• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

True crime

dez1978

DIS Veteran
Hit me up with your favorite True crime podcasts. I like to hear both sides of the story, not just the pro guilt or pro innocence side. Currently the WM3 story is back in the headlines. Most everything I have heard has been pro innocence, so I was looking for another side to balance that out. So I thought I'd ask here.

Good topic, I could use some new ones too.

There is a true crime mystery in the Lehigh Valley of PA, I wish some sleuths would solve it.

When 17-year-old Holly Branagan was found murdered in her family’s kitchen in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, the town was understandably shocked and saddened.

Now, 45 years later, there’s been no closure for Holly’s family, friends or Bethlehem and her killer has not been caught."

Scamanda
Crime Junkie (i feel like everyone knows about this one by now)
Psych Legal Pop
The Prosecutors (people either like this one or absolutely hate it)
Blind Plea
Women & Crime
Sword & Scale
Betrayal
Missing Maura Murray
What Happened to Libby Caswell

***I listen to podcasts all day long at work so I burn through a lot of them. Some are just focused on on one particular case and some are a different case every week.

If you have access to BBC iPlayer, watch Forensics: The Real CSI. Amazing stuff.

Alternatively, on Sky, you have Forensics: Catching a Killer. Also brilliant.

I love true crime podcasts! Tinkerbellandpeterpan gave you some great recs. I did like Scamanda and Missing Maura Murray.

Some others I like:

True Crime Bull--- (it would get filtered.)- great podcast about Israel Keyes, the serial killer
Your Own Backyard. A pod about Kristin Smart disappearance and murder
Hunting Warhead. This is hardcore and difficult. About how they caught people who hurt children
The Girlfriends. about a group of ladies whose friend is murdered and how he was caught
The Glitch- About an Aussie who had an ATM give him free money and what happened. Light-hearted
Murdaugh Murder podcast was good

If you're interested in true crimes from history, I highly recommend Most Notorious on YouTube. It's a podcast, not videos. I find it fascinating to hear of crimes committed in Victorian times or during the 20s. This podcast has covered everything from Jack the Ripper to Lizzie Borden to many cases I'd never heard about-which is really saying something because I *love* true crime podcasts.

https://www.youtube.com/@MostNotorious

I love true crime podcasts! Tinkerbellandpeterpan gave you some great recs. I did like Scamanda and Missing Maura Murray.

Some others I like:

True Crime Bull--- (it would get filtered.)- great podcast about Israel Keyes, the serial killer
Your Own Backyard. A pod about Kristin Smart disappearance and murder
Hunting Warhead. This is hardcore and difficult. About how they caught people who hurt children
The Girlfriends. about a group of ladies whose friend is murdered and how he was caught
The Glitch- About an Aussie who had an ATM give him free money and what happened. Light-hearted
Murdaugh Murder podcast was good
I was just going to mention Your Own Backyard! Chris Lambert did a phenomenal job on his research and talking with witnesses as well as being so kind to the Smart family. An incredibly well done podcast!

My Favorite Murder was really good for the first few years, but they've been phoning it in for a couple of years now. Still, I love those ladies.

Sweet Bobby is good...creepy.

Casefile is also good. If you watched the recent doc on Netflix about Jennifer Pan which was just so-so, Casefile does a better job with that...episode 50.

As someone else said, the Murdaugh Murders podcast was really good...and was happening in real time as that crazy case unfolded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter