Why Castmembers Hate DVC Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TCPluto said:
What then, pray tell, does make you classless???

Just kidding... taking what you wrote literally, though I'm sure that's not what you meant.

It was suppossed to be self-depriciating humor. Since that obviously failed ;) It proves my claim to classlessness!

-Tony

I posted this on another board:

***"As for 2nd hand smoke: This is a whole different debate, but I just want to throw this in here. There is still debate about the affects of 2nd hand smoke. There is no debate about 2nd hand alchohol. More innocent people have been killed by a drunk then by 2nd hand smoke. More lives have been ruined by alchohol - failed marriages, abused wives & children, lost employment - then by 2nd hand smoke. I wonder how loud the cry would be if DVC tried to ban drinking. Anyway, 'nuff of that."***

That's just my personal conviction about drinking.

As for 2nd hand smoke in a DVC unit: Walking into a room and smelling the odor of a cigarette is not 2nd hand smoke. The residue on the walls and such is not 2nd hand smoke. The health issue comes from actually inhaling the smokers exhaust. While my DW would be pissed if DVC assigned us a room that had been used by a smoker, it would not endanger her health.

DrBond007 said:
Sorry, but that is nonsense, nobody is banning non-heterosexuals, your anology is beyond far fetched. And, whether you like it or not, there are dry counties and dry cities where alcohol sales are banned. For a Disney related example, Alcohol is not served any place in the MK I believe. Several cities have made public establishments non-smoking. One I know of is Columbus Ohio. You cannot smoke in a downtown restaraunt or bar. DVC could choose to make a resort non-smoking.

Certainly if DVC is responsive to it's members and they conducted a survey, I think there would be plenty of support for the implementation of a non-smoking rule by the majority of DVC members. No lawyer real or pretend could win against that kind of data. They haven't won against voters in Columbus.

While I agree with your post, the classless part of me can't help but respond that club 33 in the MK (DL only!) indeed serves alcohol!

-Tony

Kadorto said:
BTW...how did this thread go from CM'S hating us to another smoking debate? :earboy2:

Maybe CM's hate DVC Members because we b*tch at great lengths because we "reserved a n/s room, but someone smoked in it" or we "reserved a smoking room, but we got a n/s room, and I NEED my cigarettes"

Brings the whole arguement full circle. Nice and tidy. Now, we can move onto other things, like the proposed "Redneck Villas (RNV)" resort. I propose that the entire resort is mandatory smoking. Adults, kids, it doesn't matter. Actually, the big arguement at that resort would be "We reserved a smoking room, and we got a chewin' tobacco room. I demand we be moved, or at least bring us up a spittoon!"

rayelias said:
Now, we can move onto other things, like the proposed "Redneck Villas (RNV)" resort. I propose that the entire resort is mandatory smoking. Adults, kids, it doesn't matter. Actually, the big arguement at that resort would be "We reserved a smoking room, and we got a chewin' tobacco room. I demand we be moved, or at least bring us up a spittoon!"
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Plus4206 said:
I posted this on another board:
[snip] As for 2nd hand smoke in a DVC unit: Walking into a room and smelling the odor of a cigarette is not 2nd hand smoke. The residue on the walls and such is not 2nd hand smoke. The health issue comes from actually inhaling the smokers exhaust. While my DW would be pissed if DVC assigned us a room that had been used by a smoker, it would not endanger her health.
Just an FYI:
While the smoking residue might not qualify as second hand smoke, anyone who is allergic to smoke will react to the residue left in any and all of the "soft" furnishings - pillows, mattresses, couch cushions, draperies, etc.

Does this residue pose a health risk? For those who suffer from allergies/asthma, or any similar conditions, absolutely.

And can anybody tell me just how this thread - which started out w/the interesting comments of the op - has segued into smoking/non??

***" And can anybody tell me just how this thread - which started out w/the interesting comments of the op - has segued into smoking/non??"***

This is not a condition unique to this thread. All the good ones travel many paths.

Ksp said:
Just an FYI:
While the smoking residue might not qualify as second hand smoke, anyone who is allergic to smoke will react to the residue left in any and all of the "soft" furnishings - pillows, mattresses, couch cushions, draperies, etc.

Does this residue pose a health risk? For those who suffer from allergies/asthma, or any similar conditions, absolutely.

Exactly. Due to previous comments about Beca's guests, you may not want to read this. However, when you smell something, you are inhaling small particles of it. That is 2nd hand smoke that you are inhaling. Yes, it is a low concentration, but it is 2nd hand smoke.

Well, I don't have anything to say about smoking, which seems to be where this thread went, but I thought the OP was pretty interesting, as well as the way everybody jumped on him afterwards.

I also found the OP's comments about "class" very offensive, but, to tell you the truth, I have heard the same thing on these boards plenty of times from members. How many times did we hear how things all went downhill once they allowed 150 point contracts so "poor people" could afford them?

Nevertheless, we have to face the fact that this CM has WAY more experience with DVCers in general than any of us members do. Again, from reading these boards for a few years now, it does not surprise me at all to hear that many DVC members consider themselves especially "entitled" because, after all, we "own" the place. Look at the guy who was outraged recently because Disney won't let him into grad night on the strength of him being in DVC.

I've heard that CMs feel the same about Annual Pass holders, especially at Disney Land. Can it be that familiarity on the part of repeat vistors breeds contempt for the thing they profess to love?

Thats sort of funny because we purchased 150 points but hardly consider ourselves poor. We just go over seas alot and figured 150 points would be nice for every other year use. I am just wondering if others who only purchased 150 points also felt that Disney was not the only vacation worth taking and perhaps may also be world travlers like us.

In case I failed to express myself clearly, Sherri, I was criticizing that sentiment, not joining it.

Tom- I know another Dvc member wouldn't feel that way, I was pointing it out for those Cm's that might feel that way. :)

Well, actually, I've heard it many times from DVC members on these boards, unfortunately.

So what happens after a ban on smoking actually occurs?

A ban on peanuts because "my kids have peanut allergies"!

I saw a thread a while back about a flight that was delayed because the mother had a son who had peanut allergies and the ground crew had to go to the aircraft and vacuum all the seats.

Will the madness ever end? I doubt it.

And, yes, this kind of thread usually falls to the smoking/non-smoking issue.

Bobbles said:
A ban on peanuts because "my kids have peanut allergies"!
Don't laugh, that's why most flights don't have peanuts any more. I thought it was absurd until I met someone with a peanut allergy. Your throat swelling shut is just not a fun thing. :confused3

wtpclc said:
Don't laugh, that's why most flights don't have peanuts any more. I thought it was absurd until I met someone with a peanut allergy. Your throat swelling shut is just not a fun thing. :confused3

I was trying to draw a parallel between the "odor" left behind by smokers in a non-smoking room and the peanut dust left behind by the peanut eaters.

But anaphylactic shock is more immediately apparent than the effects of the "smell" of old stale stinky smoke.

I am a smoker but I do not like the smell of stale smoke and DO NOT smoke in any WDW room. Smoking or NON.
It's just called "consideration".

Can I poolhop to SAB and skinnydip while smoking an authentic Cuban cigar provided there are less than 5 people staying in my 1 bedroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter