Virgin Credit Card and Airmiles

Thanks everyone. I've been doing the surveys and its mounting up already. What I can't get my head around yet is how I would use them to book flights for all of us. As I understood it, any points that an individual earns can only be used towards a seat in their name. If that's the case, when booking flights for a family of 4 does that mean they have to be booked separately if only using airmiles for one or two of you?

We haven't signed the kids up yet as they can't earn points on anything apart from their flights so we will do that before we book anything. But again, for them to get points I have to make separate individual bookings? It says it is easiest to do online but from reading the posts above it sounds like phoning is a better way when it comes to booking time.

When it's time to book I will be looking at a flight out for me and the kids, a week later a flight out for my OH then the return flight will be for all of us. We are going for 3 weeks but OH can only make 2.

I book all our flights separately online, never tried to ring them. I just make sure there is availability for all of us before I start.

I book our flights online if I'm booking a straightforward miles flight. If I want to use the miles to upgrade (say pay for PE and use the miles to upgrade to UC) then I ring the flying club. When booking UC flights I always ask to be put through to the UC department as they are really knowledgeable and have helped so much over the years.

I book our flights online if I'm booking a straightforward miles flight. If I want to use the miles to upgrade (say pay for PE and use the miles to upgrade to UC) then I ring the flying club. When booking UC flights I always ask to be put through to the UC department as they are really knowledgeable and have helped so much over the years.
Agreed. The UC team seem to know everything!

When i booked M&M flights last year I used my miles for the 3 of us and i did it online.

We used miles In may 2015 and my mum was able to transfer all her miles to my husband account, we didn't get charged at all.
And had 2 flights for £400

We used miles In may 2015 and my mum was able to transfer all her miles to my husband account, we didn't get charged at all.
And had 2 flights for £400

You wouldn't have been charged but I suspect that your mum would have been as it's not the recipient that pays but the person whose account the miles are coming from.

You wouldn't have been charged but I suspect that your mum would have been as it's not the recipient that pays but the person whose account the miles are coming from.

She definitely wasnt as we hold all the accounts.
I was the one who called up, they asked us if we wanted to transfer her points to ours, and that's what we did.
They simply asked to speak to her and that was it, they don't hold any card details for her it would be impossible to charge her.
Everything we set up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter