VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Had a proud moment again today, rode Star Tours 6 times in a row with wfc4life!! We feel really good going into our sr. years right now(course my back will tell me otherwise when I get up in the AM)
Rode ToT and Toy Story Mania, ladies did some pin trading, all around good day. Finished off the night at ESPN to get late dinner, now back at BLT where T is hard at work getting some final invoicing done for her acct. firm before they close out the fiscal year.

Had a proud moment again today, rode Star Tours 6 times in a row with wfc4life!! We feel really good going into our sr. years right now(course my back will tell me otherwise when I get up in the AM)
Rode ToT and Toy Story Mania, ladies did some pin trading, all around good day. Finished off the night at ESPN to get late dinner, now back at BLT where T is hard at work getting some final invoicing done for her acct. firm before they close out the fiscal year.
I know your new record on EE is 6; ours is 5, though on our last trip we had a great chance to break it but opted to go hit KRR before it got too crowded. I believe 3 is our measly record on ST. We like it though not enough to do more than 3 back-to-backs. Glad you're having a great time! Did you know pics are really welcome on this thread? :rolleyes1

Well done Jimmy, well done. LOL I had to laugh about the sr. years. My feet have been killing me lately and as usual I thought it was due to the combo of high heels at work and long hours on the dogs. well, go to the doctor and find out I have arthritis in my FEET!! who get's arthritis in their feet?? why me of course.

tell tammy not to work to hard, although if I had my choice of office locations, wilmington De or BLT, I'm going with door number 2.

Ok, vent/question.

So our August trip is coming up and I've got a few adr's but we normally don't do many. anyhoo, really looking forward to this trip as we've got a bunch of brothers, sisters, cousins, yada, yada, yada coming and as the boys get older I know opportunities for these type of gatherings will be rare.

We wanted to do a character breakfast. lol no kids but the adults are large children anyway. I saw a review of the star wars character breakfast at sci fi diner and it look cool until I saw the price.

50 bucks a head
I know it's disney and it has been a while since I've done a character meal but I can't get around 150 bucks for eggs and waffles. lol.

Has anyone done this? Have character meal prices really jumped up that much. I don't know why I thought the last time we did one it was averaging 30 bucks for adults.

jeez louise.

Thanks everyone! We are officially booked as of today! 11months to wait! We book studios so being close to laundry is good. We have been on the grounds before and eaten there plus ventured over to trails end to eat so we are psyched! Plan on only doing mk and epcot for 3 park days out of 8 days being there.

Oh gosh! I think I'd pass out if I did that.

Ok, vent/question.

So our August trip is coming up and I've got a few adr's but we normally don't do many. anyhoo, really looking forward to this trip as we've got a bunch of brothers, sisters, cousins, yada, yada, yada coming and as the boys get older I know opportunities for these type of gatherings will be rare.

We wanted to do a character breakfast. lol no kids but the adults are large children anyway. I saw a review of the star wars character breakfast at sci fi diner and it look cool until I saw the price.

50 bucks a head
I know it's disney and it has been a while since I've done a character meal but I can't get around 150 bucks for eggs and waffles. lol.

Has anyone done this? Have character meal prices really jumped up that much. I don't know why I thought the last time we did one it was averaging 30 bucks for adults.

jeez louise.

:wave2: We just did the breakfast a few hours ago. And did it last year too. :laughing: It's expensive, no doubt! Perhaps if you get the beef tenderloin something something instead of eggs? We don't do character meals too often so I don't recall what's normal but we have enjoyed this one. You get pictures with Darth Vader and Boba Fett before you are seated and the Greedo, Storm Troopers and Jawas come around while you are eating. Last year you got free downloads of the Vader pictures and my gripe would be that you have to pay this year or have Memory Maker but I guess it seems that might be the new norm for all the character meals. :( The photo pass person used our camera for one quick shot. So, the menu is fine, the character interaction is good and if you like Star Wars it's a fun character experience. If you have big eaters I believe you can ask for seconds - at least last year DH did and it was no problem. Twice is good enough for us for awhile but we generally find the character dining too expensive to do frequently.

Last edited:

Whew! I'd be lucky to get 2 in a row on Star Tours!!! DHS has 3 rides that can get me good, Star Tours, RNRC and TOT. One ride and I have to wait awhile before another! Everest though, we have you beat.......8 times in row one night. We had to quit then with extreme brain slosh going on. :rotfl2: A young man joining us on many of the rides that night beat us all though as he was at 11 straight rides when we finally called it. :faint:

It's too nice to be cooped up inside. Would someone please open up a portal to WDW for me? I would like to walk thru it, please.

I just read through some info also, figures we booked yesterday for next april. I wonder how long this project will go on? and hope that the Villa pool is open for us to use.

Busy day ahead, so this will be brief, still working on pics, will do my best to get up by Mon. AnnieT and her DH are OTW over and we will spend time with them and Will n Liz at MK, then too a graduation in Apopka at 8:45pm. Then got to be in Clermont at 9am Sun for grad party.

Had a great time meeting up with fellow groupies horselover, KAT4DISNEY and her DH Gordon, sechem32, wfc4life and the jimmytammy family at Star Wars Fireworks. And let me say, if you eve have the chance to see, do so. Amazing!!! Topped Illuminations for me, and that has been my fave since '99. I would go to Star Wars Weekends just to see that!

SFWMD permits filed yesterday for the expansion. There's a lot to read there but it looks they're adding several one story structures on both sides of the lodge. A little early to tell, but it looks like a lot of the wilderness feel will be affected. Time will tell.

http://www.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/DetailedReport.do?recordId=1&showMenu=false

I tried to use the link but it is timed out. I backed out a level or two and searched. I found and downloaded the PDF file with detailed drawings. The application shows twenty-six new structures on the beach. They plan to use waterfront on the north side of the main lodge (where water boats return from MK to dock) as well as shoreline in front of the villas. Last Christmas I noticed the trees painted for felling. Some may recall my pics. Judging by the drawings I looked at this morning, they are going to clear cut them all. I would say that they are going to be cabins with stand alone dwelling as there is a path from the new walk out to each unit. I'll try to study them a bit and determine actual size of the new buildings. It may help to guess one BR or two.

The file size is about 35 MB so it be difficult to email. I will try to extract some views of the plans and post them. I wonder if they would still convert units in the main lodge to dvc. seems doubtful to me, but what would I know. I work with this stuff at my business. I may go print a few sheets on big paper and get better info. I can post stuff later that help folks see what is going one.

This is a real bummer for me personally. I was real sad when I saw those green paint spots on all the trees. I knew it. I knew they we coming down.

Last edited:
I just viewed the plans also-- the buildings are about 50 to 60 feet long by about 20 feet wide. Definitely a bungalow.

I tried to use the link but it is timed out. I backed out a level or two and searched. I found and downloaded the PDF file with detailed drawings. The application shows twenty-six new structures on the beach. They plan to use waterfront on the north side of the main lodge (where water boats return from MK to dock) as well as shoreline in front of the villas. Last Christmas I noticed the trees painted for felling. Some may recall my pics. Judging by the drawings I looked at this morning, they are going to clear cut them all. I would say that they are going to be cabins with stand alone dwelling as there is a path from the new walk out to each unit. I'll try to study them a bit and determine actual size of the new buildings. It may help to guess one BR or two.

The file size is about 35 MB so it be difficult to email. I will try to extract some views of the plans and post them. I wonder if they would still convert units in the main lodge to dvc. seems doubtful to me, but what would I know. I work with this stuff at my business. I may go print a few sheets on big paper and get better info. I can post stuff later that help folks see what is going one.

This is a real bummer for me personally. I was real sad when I those green paint spots on all the trees. I knew it. I knew they we coming down.

This is sad. I doubt the deer will be walking up to our doors anymore if all the protective growth is cut away.

I saw the images on another posting, different board and it really irks me that developers don't understand the concept of wilderness and wildlife at all. For them, it's all about creating more for the human world, and pulling as much money out of each other's pockets as possible while at it.

That said, I'm flexible and will look forward to change with great curiosity.

Last edited:
http://i235.*************************************NewVWLPoolDM_1.png

Last edited:
http://i235.*************************************NewVWLPoolDM.png
Thank you Mike! Love the color coding you did.
Looks like it's in the plan to expand the pool. Anyone know what the two red structures are?
The green? Could that be a rec center?

http://i235.*************************************NewVWLPoolDM.png
Looking at this view of the drawings it appears the DVC pool is gone too. Looks like our trip on June 7 will be the last it looks like when we first fell for the villas at WL. I may relapse tonight and get stinky drunk. I was hoping that it would not look like this. When people were talking room conversions in the main lodge it gave me hope that the wilderness would remain.

Notice the heavy line thru the DVC building. Creates separation from the lake side and what is left of the wilderness. Would be be wrong to assume the this creates new class of room on points cost. Lake view vs. standard view. It stands to reason that it would as the upper floors (3-4-5) will now be able to see the water. The area will be a new pool? Red is what restroom and pool side bar with drinks and snacks? I don't know what the green is. A restaurant or more 1 & 2 bedroom villas perhaps?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter