VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Whew - well we made it through the (multiple) Thanksgiving festivities and subsequent shopping. But I must confess that the bulk of my shopping was done online this year. I had a few extra minutes this morning so went back over the thread to catch up.

Does anyone know if the new CCV's will have a club level? The artists rendition looks nice (thanks Granny), but I will miss the 'old' and comfortable lodge.

Muush - I hope you had a blast with the family!

BHGM is just around the corner! Look out TOWL, Groupies are headed your way!

Where did you see those pictures? I'd like to see that. Last time I was there there was no painting going on. Those are very odd color combos.

These were not pictures - they were first hand observations :). We just got back from VWL last week. Got to stay in 2531, with a GREAT balcony view of the construction :).

Sandy did post a number of photos on Humphrey's Site, under Visitor Posts....

Having seen the construction on those cabins, up close? JUST 2BR? They really look bigger than that.... If they didn't put in lofts, they wasted a LOT of space.

Now - a little gripe? Some of those cabins are starting to get painted. The Yellow's, Pepto-Pinks, and Greys look terrible. More like the old Toon Town :(.

Pepto-pink sounds like insulation perhaps? Let's hope it is not going to be a final cabin color.

Pepto-pink sounds like insulation perhaps? Let's hope it is not going to be a final cabin color.

::yes:: It's strange that they are all different colors but I'd also expect that the painting would be one of the very last steps and wouldn't think the final color would be completed yet.

Welp, 11 days until our WDW vacation at Boulder.... I mean Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge! Wait list hasn't come through, but I still have it activated just in case. Time to dance!
:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:-:dancer::dancer::dancer:
See ya there! So happy I was able to add another day at the Villas - 1 1Br was available for 1 night at the end of our stay - I felt it was Kismet that it was exactly what we needed - so I grabbed it!

These were not pictures - they were first hand observations :). We just got back from VWL last week. Got to stay in 2531, with a GREAT balcony view of the construction :).

Sandy did post a number of photos on Humphrey's Site, under Visitor Posts....

Ah I see. Not sure what Humphrey's site is. Obviously not the other board I frequent. :)

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe it's insulation wrap. Lets hope so because those colors sound awful & are totally out of place in that location.

Ah I see. Not sure what Humphrey's site is. Obviously not the other board I frequent. :)

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe it's insulation wrap. Lets hope so because those colors sound awful & are totally out of place in that location.

Nope. Not insulation..... we just resided our house :). I KNOW insulation - even from a distance :).

Moi?? :rolleyes1

As for the rendition of the new pool, it looks better than the current construction site. However, just about anything would. It appears to me the general drift in direction is toward a west-themed resort vice a northwest theme.

That's what I thought too. Seems similar to big thunder mountain railroad.

I'm not certain how many of you grew up actually swimming in a quarry turned swimming pool but I actually did! :laughing: And.....this looks nothing like it. Must be the difference between a Midwest granite quarry and a Northwest rock quarry. Still, Imagineering just doesn't have it here IMO even after hearing the new backstory.

Doesn't look like the rock quarry turned swimming pool around here either.

I do wish there were more trees and they appear to be adding a few. I guess the struggle is adding a pool big enough to accommodate the two DVC resorts and finding room for trees plus a natural looking "wall around the pool". I will admit my first reaction was that it looked awesome. It wasn't until I started looking at it that began to nitpick. I'm excited it will be finished for our trip next December!

Maybe the colors are primer? We can hope right? DH and I will be checking in on the 11th. I will take pics and post them as I can.

They COULD be..... but we were disturbed by the layout details....

Yellow, Pink, Grey - repeated down the line :(. Too uniform of a pattern..... :(.

We will be taking our son in law to WL/VWL twice in a few days to check the place out, etc. For his own good(to keep his opinion on the upswing)we will avoid the construction side of VWL as much as possible, though we will be riding boat to the groupie meet so Im sure we can't avoid seeing some cabins, but for his own good, we will shield him from the construction as much as possible:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter