TSA throw's out childs buzz lightyear WDW souvenir

Absolutely. A green and purple toy does look too much like a real gun. Where do they buy their guns??

You do realize that criminals paint guns to look like toys to try and fool the police. Google images of real guns painted to look like toys and you will see what criminals do.

The problem is the TSA's own rules are too subject to interpretation. This is what is ALLOWED in carryons according to the TSA web site:

Toy Weapons (if not realistic replicas)

So it is up to the gate to decide what is a realistic replica. But we've all heard it being interpreted strictly and even bright colors of plastic guns have been confiscated and even toy light sabers confiscated.

Unfortunately, with 3D printers, many people are printing out plastic versions of actual working guns! So, with that in mind and the knowledge that some people are painting actual metal guns bright colors to fool authorities, this seems to be why many security people are stopping people with these type of things.

Hi, actual USMC veteran and someone who has worked security in a variety of positions since (uniformed, armed, unarmed etc) here. Those supporting the TSA I... I'm sorry I just have to laugh. I have literally never before seen anyone that thought the TSA was a good thing. The TSA is what you get when you combine the worst aspects of bloated and blind government bureaucracy with poorly-trained, underpaid, unqualified candidates. As someone else so rightly pointed out how many terrorist incidents has the TSA stopped or gotten wind of? Five? Ten? How about zero. Yes...ZERO. That's not an exaggeration that's the actual number. One of the security jobs I had was private security at an airport; two people we fired for gross incompetence were hired by the TSA within a few weeks, both of them were made supervisors. The term security theater is being used a lot; the TSA is more like security stand-up comedy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter