this trip report still stand. You all have always been so lovely and understanding! And I love reading your trip reports!

In some happy news we were able to book stuff for the cruise and we are so close to ADR day!

Until then stay safe all!

BH5

Hi all,

As previously mentioned in this and other posts, between the strike and everything going on on here I am unsure of how I want to continue this, if at all.

I do hope you all are well and getting excited about your upcoming trips, as am I.

Stay safe

BH5

I’m hope you continue! Your reports are always awesome. I think one of the best things we can do is support this community and the process for rebuilding. The staff are doing an amazing job carrying on in trauma and finding ways to tell their stories when they are ready to tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter