Tokyo in September

jiminy.cricket

Chasing the magic
I recently discovered that I may be in Tokyo during the last week of September or first week of October. I was seeking any advice and even wondering if anyone here will be there at that time?

I've received some advice regarding transportation. Apparently that time of year will be pretty crowded and I think I have an idea of how to get to the resort through public transit.

How many days do you think I would need to explore the whole resort? I probably will not see all of it, but for a veteran of Walt Disney World, is there anything in particular that you would recommend seeing or skipping? Is there anything outside of Disney that you would recommend visiting? I will probably have about 5 days total. Sorry for the questions and thanks again for any information anyone is able to provide!

DisneySea is thoroughly amazing. You can't see and do everything in one day, but if you don't mind missing some shows, then one day is enough.

Disneyland will be very familiar to you, with only Pooh's Hunny Hunt being unique, maybe the best ride in all of Disney.

You don't need more than two days for the whole thing, and skipping DL is justifiable depending on your other interests.

Here are my trip reports:

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/other-disney-parks/21320-tokyo-disney-sea-tr-thu-august-6-2009-a.html

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/other-disney-parks/21369-tokyo-disneyland-tr-fri-aug-7-2009-a.html

I would suggest 2 days at Disney Sea, and either 1 or 2 days at Disneyland (depending on whether or not you want to experience "everything").

Tokyo is a city of everything -- I could spend two weeks there and not repeat any experiences. What are your interests? Have you looked at any guidebooks for ideas?

Disneyland will be very familiar to you, with only Pooh's Hunny Hunt being unique

Sorry, but that's simply not true. The Monsters, Inc. ride is unique, and the version of the Country Bears that appears in TDL as well as the canoes no longer exist in the U.S. And many of the other rides are significantly different from their U.S. versions.

Disneyland will be very familiar to you, with only Pooh's Hunny Hunt being unique, maybe the best ride in all of Disney.

You don't need more than two days for the whole thing, and skipping DL is justifiable depending on your other interests.

[/url]

I think Disneyland is worth a visit - a lot of the rides are an improved version of their US counterparts and very neat to experience. As mentioned, Monsters Inc is a totally new ride that's not in any other park.

If you like themed dining, you can't miss Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall and on a counter service scale, Grandma Sara's. Food is "eh"/"good" but the decor is awesome. Besides Pooh and Monsters, I would say these two would be your "must see"s for the trip.

If you're an early bird and like to get to the parks before opening, you should try and catch the mad dash after the gates open. It is horrifying and hilarious to watch everybody make a run to their fast pass choices. It is the most aggressive disney crowd you will ever see in your life. The Japanese totally do not believe in crowd control at park opening.

We're planning a trip in September as well. Those are some of my picks, and am happy to share more if you have any specific interests in mind. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter