Walking with Walt - January 2024 Exercise Thread

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the January 2024 exercise thread! I got this book:

IMG_3120.jpeg

for Christmas, so I'll be mining it for Disney tidbits as a loose theme.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day. Since January has 31 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress:

10% - Big Thunder Blue
25% - Orange Bird Orange
50% - Pirate Purple
75% - Presentation Pink
90% - Rafiki Red
100% - Goofy Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on January 1st, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
PollyannaMom - 515/500

ShannyMcB - 331/330
BonnieF - 80/80 (injury)
sophy1996 - 1040/1000
Elizabeth Smith - 700/700
Twilight Sparkle - 3399/3000

DisFam95 - 255/900
Raya - 188/420

CarolineBowmanFan37 - 4020/4000
-------------------------------------------
Team Total - 10,528/10,930 (96%)

Last edited:

It's a fun book so far. I'm only a few pages in, and I've learned that Walt included a full "pet resort" so guests would be able to bring their dogs and not leave them in hot cars. It had various sponsors over the years and a big sign in that whimsical up and down font like the main gate and hotel:
IMG_3169.jpeg

And here's another pic from Google, because it's just cute:
IMG_3168.jpeg

I have no minutes for yesterday, as we had a Lodge thing and I got back too late to walk on the treadmill, but I did encounter an amusing Walt quote in my book this morning -

"One thing that surprises is how early they arrive."

:rotfl2:There was no context (it was just kind of heading art for a section on the entrance to Disneyland) but it made me laugh to wonder what he'd think about things today - not only people waiting in line for rope drop, but setting alarms to book dining reservations, Lightning Lanes, etc., or even attempting the crazy-long day of a 6-park challenge.

I utilized these boards many years ago and glad to see they’re still around! I need to make this year more about me for once which is insanely hard (I’m sure you all can relate) so I’m hoping to be more intentional w my exercise and thought I’d join a group - so who do I turn to? Disney lovers 🤪

I’ll try for 900 minutes this month. I haven’t been focused in along time so who knows what will happen!

Jan 1 got in 2 walks for 90min
Today I made myself walk for 60m so hoping to keep it going.

150/900

I think I'm in this month...maybe? The drama is done, the stitches are out, and the holidays are over. Let's try it. :)

Goal: 420, I'm hoping for a 30 minute session every other day, but giving myself a little grace. That works out to 105 each week.

currently: 34/480, 8%
week 1 - 34/105 minutes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter