Caught back up after being too busy in real life for Dis scrolling.

That heat exhaustion really does creep up on you, doesn't it? On our last August trip, albeit to World, our family has decided that the best Disney snack is a free cup of ice water! :rotfl2:Sometimes, you're just going to hard that you don't realize how thirsty you are until that ice cold hits.

It's so nice that your parents were able to be there and take the girls when you wanted to do adult things!

Caught back up after being too busy in real life for Dis scrolling.
Yay! I hope it's been a good busy with life things!
That heat exhaustion really does creep up on you, doesn't it? On our last August trip, albeit to World, our family has decided that the best Disney snack is a free cup of ice water! :rotfl2:Sometimes, you're just going to hard that you don't realize how thirsty you are until that ice cold hits.
It does! I agree haha, free ice water is the best. Even though it won't be as hot on our spring break trip, I plan to do better about water and make sure I'm drinking a ton.
It's so nice that your parents were able to be there and take the girls when you wanted to do adult things!
We are really lucky to have had grandparents on every trip so far! I sometimes feel bad leaving the kids with the grandparents, but the grandparents don't want to ride the same thrill rides and I know the kids and grandparents have a great time together without us going on other rides, so it has worked out well.

Garden & Flower Festival Food, continued​

It was after 4:30pm at this point and most of us were getting full, except for the girls who didn’t like a lot of the items. We picked up a pretzel (likely in Germany?) for our second-to-last snack.

IMG_4939.JPG

We continued walking around the world and admiring the topiaries.

IMG_4943.JPG
IMG_4945.JPG
IMG_4953.JPG

In Germany the girls had fun throwing coins into the fountain.

IMG_4960.JPG

While DD7 was deciding what her wish was going to be, a man leaned over and dropped a pile of coins for the girls! Not only was this super kind, but I caught it on camera without even noticing.

IMG_4959.JPG

He moved on so quickly that by the time I realized what had happened, I don’t think I even got to thank him. So, if you recognize this mysterious arm as your own, thank you!! It made my daughters’ day.

IMG_4964.JPG

The girls stopped to play the musical instruments.

IMG_4968.JPG

They finished their Kidcot books, which earned them a special postcard.

IMG_4979.JPG
IMG_4986.JPG

Wrapping Up Epcot​

We decided to make one more food stop in Norway. I wanted to try the Kringla Bakeri, which I don’t think we had eaten at since our 2012 or 2013 trips. I think we ordered the Eplekake (apple cake with caramel drizzle) and Lefse (soft flatbread rolled with cinnamon, sugar and butter).

IMG_4982.JPG
IMG_4983.JPG

Both were yummy but I especially love the lefse.

A little before 7pm we stopped at the Garden Rocks concert for awhile. We had a dinner reservation at Chefs de France for 7pm and that was all we were mostly just waiting for at this point before leaving the park. I wasn’t feeling well, I was still pretty worn down from the heat, and none of us were hungry. While we were waiting, we decided to at least ask if we could cancel our reservation without a penalty. I walked down to France to ask in person while my family stayed at the concert. If the CM had said no, and that we would have been charged for canceling last minute, we would have gone and just ordered lightly. Thankfully the CM agreed we could cancel without charging us. We really wanted to try the restaurant, so it was a little disappointing, but it was the right call in the moment.

We were all exhausted, but since we were sitting outside The American Adventure and realized it would be a break in the A/C, we decided to see the show inside before leaving for the night. The show started at 7:30pm.

IMG_4995.JPG
IMG_4997.JPG

The show probably ended around 8pm and we walked to the international gateway exit to take a boat back to the Dolphin. We thought about staying for the nighttime show which I had really wanted to see. My dad offered to stay with me if I wanted to wait for it, but I was still not feeling well and decided to go back with everyone else.

IMG_4998.JPG

We waited a long time for a boat, which didn’t come until 8:42pm. However, we talked to a nice CM named Dan who was from the city where my husband and I went to college (which is also where we met), so it was nice to pass the time talking with him.

IMG_5003.JPG

We got back to the Dolphin at 9pm and still had to wait in line to check-in and ask for our luggage. The wait took a long time, it was 9:40pm before we made it to our room. Some of us were hungry by this point, so my dad and I went down to the food court to see what we could find. I got a Bahn Mi sandwich and picked up items to make a cheese sandwich for the girls with Laughing Cow cheese, and fruit for a side. DD7 was asleep by the time we got upstairs.

It was after 11pm when I realized I had left my purse (and money, ID, credit card, etc.) at the prior resort. I had a memory of hiding it in a drawer while we were there and had completely forgotten about it (thanks to our Magic Bands, I didn’t miss it all day). I panicked and called the resort. Someone answered but told me to call back in the morning. I was sure it would be gone, but very luckily, they told me the next morning they were holding it at lost and found for me. I was able to pick it up the next day and nothing was missing. I was so thankful for that!

A few stats to summarize our Epcot day:
  • We walked 24,654 steps / 9.92 miles
  • We went on 9 rides/shows
  • We used 1 ILL and 3 LLs
  • TouringPlans predicted crowd level was going to be 4/10, actual was 7/10
  • We spent 161 minutes (2.7 hours) in lines; that’s an average wait time of 19.9 minutes per attraction (not counting The American Adventure which we basically walked into)
  • I estimated we saved 133 minutes (just over 2 hours) with Genie+
  • For our family of 4, Genie+ cost $60, so that means we paid $0.45 per minute saved or $0.11 per person per minute saved
  • We paid $1.87 per minute saved per person for the Guardians ILL (only estimated about 15 minutes due to the virtual queue), so not quite as good value per minute, but it did let us get it done and back to our family quicker
On average we paid $111.45 per ticket to Epcot this day. When divided by the 9 rides/attractions, we paid $8.57 per person per ride. Genie+ wasn’t quite as good value at this park as others, and we only got to use it on 3 rides (plus Living with the Land for my parents and the girls), but saving over 2 hours in line was worth it to us.

While DD7 was deciding what her wish was going to be, a man leaned over and dropped a pile of coins for the girls! Not only was this super kind, but I caught it on camera without even noticing.
I love this!!! I would never have thought to do this, but a couple pennies can bring a alot of kid happiness! I might have to make sure I have a few pennies with me next trip.

I love this!!! I would never have thought to do this, but a couple pennies can bring a alot of kid happiness! I might have to make sure I have a few pennies with me next trip.
It was so thoughtful! I wouldn't have thought of it either and by the time I realized what had happened, the guy was gone and I couldn't even thank him.
Oh goodness, I'm so glad they had your purse! I'm not sure I would have even been able to sleep with that worry on my brain.
Me too! I was up pretty late worrying, and if it wasn't at the end of a 2 week trip / if I wasn't so exhausted, I wouldn't have slept at all. I was less worried about losing the cash, but was thinking about all the cards (my driver's license, various credit cards, insurance cards, etc.) that I was going to have to replace (and the time that would take) and all the phone calls I was going to have to make to the credit card companies the next morning. We were able to check our accounts that evening and see that none had been used yet at that point, which was a relief. I was so thankful for the honest staff at the resort who hadn't touched anything in my purse.

Friday, June 17, 2022

Topolino’s​

I wanted to get a reservation to Topolino’s for the last day of our trip. Since we were staying offsite, I wasn’t able to get the reservation at 60 days and initially booked Kona instead, but thankfully found a reservation before our trip! Our Topolino’s reservation was for 11:00am.

It was nice to sleep in this morning. My husband really loved staying at the Dolphin after having stayed there as a child.

IMG_5011.JPG

We considered taking Disney transportation to the Riviera for our reservation, but we likely would have needed to take a boat to Epcot and then hopped on the Skyliner to the Riviera. That would have been a fine option, but to save time, we decided to just drive.

We arrived a little early and were sat prior to our reservation time. This was such a cute restaurant! We started with some muffins and pastries.

IMG_5026.JPG

The warm pastries were delicious. The girls loved watching the characters go back and forth and had their autograph books ready to go.

IMG_5029.JPG

Minnie was the first to visit our table, about 15 minutes after we were sat and before our food came. Her outfit is so cute!

IMG_5033.JPG
IMG_5038.JPG

Daisy was up next just a couple of minutes later. She was so affectionate! She kissed the girls’ books after signing them and DD5 said, “It’s wet!”

IMG_5056.JPG

DD5 looked a little wary of Minnie but was grinning as Daisy signed her book.

IMG_5047.JPG
IMG_5050.JPG
IMG_5052.JPG

Daisy ended up being one of our favorite characters who visited our table.

IMG_5057.JPG

Topolino’s, Part 2​

Donald arrived about 10 minutes later, still before our food arrived (and 30 minutes after we were sat). I was thankful for the pastries and coffee while we waited, and it was really nice that the characters came by before our food arrived, so we weren’t as interrupted while eating. It doesn't always work out that way at character meals.

IMG_5060.JPG
IMG_5063.JPG
IMG_5066.JPG
IMG_5069.JPG
IMG_5072.JPG

Our food arrived about a minute after Donald left. Our friend had told us that we could order more than one item on the menu. When I asked about that, the server seemed a little hesitant and I was worried we were told wrong (and I never want to feel like I’m asking for something we shouldn’t). But then she told us we could order one full meal and we could also order a “side” from another item on the menu. I just read recently that they don't offer that anymore.

Those who ate it raved about the smoked salmon.

IMG_5076.JPG

We had a beautiful plate of fruit and yogurt (I don’t remember who ordered what, we ended up sharing quite a bit).

IMG_5078.JPG

My mom ordered a standard breakfast of eggs, potatoes and bacon.

IMG_5079.JPG

The girls loved the Mickey AND Minnie waffles! It came on a cute paint palette plate, and with eggs on the side of one and fake sausage on the side of the other.

IMG_5080.JPG
IMG_5082.JPG

More to come in the next post!

Love love love your daughters matching dresses! They look so cute and confortable!
Where did you get them?
Loving reading about your trip ☺️
You have a beautiful family!

Love love love your daughters matching dresses! They look so cute and confortable!
Where did you get them?
Loving reading about your trip ☺️
You have a beautiful family!
Thank you! All of our dresses from this trip came from different Etsy shops. They were light weight and the girls said they were comfortable. I couldn't convince them to do dresses for our next trip, though. They agreed to wear some of the dresses from this last trip that still fit them, but otherwise we're entering a t-shirt era as they get older.

Topolino’s, Part 3​

Someone else ordered sausage, potatoes and eggs (this might have been Pat’s plate).

IMG_5083.JPG

I ordered the avocado toast which was amazing! The egg on top was a nice touch. This was the side portion since this is what I selected to go with my main order.

IMG_5084.JPG

I’m pretty sure this was my main meal with eggs, potatoes and vegetarian sausage. It was way too much food, but I am a little sad I'll have to decide between the vegetarian sausage or avocado toast on my next trip, those were my two favorite things.

IMG_5087.JPG

I believe someone ordered a side portion of the waffle, shown here.

IMG_5086.JPG

The side portions ended up being perfect additions and it was nice to sample from each other’s plates.

The characters were dancing around a lot while we ate which was so fun. At one point Minnie walked by Mickey and pointed to her finger as if to say, where is my ring?? It was a cute interaction.

IMG_5089.JPG

Did I mention the Mickey and Minnie waffles were a hit?

IMG_5096.JPG

We were SO full after this meal. But check out that view!

IMG_5098.JPG

Mickey visited our table after we had mostly finished eating at 11:55am, almost an hour after we had been sat. We must have just missed him in the earlier set.

IMG_5101.JPG
IMG_5106.JPG
IMG_5113.JPG

Topolino’s, Part 4​

We all had a nice visit with Mickey. The character interactions were some of the best I remember from any character meal with Mickey and friends.

IMG_5111.JPG

So many hugs!

IMG_5114.JPG

We sat for so long that Daisy came back to our table about a minute after Mickey left. We must have just missed Mickey the first time around when we met the other characters. But you'll notice the girls were still working on their food!

IMG_5118.JPG

We let Daisy know that we had met her earlier and thanked her for the autograph. But we’ll always take a second hug!

IMG_5120.JPG
IMG_5122.JPG

Minnie came by again a minute later. We also let her know that we had her signature, but we took another round of hugs from her too.

IMG_5126.JPG
IMG_5127.JPG

We finally wrapped up our meal and our server offered the girls juice to go (I’m pretty sure I took coffee to go too). We decided to check out the views from the balcony.

IMG_5132.JPG

While we were on the balcony, one of the girls dropped their juice. I felt so bad because I knew it made a sticky mess. She was so upset, and as we were leaving the restaurant (after apologizing for making the mess), I think it was the hostess who overheard and offered to get her a fresh juice to go. That was so nice!

And of course, we had to check out the restrooms – the toilet paper was a nice touch.

IMG_5139.JPG

The Riviera was a beautiful resort! I’d love to stay there some day.

IMG_5140.JPG

We wrapped up brunch around 12:30pm. After brunch, our plan was to take the Skyliner to Art of Animation to walk around. I think someone on Disboards had recommended that. We needed to walk off the food and we were excited to check out a new resort.

Hello! I’m LOVING your trip report - you ate at so many delicious restaurants (my favorite part of Disney!) and got SO MUCH done on your park days! I’m impressed that your girls did so well with those long park days - I have skeptical confidence in my own five-year-old to do the same! :laughing: Thank you also for your honest feedback on your kids’ takes on several big/scary attractions. I’ve been watching a ton of YouTube videos with my daughter to ignite some excitement or preparedness for those rides - we’ll see if it works!

I REALLY appreciate your very detailed breakdown of your park day timing and your use of Genie+ and ILL. I’ve seen several people that include their booking and return times, but yours has by far the most information and it’s so helpful! I haven’t been to Disney World in eight years (!) so I’ll be mourning the loss of pre-booked Fastpass+ while I’m there. You did a wonderful job booking great initial attractions (and made me confident in my planned initial choices!) and also did well adding additional LL attractions for the rest of the day.

I’m looking forward to the rest of your report and will go check out your PTR too!

Sounds like a nice breakfast. Do you feel it was worth the price? I struggle with booking it now that my girls are older. The characters ares still nice to meet but not the priority it once was.

Hello! I’m LOVING your trip report - you ate at so many delicious restaurants (my favorite part of Disney!) and got SO MUCH done on your park days! I’m impressed that your girls did so well with those long park days - I have skeptical confidence in my own five-year-old to do the same! :laughing:
Thank you!! It was fun to be able to fit in so many Disney restaurants. The girls surprised me on our trips too! With the stroller, they were great at resting and napping whenever they needed it. Our next trip might be a little different without the stroller, we will see.
Thank you also for your honest feedback on your kids’ takes on several big/scary attractions. I’ve been watching a ton of YouTube videos with my daughter to ignite some excitement or preparedness for those rides - we’ll see if it works!
I think the videos help! We're watching a lot more of them this time around. I'm also hoping that eases some of the fear for my youngest.
I REALLY appreciate your very detailed breakdown of your park day timing and your use of Genie+ and ILL. I’ve seen several people that include their booking and return times, but yours has by far the most information and it’s so helpful! I haven’t been to Disney World in eight years (!) so I’ll be mourning the loss of pre-booked Fastpass+ while I’m there. You did a wonderful job booking great initial attractions (and made me confident in my planned initial choices!) and also did well adding additional LL attractions for the rest of the day.
I'm glad you appreciate the detailed timelines! I find them really helpful when others provided those details, it helps me know what kind of timeline is reasonable to expect. I also miss the old Fastpass system, I've been studying up on Genie+ again for our next trip (it's changed since our last in that you can modify/reschedule times now).
Sounds like a nice breakfast. Do you feel it was worth the price? I struggle with booking it now that my girls are older. The characters ares still nice to meet but not the priority it once was.
For us, it was worth it. The food was excellent, and being able to order a side dish on top of the main dish made it a ton of food (but you can't do that anymore). The setting and character interactions were fun. We might not do it every trip as the girls get older, but it was our whole family's favorite meal last time. I also am not as into the Minnie/Mickey character meals, but these were the best interactions we've had with the classic Disney characters. The girls are going to dress like Daisy for our next trip!

The Skyliner & Art of Animation​

We rode the Skyliner for the first time this trip. The Riviera was a beautiful place to start from.

IMG_5144.JPG
IMG_5146.JPG
IMG_5148.JPG

The Skyliner area was empty at this time of day. We wondered what the lines are like at park opening and closing. We will find out soon!

IMG_5149.JPG

I was a little nervous about taking the Skyliner. I don’t love heights. But it’s such a neat and easy way to get around the property.

IMG_5151.JPG
IMG_5153.JPG

We saw Pop Century for the first time on this ride too.

IMG_5158.JPG

When we first got to Art of Animation the girls wanted to play on the Finding Nemo themed playground. It was so hot this day but we let them play for awhile while my parents went indoors to find restrooms.

IMG_5160.JPG

Of course we all had to get a picture with Crush and Dory. The statues around the property were so fun.

IMG_5168.JPG

We also ducked inside for a few minutes of A/C. The theming at this resort felt very Disney and fun, there was so much to look at.

IMG_5171.JPG

It was so hot that my parents decided they were going to wait inside while the rest of us explored the resort. I wanted to check out more of the statues and especially the Little Mermaid section.

Art of Animation, Part 2​

We walked through the Lion King section first.

IMG_5172.JPG

And then we found the Dinglehopper!

IMG_5177.JPG

It was so fun to see giant replicas of Ariel’s treasure. The girls had fun running from item to item.

IMG_5180.JPG
IMG_5183.JPG
IMG_5188.JPG
IMG_5189.JPG

The giant Ursula was AMAZING. The girls were a little nervous. I don’t know if I’d want to see this right outside my room at night, but they put a lot into designing this resort.

IMG_5195.JPG

And of course we had to visit our friend Ariel. This is the view I would want!

IMG_5201.JPG

Pat had to get in the Dad picture.

IMG_5207.JPG

We loved this area so much that this is where we will stay on our next trip – Art of Animation in The Little Mermaid section! We are looking forward to the special theming and I’m glad we’re doing this while the girls are still pretty young. I had Little Mermaid bedding when I was 5 years old and would have flipped over staying in a Little Mermaid themed room.

It was so hot this day and there was not much shade for us to hide in. We took our pictures and headed back to Finding Nemo to meet my parents, making a few stops in the Lion King section on the way.

IMG_5210.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter