• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TR - Running for my Disney II: Let's Make it a Half

After checking in to our next tour, and getting the instructions for meeting up with our group, we headed off to find somewhere to sit and have a cold drink while we waited (we had about an hour to fill in I think). We found a donut shop, and splurged on donuts and frappe style drinks, which was a nice break. Soon, we were setting off on our next adventure!

The next tour was supposed to be a 3 hour tour of Incheon city. Unfortunately, they had to change the itinerary (and they do say that in their terms and conditions, that itineraries can be changed at any time). There was a smaller group of us on this tour, and the guide wasn't particularly friendly or helpful. We weren't really told where we were going or what we were doing, so it was all pretty much a surprise.

We drove straight past the bridge that we would have gone over if we'd have stuck with the original plan of going to Incheon. That was a shame, because it was a cool bridge that I would have liked the opportunity to drive over.

Our first stop was an information centre with an observation deck over a canal. We were led through the information part first, but it was all in Korean, so we still really had no idea where we were or why we were there lol!

Next we were led up to the observation deck, where there were great views over the canal and surrounding areas (even though we really had no idea what the significance was). There were great parklands with a trail all the way up the canal.

We were led back to the bus, and driven along the canal for what seemed like a long time. We parked at a yacht club, and were led to the office to pick up floatation devices - apparently we were going sailing!

We just did a few laps around the yacht club before going back to the dock. It was fun though and something a bit different!

Once we were finished sailing, we thanked our skipper, handed our floatation devices back, and got back on the bus for the long drive back to the airport. Most of the group fell asleep.

Back at the airport, we headed through to the lounge and filled in a couple of hours there before our flight back to Hong Kong. We tried out a different lounge for an hour or so at Hong Kong, then finally got on our last flight of the trip back to Melbourne.

It had been a great trip, with lots of different experiences, catching up with family, meeting new friends, seeing some new and different places, and trying out lots of different airlines and lounges! Can't wait for the next one!

The second tour was really random - lol! Still relaxing on the boat! Looks like another interesting adventure and as you said another one planned not too far away now!

I think I have to randomly choose somewhere and start planning even if its not til 2017 that we go somewhere - I can't cope without a holiday to plan and I have a DD immersed in travel books for her European trip combined with work conferences in March - making me jealous!

Yes, it was actually a really nice afternoon to be doing a bit of sailing - turned out well!

Even with the number of trips we usually have on the go, I'm always planning pretend trips somewhere :rotfl: Would you get your fix from helping DD plan her trip?

Even with the number of trips we usually have on the go, I'm always planning pretend trips somewhere :rotfl: Would you get your fix from helping DD plan her trip?

I would but I can't - I have bred someone who likes the planning almost as much as me so she has been happily doing it all and has her accom all booked. I have to wheedle out of her where she's staying so I can look it up! I already had planned Lisbon but then didn't get there on our Spain trip in 2014 (location of her first conference - lucky girl). She was planning cross Europe train travel but now will prob visit some labs en route so waiting to hear when and who are happy for her to drop in so she'll fill in her middle weeks on the fly. Ends up in Amsterdam. If it was me I'd be going to Efterling for a day at least but she thinks she hasn't time. She has been researching what to see and do there and has an apartment for the week of the conference and days either side.

I have been staving off travel research working on another project - a digital photobook of our first big overseas trip back in ye olde 1984 including diary entries from the diaries I kept. The pics we took then were damaged in a fire at the developers (supposedly) and are pretty dodgy and have aged very badly so I am scanning them onto the computer, editing/restoring as best I can, and then creating the scrapbook - lots of fun but slow! It was an "around the world in 82 days" trip and included our first visit to Disneyland.

I have been staving off travel research working on another project - a digital photobook of our first big overseas trip back in ye olde 1984 including diary entries from the diaries I kept. The pics we took then were damaged in a fire at the developers (supposedly) and are pretty dodgy and have aged very badly so I am scanning them onto the computer, editing/restoring as best I can, and then creating the scrapbook - lots of fun but slow! It was an "around the world in 82 days" trip and included our first visit to Disneyland.

That sounds like great fun! And good idea to get those photos scanned safely onto your computer before they deteriorate any further :thumbsup2

Sailing in Korea? I have to admit...that would never have crossed my mind to do.
But it looks like a good way to fill in the afternoon.

Thanks for sharing this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter