We need a little Christmas at universal

Lol……you’ll be fine!

Look forward to reading it, sounds like a much needed trip!

Next post the arrival. We chose Cabana Bay because the charge for the room was pretty good. We love Cabana Bay for the food selection and the pool areas.

Also it's really a lovely place to enjoy the holidays. If you get nostagic for mid century modern.

We checked into Cabana Bay and were supposed to stay in a standard room and shocker got upgraded to the tower.

20221217_075320.jpg

This is our view. We have been upgraded more than a few times. We were really happy to be in the tower. We went out to dinner at a new Sushi conveyor belt. They even had a fancy Japanese toilet. Before we left I spent some time hanging out at the pool

IMG_20221214_154917_659.jpg

It was really a gorgeous afternoon. The weather was a struggle the rest of the stay. Going in December means you toss the dice on weather. We went to the Sushi place. It was fun. A lot of the more popular rolls were not on the belt and had to be ordered.
Another issue was that the parks were closing early so no time for parks this day

We started ou first full day with reports if rain and tornados. Great. We did go downstairs to eat breakfast and plan the day.

I had a savory waffle
20221215_082954.jpg
I was very good. But it was a lot. The only nutrition was the spinach. We got on the bus and headed to the studios. It was threatening rain. We headed for the tribute store to shop.

20221215_100655.jpg
I love the tribute store at Christmas. We then went to Diagon alley and rode Gringotts. And then got pumpkin juice and hot butterbeer.
Due to the weather Celestina was not performing. We had reservation for Finnigan so we went there for lunch
20221215_122715.jpg

Really quite good.

Large sausages there 😳

Glad you enjoyed it though, and shame you missed Celestina, hope you caught her another day.

My sister had steak.
20221215_122712.jpg
She gave me her Brussel sprouts. We went over to the regular Christmas store. Where I purchased an ornament. We also spoke to our parents who had gone out for a seafood lunch. At that point it started to really started to pour so we decided to leave.

20221215_131252.jpg
We went back to the resort and then we went to dinner at Orchid lounge. Which was quiet and we split several rolls. They make really good sushi. It's peaceful and quiet and th servers are so good
20221215_173011.jpg

That's a my green tea. Such a nice plus on a messy. By then the rain had stopped so we took the boat and went to islands to watch the HP castle show. Luckily the rain had scared the crowds away and we were able to watch. The tms tried to move us closer but the lack of crowds made this a non issue

20221215_183507.jpg
And that's where we ended our day

Wow I really left this one behind.

I do have a couple things to add. Will add more Pictures especially since I have a weekend to look forward to. Things that have a happened. I had a promotion at work which means more to do. I'm a Librarian and in a different section of the library.

We had a great time and a fantastic room at Cabana Bay. They opened the Malt shop while we were there. I made sure that we went and got a brownie sundae. I am not the biggest fan of chocolate ice cream and they kindly made it for us without the chocolate ice cream. We also chatted with the Assistant director of Food and Beveridge at Cabana Bay. He had worked previously at Tallahassee in a restaurant that we know well. Just a great experience.

We have also tempted another family who are friends into coming over to Universal. Shortly after this they stayed at Cabana Bay and fell in love. We are planning to go to the Luau in September at Royal Pacific with them.

20221215_194516.jpg
Heres the malt shop. We also went to Springs too.

We had a good time. We also went to Isands of Adventure but it has been so much more crowded.
20221216_140543.jpg

As you can see Christmas is my favorite Holiday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter