VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thanks for sharing this Kathy, very interesting. Seeing that DVC is waiting on permits to be accepted by FL. Water Management(or something like that)gives me a little hope the cabin deal will fall through.

Did any of the groupies see this post on the resort page? Some sleuthing has been going on at the rooms that are currently getting renovated at WL and thought to possibly be DVC.....

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...ion-thread-2015.3372315/page-79#post-53754903

Thanks Kathy. I'm still wondering (and hoping) if they'll have separate booking categories like they do at AKV. I wouldn't want to stay in the main lodge unless it was concierge. I prefer the peacefulness of the villas.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CORINNE!!! :bday: :cake: :rockband:

Happy Friday groupie friends! :flower1:

Julie - loved your playing mooses! Thanks for sharing!

I went to the resorts post you shared Kathy. Very interesting indeed! Guess we'll all just have to wait and see...

So Corinne's having a birthday. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday! :cake::bday: Enjoy your special day!

Just saw this on Good Morning America. I know the groupies will appreciate this one. :)

What a wonderful video, thanks for posting! My daughter and I really enjoyed watching it. It's just like the kids playing in the splash pad area at WL while mom watches.

Away from the Groupies for a few days; participated in a three (3) day training session on Arena Simulation software. It is a nice package for generating simulated data around real world events for statistical analysis. Disnay uses this package for simulating and testing different scenarios for everything from food services, ride queues, park flow, mass transit, etc. Although very interesting training, it is always good to get back to the rut!

And . . . .

WELCOME . . . DisMom829 & Dean and Sandy! :welcome:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY . . . . CORINNE! party:

Julie - Loved the dancing Moose . . reminded me of my avatar.

Kathy...thanks for the link showing the room conversion in process. Looks like we can move the "WL Rooms Converting to VWL" from the Rumor status to Confirmed status. Or at least the "Very Likely" status.

It will be interesting to see how this whole thing gets handled. By all accounts, it is likely we may be seeing bungalow construction during our September trip.

Kathy...thanks for the link showing the room conversion in process. Looks like we can move the "WL Rooms Converting to VWL" from the Rumor status to Confirmed status. Or at least the "Very Likely" status.

It will be interesting to see how this whole thing gets handled. By all accounts, it is likely we may be seeing bungalow construction during our September trip.
I agree. Thanks for the link! And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CORINNE!! :cake:

Thanks for sharing this Kathy, very interesting. Seeing that DVC is waiting on permits to be accepted by FL. Water Management(or something like that)gives me a little hope the cabin deal will fall through.

Well, it could.... but the Main Building Room conversions will probably continue. True or not, I keep hearing that Disney's perception is that there are not enough "Deluxe Studios" at VWL. Now, we're homed there, and never have a problem getting one at 11 months. But it seems a lot of folks NOT homed at VWL ARE having a problem - oddly, getting SMALLER rooms.

Now - couple this with the MAIN WL Deluxe Hotel Occupancy problem. Not unique to WL. The problem: Disney has sort of hit the wall on raising room rates. The main WL building often experiences 65% occupancy - even with the (seemingly) perpetual 30% discount off rack. So.... The MAIN building could raise room prices again - then they would likely get stuck offering 40% discounts. It ain't working.... :).

I believe (all supposition on my part) that Disney will convert main lodge rooms to DVC to kill two birds with one stone - more "Deluxe Studios", coupled with a reduction in Main Building Rooms that aren't "moving" all that well.

Throughout this expansion thing.... I've been trying to figure out why a great part of the focus is on really LARGE cabins. Folks - help me out here.... is there a perception that the VWL lacks really LARGE spaces? Being a retired couple, we never try to get anything really large.

Well, it could.... but the Main Building Room conversions will probably continue. True or not, I keep hearing that Disney's perception is that there are not enough "Deluxe Studios" at VWL. Now, we're homed there, and never have a problem getting one at 11 months. But it seems a lot of folks NOT homed at VWL ARE having a problem - oddly, getting SMALLER rooms.

Now - couple this with the MAIN WL Deluxe Hotel Occupancy problem. Not unique to WL. The problem: Disney has sort of hit the wall on raising room rates. The main WL building often experiences 65% occupancy - even with the (seemingly) perpetual 30% discount off rack. So.... The MAIN building could raise room prices again - then they would likely get stuck offering 40% discounts. It ain't working.... :).

I believe (all supposition on my part) that Disney will convert main lodge rooms to DVC to kill two birds with one stone - more "Deluxe Studios", coupled with a reduction in Main Building Rooms that aren't "moving" all that well.

Throughout this expansion thing.... I've been trying to figure out why a great part of the focus is on really LARGE cabins. Folks - help me out here.... is there a perception that the VWL lacks really LARGE spaces? Being a retired couple, we never try to get anything really large.
Good points, Dean. Two items to mention about this. Many people have felt that one of the amenities VWL lacked were the grand villas, though I'm not one of them since we'll never use one, either. Second, by offering cabins--much like at PVB--they can offer more points for sale which increases their coffers. Regardless of whether most owners can afford the cabins, DVC can still sell the points for them. By increasing the number of deluxe studios (again modeled on the paradigm at PVB), once again they can offer more points for sale. You add a cachet to an already popular resort by building cabins, open up more studios to accommodate all the new buyers, and it's all financed by the new contracts. Win, win, and win for DVC. For VWL owners who love the serenity and smallness of the resort? Likely not so much. Here endeth my soapeth box sermonette. ;)

Hey Dean, My hope for this is we see Club or Concierge level studios in the main bldg. much like those at AKL. I never would have thought staying in this type room would appeal until I did so at the Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter