Welsh Members

Strangely we have been measuring him for seven dwarfs ride all year and blow me he surpassed it easily. šŸ¤žfor March. We are thinking a trip to Aulani next year and spring 2022 fo

Hello! Iā€™m an American of Welsh descent. Since travel this year isnā€™t going to happen, Iā€™m planning my 2022 summer vacation. I was wondering what everyone thinks should be on our ā€œmust doā€ list. We will be visiting family outside of Cardiff for a few days, but we have nothing else booked as of yet. If it makes any difference, it will be myself, DH, and our children who will be 10 and 12 when we go sometime from late June through early August (dates are flexible).
Thanks in advance for any help, tips, and advice!
You can even stay at a castle here in Pembrokeshire, Roch Castle, which has a lot of history attached to it, including being the birthplace of Lucy Walters who was allegedly married to Charles ll and did bear him at least one son. Not to mention Pembroke Castle, birthplace of Henry Vll.
We also have some great visitor attractions. Folly Farm is a terrific day out for everyone, fab beaches including Freshwater West where couple of the Harry Potter movies were filmed and where Dobby's grave apparently is. And St David's Cathedral located in the smallest city in the UK and a magnificent cathedral to boot.
We are right on the south west coast, but, it's worth it to see some of the best beaches in Britain if not the world. The towns are not much cop mind you, but, the countryside is fantastic.

An eerily quiet Remembrance Sunday on this misty, autumnal day in the Vale of Glamorgan. I was the only visitor at my little parish Church, so I streamed the BBC live and sat quietly with my dog.
Are you planning to do anything on ā€˜get out of lockdownā€™ day tomorrow? It seems strange to be coming out of lockdown, when Merthyr is still struggling to contain the virus.

So can anyone understand the logic of Drakefordā€™s latest announcement? šŸ§
Still makes more sense than anything Trumpy comes up with.,

However, I did go up to Cardiff today, only to Leckwith and Costco :P:D, it was a quiet drive up and surprisingly quiet everywhere there. I wanted to get some supplies in for Christmas, a very American theme involving Krusteaze pancake mix, maple syrup, corn dogs and other American goodies, not to mention two packs of mince pies, they are so good and blooming huuuuge!!!
One thing Drakeford could do is tell people who cannot wear a facemask is to make face shields compulsory instead. People still aren't washing their hands not observing social distancing.

how is everyone doing? missing disney?
Yes indeed. Recently cancelled our March and October trips and postponed them to December and Easter 2022. I keep looking at villas in Greece for July, finger hovering over the book button, but forcing myself to wait and be patient. Everyone around me seems to have been vaccinated but I am still waiting to be called. How are you?

Hello
A lovely sunny day today. We have a lot of Dvc points now but donā€™t feel good about going to WDW this year so booked our flights to Aulani yesterday for Janury 22. We have a countdown. šŸ¤Ŗ

Hello
A lovely sunny day today. We have a lot of Dvc points now but donā€™t feel good about going to WDW this year so booked our flights to Aulani yesterday for Janury 22. We have a countdown. šŸ¤Ŗ
How exciting for you. Have you been before? It is nice to have something to look forward to.

Still makes more sense than anything Trumpy comes up with.,

However, I did go up to Cardiff today, only to Leckwith and Costco :P:D, it was a quiet drive up and surprisingly quiet everywhere there. I wanted to get some supplies in for Christmas, a very American theme involving Krusteaze pancake mix, maple syrup, corn dogs and other American goodies, not to mention two packs of mince pies, they are so good and blooming huuuuge!!!
One thing Drakeford could do is tell people who cannot wear a facemask is to make face shields compulsory instead. People still aren't washing their hands not observing social distancing.
Hi, are you okay? You have been quiet for a while and I canā€™t tag you or message you.

I went to stay with a friend in Hawaii in 2004 and whenever my friend would tell people I was from Wales (technically true as I was living there at the time and so had come from there, but being born and raised in England I tended to say British or from the UK, however she really made a point of it) the response would always always be "Princess of Wales." Just those three words and then they would wait for a response.

Iā€™ve never been to Wales but my great grandparents were from there. I canā€™t remember where Grandma lived but Grandpa was from Ferndale. They both came to America a few years apart but on the same ship and met here. It is a dream to someday visit Wales!

I went to stay with a friend in Hawaii in 2004 and whenever my friend would tell people I was from Wales (technically true as I was living there at the time and so had come from there, but being born and raised in England I tended to say British or from the UK, however she really made a point of it) the response would always always be "Princess of Wales." Just those three words and then they would wait for a response.
Iā€™m American and of Welsh heritage. I always use ā€œPrincess of Walesā€ to help people out when I get a blank stare when asked about my nationality. We also get ā€œwhoa cool flagā€ a lot in reference to the giant Welsh flag my dad flies in front of the house too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter