Ticket Question

mom25kiddos

Mouseketeer
I am looking at 2 days at DL in May. When I looked at the cost for a 2 day ticket it is $310/adult, however if I buy 2, one day tickets (for the same days) the total would be $268/adult. I feel like I must be missing something. Is there a reason why a 2 day ticket would be higher? Should I just buy separate one day tickets? It just seems quite strange, I feel like I must be missing something!

Thanks!

I am looking at 2 days at DL in May. When I looked at the cost for a 2 day ticket it is $310/adult, however if I buy 2, one day tickets (for the same days) the total would be $268/adult. I feel like I must be missing something. Is there a reason why a 2 day ticket would be higher? Should I just buy separate one day tickets? It just seems quite strange, I feel like I must be missing something!

Thanks!
Just be aware that if you buy one-day tickets and then have to change your visit dates, you'll want your new dates to be in the same pricing tier as originally. Otherwise, you'll have to pay the difference to upgrade them to a higher tier--and at that point, they might cost more than a single two-day ticket.

Thanks to you both! I thought I must be missing something as it didn't make sense that single day tickets were more cost effective.

Thanks to you both! I thought I must be missing something as it didn't make sense that single day tickets were more cost effective.
Yeah, it's very confusing. It's because of one-day tickets being subject to tiered pricing. Sometimes they work out well for longer visits, sometimes they don't.

Just be aware that if you buy one-day tickets and then have to change your visit dates, you'll want your new dates to be in the same pricing tier as originally. Otherwise, you'll have to pay the difference to upgrade them to a higher tier--and at that point, they might cost more than a single two-day ticket.
Yes, this happened to me when I had to change my dates. My one-day ticket was originally a lower tier, but the new date I changed to was the highest so I had to pay $30 or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter