What’s for Dinner Tonight?

We are staying in Camden, ME for the weekend so have eaten out. Last night was Fresh&Co, and the food was so good that we went back again tonight. I know, a repeat restaurant, but it's still a bit early in the season so not too much is open yet. Last night we shared mussels and steak frites. Tonight DH had chicken schnitzel with mushroom sauce and mash, and I had an awesome lime/coconut milk broth with tomatoes, shrimp, mussels, and haddock over rice. Tomorrow night we'll be back home; I think I'll do something with a pork tenderloin from the freezer.

Ate at the dine-in movie today. Started with our usual queso & chips and a nice lager for me and a stout for DH. Then I had the chicken tenders and fries. I was reminded of this thread and @tarheelmjfan because the tenders automatically came with gravy on the side for dipping. I honestly never even noticed before because I’m just used to everything fried coming with a side of gravy around here.

DH had the beyond burger for the first time. He almost asked the server if he had been given a real burger by mistake because it tasted great.

Tonight made myself a curried chicken aka Coronation salad sandwich.

Cut back the fat, carbs, and calories with the following modifications: chicky breast only, one slice of low carb dark bread (still has a weird texture ☹️), used a lesser amt of mayo + sour cream and made the sub mostly 0% fat Greek yogurt; less golden raisins, more chopped pears.
Topped the bread with a lot more lettuce than normal but my home attendant didn’t quite understand what I meant and purchased a bag of pre washed lettuce mix. Pretty useless for a single person since it goes bad rapidly; guess they call this progress (insert rolling eyes emoji here) .

Dessert was a poached pear half with blackberry purée.

We are still not feeling well. I bought of loaf of rustic French bread from a local bakery that we were supposed to have with dinner and we just ended up toasting some for dinner. Hoping today will be a better day.

Dinner tonight is leftovers from last night. I was so tired after all of the prep that I ended up not eating! It was salad bar night.

I had out a large bowl of mixed greens, I made homemade buttermilk ranch, and had bowls out with the following toppings...

-balsamic baked shredded chicken-house made bacon bits-garbanzo beans-sunflower seeds-sliced black olives-bean sprouts-bell pepper-red onion-grape tomatoes-sliced mushrooms-sliced cucumber-freshly grated cheddar-radishes-grated carrots-Texas toast croutons-hardboiled egg slices-avocado-

I also made a huge batch of homemade chewy chocolate chip cookies.

Back to the already poached chicken breasts.
Made it into a kind of Asian stir fry with the rice cooked in the poaching liquid.

Added whole scallions, grated ginger, a dried shiitake mushroom, to the pot with the rice.
When that was almost cooked, sautéed veggies and aromatics with added sesame seed oil, soy sauce and Chinese white wine and finally added everything from the rice pot to the meat and vegetables, threw in a handful of spinach and dinner was done. Got to remember how I did this for the future as it was pretty good.

Dinner tonight is leftovers from last night. I was so tired after all of the prep that I ended up not eating! It was salad bar night.

I had out a large bowl of mixed greens, I made homemade buttermilk ranch, and had bowls out with the following toppings...

-balsamic baked shredded chicken-house made bacon bits-garbanzo beans-sunflower seeds-sliced black olives-bean sprouts-bell pepper-red onion-grape tomatoes-sliced mushrooms-sliced cucumber-freshly grated cheddar-radishes-grated carrots-Texas toast croutons-hardboiled egg slices-avocado-

I also made a huge batch of homemade chewy chocolate chip cookies.
Doing a similar salad tonight. I always forget bean sprouts! Just added them to my grocery list thanks to this post.

It was just okay. The skin and most bones pulled off/out easily once cooked, but there were still some smaller bones left. I was not crazy about the soy sauce based marinade I made. I did it because I thought he would like it. He kept saying how great it smelled, but the taste was just okay. Plenty of leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

We’ll try again, maybe grill it next time. I generally like fish fairly plain, he needs more flavor and actually prefers deep fried. I am not willing to eat deep fried anything more than rarely.

Also had rice and I ate tomato salad.
Try filleting it, seasoning with salt and pepper and dusting it with flour. Pan fry in frothy butter until it's a little bit crispy. Deglaze the pan (add another tbsp. of butter if you need to) with the juice of a lemon and reduce for a minute or two. Pour this easy sauce over the fish and I bet both you and your DH will like it. :goodvibes

Tonight our supper plans fell apart so I had to wing it, without having stopped for groceries and not much of note on hand. I turned a can of creamed corn, a few strips of bacon and an onion and red pepper (which had both seen better days) into corn chowder and took a couple of kaisers out of the bread box, garlic-buttered them, topped with cheddar and broiled them for cheese toast to go with.

Last edited:
Try filleting it, seasoning with salt and pepper and dusting it with flour. Pan fry in frothy butter until it's a little bit crispy. Deglaze the pan (add another tbsp. of butter if you need to) with the juice of a lemon and reduce for a minute or two. Pour this easy sauce over the fish and I bet both you and your DH will like it. :goodvibes
Thank you! Sounds delicious. Not sure why he doesn’t fillet rainbow trout. He cleans them and the head is off, but the skin is still on and the bones. When he catches anything else he fillets them. We have eaten all the krappie fillets and I have 1 bag of perch fillets and probably 20 bags of rainbow trout that are not filleted. I am going to try your suggestion with the perch first since those are filleted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter