• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

There'’s Nowhere To Go But Down...…To The Utilidors! NEW TR LINK 6/4

That's so, so exciting Courtney!! I can tell you will be the perfect CM, with your love for all things Disney. :) I was hoping to make a trip in Dec, but not sure it's going to happen. I am thinking positively, but looks like I might have to hold off. If I end up down there, I will definitely come visit you. :)

I'd definitely follow an Instagram account if you make one. I have Twitter but don't use it much.

Courtney, I've finally caught up with your TR and I just have to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you- you're going to be an ah-mazing CM. Can't wait to hear where you'll be working. I'll be there Aug. 23-Sept. 3 and will keep an eye out for you! Again, great, great news!!

Just caught up here finally!
1. I love everything about this trip, and your family just seems so fun!

2. College Program!!! You seem like you'll be a fabulous CM, and I am pretty jealous that I didn't know about CP when I would have really enjoyed it (and been able to go!).

I'd totally love to follow you on IG; I need some more Disney in my feed!

2. College Program!!! You seem like you'll be a fabulous CM, and I am pretty jealous that I didn't know about CP when I would have really enjoyed it (and been able to go!).

Love your avatar! :)

I would LOOOOVE a DCP trip report from you! Hopefully I'll get to hear about a bunch of the fun stuff even if it ends up not making it to a formal report.
I'm so excited to find out what attraction you'll get!

OMG, Courtney! A HUGE CONGRATS!!! I have been busy myself and not on the DIS as much as I'd like. This is the best news ever, I am SO extremely excited for you! We will be in WDW in September for our first visit, I hope to run into you at your attraction. I cannot wait to hear your report on this experience!

I've fallen rather behind but wanted to say congratulations! This is so exciting and glad that you are going to be able to live out your dream! And fun too that your friend Katie will be there for part of it as well!

I'm celebrating button-DCP.jpg

Attractions sounds very fun - and I hope you get a specific position you are happy with. Other than being like the head of Imagineering the job I would most want at WDW is to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper so I am right there with you

YAY!!! It finally happened! We are so happy for you and so proud as well. I'm glad to see so many of your friends here will be able to check up on you for me while you are living in FLA because I don't know how I will be able to handle it. Lucky for you that Aunt Patti and Uncle Rick are close or I would be a lot worse.

I know you will love staying at AoA. I am glad we will have a car because that walk to the LM rooms seemed the longest of any walk. I definitely got spoiled in the Pop preferred room. Hopefully in August someone can hook us up again.

I hope they don't put you on one of the attractions where you have to keep walking backwards on the conveyor belt! I know you will be able to have fun on any attraction they put you at, as well as make it fun for the guests.

DCP, DPI, then on to Vice President of Parades and Spectaculars?? Then you can get us all jobs!

And now I can finally have a countdown ticker!

I'm in Chicago too :)....mostly because I live here, so that's where I always am! :rotfl:

That's so exciting that you'll have a friend there during four months of your program!! I really was interested in doing DCP when I was in college, too, but I simply ran out of time and had to student teach my last semester. Very sad for me. But luckily I can live my dreams vicariously through you!! :mickeyjum

Sorry, I'm not sure. Mixed signals here.
Are you pleased? Maybe just a little?

:rolleyes2

Ooooh. I remember my DWs last semester.
It wasn't easy on her.
But it was all worthwile once the baby was born.

Wait.... that's trimester, not semester.

Nevermind.

Wow! That's super fast!

::yes::

Oh boy. Maybe, just maybe.
If (and that's a big if) we go that early in the new year.
But I'd love to see you. :)

<poof> Card gone.
And you're gonna have to work hard to get it back young lady.

Mom always knows best.

Yay! Very happy for you!

Wouldn't that be just the coolest??

Sadly... I do not.

I is old.

Hey! That's really great!

Oh, you know. Just your international jetsetter. La dee dah.

:laughing:

Thanks for letting us know all about it! :goodvibes

I'm kind of happy about it. You could say.

:rotfl: yeah, no trimesters for me yet, thank goodness!!! I'm still young and have to do crazy things like move to Disney World.

The interview process went by SO quickly, and then the wait felt like forever!!

I am totally in favor of you going to WDW early next year! (I accidentally typed next week. I'd support that too, of course.)

Haha, I was sufficiently shamed. But now we are staying at AoA. Much better.

Fear not, I will be posting on the DIS for those who do not use social media!

Haha I know. I live a charmed life!

Thanks for following along!!!

Hmm, looks like Rob is as overly excited as I am!!!

Anyway, I was thrilled to read about all your DCP plans. After all those weeks of stressing and yet KNOWING you were going to get it, it sure does feel great, doesn't it?

How awesome that you friend will be doing DCP at almost the same time. I love it!

Can’t wait to hear which one (or two, or three, or four) of our ADRs you are going to join in July/August! :woohoo:

I am pulling for a Jungle Cruise skipper position for you, BTW. ;)

Hey, I'm just glad everyone's as excited as I am!!!

Right? It was the biggest relief getting that email. And then it was all kinds of exciting!!

Right?! She and I are making all kinds of plans for things to do once she gets there!

I know!!! So many choices, I have no idea what to pick!!!

You and me both, Roni!! Eeeee I can't wait to hear what I'll be doing!

How exciting!! I do hope if you start up an Instagram or Twitter you'll post it here so we can follow along.

And we will be in WDW in September so maybe we'll see you in your new role!!

I'm so excited for you! I only did it for one season, but working in MK was such a great experience for me; I know you're going to LOVE it! :dancer:

I am leaning toward an Instagram, which I will definitely post here!

Eee I hope you see me in September!! As it gets closer let me know what your park days look like :thumbsup2

I didn't know you worked at MK! That's so awesome!! I'm so excited to begin this new adventure :)

That is so exciting to have yours dates and your resort all planned. I know you'll enjoy the LM room. princess:

We'll be there in October and hope to see you there. :) You'll have to keep us updated so we know where you'll be.

I am so excited for the LM room. I know I'll love it!

I definitely will!!! As it gets closer let me know your park dates and we'll figure something out :thumbsup2

So jealous but so happy for you! Man I wish I could work at Disney World. But I'm so excited we'll be there while you're working! Definitely hoping you do get something like the Jungle Cruise, cause then we'll definitely wait around to see if we can request Skipper Courtney ;)

Six months of Disney time sounds awesome!

And staying at AoA, aaaah! You're just doing this on purpose to make us jealous now :P

I cannot wait to see you guys in WDW!!! And hopefully I'll be able to take you for a spin on whatever attraction I'm working!

I know, it's seriously a dream come true. I can't believe my life is real!!

Yay for staying at AoA! The Little Mermaid rooms really are so amazing.

Unless I have an (as of yet) unplanned vacation in the fall, it looks like I'll be just missing you (current plan for me is marathon weekend ... getting down to Florida on January 6th). But if you do a twitter or instagram, I will definitely follow along.

I hope you get to do a fun attraction (although, really, they're all fun)!

And so awesome that you and Katie will have some time together!

Overall ... YAY!! This is going to be so amazing for you!

I'm so excited to sleep in a LM room!! It's going to be so fun!

Oh man, just missing you!! I'm thinking an Instagram is the way to go, so I'll keep ya posted.

Right? It's going to be hard to go wrong. I know I'll have fun no matter what I'm doing!!

AHHHH I remember that day, January 30 so well!!!

"Okay so I was trying not to message you while you were on vacation...but you were in One Man's Dream while I was having my phone interview for the DCP...that HAS to be a good sign!!!"

Yeah... REALLY good sign!!! :jumping1:

As you already know, I am so happy for you to be living out this dream. You are going to make one heck of a CM.

Ugh LM room at AoA!! Dying.

I will really die if you're on the Jungle Cruise, I swear. I will freak out.

Honestly Courtney, I think it's wise not to commit to doing a too in depth TR in progress only because I've seen how tough that can be. Once you get rolling and all the wonderful park time when not working (and actually, you know, resting) it would be tough. But you better do something or ima go nuts.:p

Oh, now that is so wonderful that you have your friend Katie coming to share the majority of your tenure with. Of course, I also have a feeling you're gonna run into a lot of people over those 6 months.

Oh my gosh Rob. I remember hanging up the phone and checking Facebook. Seeing a picture from One Man's Dream made me feel like this was definitely going to work out. And it did!!

I'll be sure to send you a few Ariel pics, don't worry!!

You and me both, Rob. You and me both!!

That's what I was thinking. I definitely want to share all the fun things I'm doing, but I don't know if I can do a day-by-day update. I'll definitely be doing something here on the DIS, though!!

I'm so happy Katie and I got in on the same day, both with our top choice roles. We're going to have so much fun! And I agree that a LOT of DISmeets will be coming my way!

You are going to have such an amazing time! Ahh I'm still so excited and having your friend Katie there too will just be so awesome. Really, you're going to be a great CM and probably get a bijillion thank you cards. If you are on an attraction with a spiel, we'd definitely be taking our time to see you specially. :)

Move in dates are exicitng and I'm jealous about the Little Mermaid room, I mean, come on now. Just kidding, you deserve it ;)

Stop you're going to make me cry! I know if I ever get a thank you card I'll just sit there and sob. I really hope I can take you and Marie on whatever attraction I get!

I know, I'm way too lucky!!!

Again, big CONGRATULATIONS on the DCP news!! That's so exciting, and I really hope our October trip works out (barring anything crazy happening, it should) so I can finally meet you & see you in action!!!

I love the Frozen fireworks update. I scrolled through the pics slowly while playing the music you linked to, and it was really awesome! I am a little bummed we missed out on that part of Frozen Fun, although we got to do a couple of the things while we were in DL.

Solo time in the parks can be so fun, when you can just decide to do whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it. A character day sounds awesome! I love the pics with Chip & Dale. :rotfl: And Tiana is BEAUTIFUL! I mean, she's always pretty, but you know what I mean. We have yet to meet her, and that annoys me. She's from my home city!

Eeee thank you! I'm so excited to see you and the family in October!!

The fireworks were really cool. I'm excited that they'll be back this summer!!

You should absolutely meet Tiana next time!!! She is gorgeous and represents NOLA so well!

That's so, so exciting Courtney!! I can tell you will be the perfect CM, with your love for all things Disney. :) I was hoping to make a trip in Dec, but not sure it's going to happen. I am thinking positively, but looks like I might have to hold off. If I end up down there, I will definitely come visit you. :)

I'd definitely follow an Instagram account if you make one. I have Twitter but don't use it much.

Thank you so much Kelley!! Definitely keep me posted on any WDW plans you have :)

I'm thinking Instagram is the way to go!

Courtney, I've finally caught up with your TR and I just have to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you- you're going to be an ah-mazing CM. Can't wait to hear where you'll be working. I'll be there Aug. 23-Sept. 3 and will keep an eye out for you! Again, great, great news!!

Thank you SO much!! Definitely keep your eyes peeled for me :)

Please start an Instagram! It's a great way to share without taking too much time.

I'm thinking I will, and I'll post the link either here or on my new TR depending on when I start it up :thumbsup2

Thank you so much!!! I'm so excited to start my CP, and I'll definitely let you know when I start up my new IG account!! :D

DCP!!!! YESSSS! Congratulations girly!!!! Maybe I'll see you when I visit in September :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

YESSSS I hope you do!!

I would LOOOOVE a DCP trip report from you! Hopefully I'll get to hear about a bunch of the fun stuff even if it ends up not making it to a formal report.
I'm so excited to find out what attraction you'll get!

I'll definitely be doing some sort of TR!! Oh I know. I can't even wait to hear where I'll be working!!

OMG, Courtney! A HUGE CONGRATS!!! I have been busy myself and not on the DIS as much as I'd like. This is the best news ever, I am SO extremely excited for you! We will be in WDW in September for our first visit, I hope to run into you at your attraction. I cannot wait to hear your report on this experience!

Thank you so so much!!! I hope you do run into me when you're in WDW!!!

I've fallen rather behind but wanted to say congratulations! This is so exciting and glad that you are going to be able to live out your dream! And fun too that your friend Katie will be there for part of it as well!

Attractions sounds very fun - and I hope you get a specific position you are happy with. Other than being like the head of Imagineering the job I would most want at WDW is to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper so I am right there with you

Thank you SO much, I'm so excited to get started!

Ahhhh I can't even wait to find out what position I get. Jungle Cruise skipper or Great Movie Ride tour guide are tops for me but I'll be so happy working in WDW no matter what!!

YAY!!! It finally happened! We are so happy for you and so proud as well. I'm glad to see so many of your friends here will be able to check up on you for me while you are living in FLA because I don't know how I will be able to handle it. Lucky for you that Aunt Patti and Uncle Rick are close or I would be a lot worse.

I know you will love staying at AoA. I am glad we will have a car because that walk to the LM rooms seemed the longest of any walk. I definitely got spoiled in the Pop preferred room. Hopefully in August someone can hook us up again.

I hope they don't put you on one of the attractions where you have to keep walking backwards on the conveyor belt! I know you will be able to have fun on any attraction they put you at, as well as make it fun for the guests.

DCP, DPI, then on to Vice President of Parades and Spectaculars?? Then you can get us all jobs!

And now I can finally have a countdown ticker!

Don't worry, my DIS buddies will be able to report back to you! And you'll be visiting a few times as well :)

Yeah, I agree that having a car will be super helpful. We are going to have so much fun! Can't wait to make some ADRs!

Hahaha I'll become a pro at backwards walking at least!

That's the plan!!

I totally forgot to make one until I read your comment, but I have one now!!

I'm in Chicago too :)....mostly because I live here, so that's where I always am! :rotfl:

That's so exciting that you'll have a friend there during four months of your program!! I really was interested in doing DCP when I was in college, too, but I simply ran out of time and had to student teach my last semester. Very sad for me. But luckily I can live my dreams vicariously through you!! :mickeyjum

Oh awesome!!! I really enjoyed your city :goodvibes

I'll definitely be reporting back allll about my experience!!!

Chapter 44: The End of My Solo Morning

I was checking out character times on Kenny the Pirate’s site while I ate, and decided that my next meet would be Aladdin and Jasmine!

Aladdin wasn’t out today but Jasmine was very sweet. She saw my shirt and asked if I liked elephants. She said that Abu didn’t like being an elephant and he gets into more trouble when he’s a monkey since he’s smaller.

14791733031_cc0a2ecc1c_z.jpg

After that I strolled over to New Fantasyland. I had been by a couple times because I wanted a magic Photopass shot, but hadn’t been able to find a Photopass CM. I did see one in the shade and asked if she knew where I could have my picture taken, and she offered to take it! I’m so happy with how they came out!

14794862025_21deb83f19_z.jpg

14791734081_b3bf559dd4_z.jpg

I had a little time before my next character meet, so I decided to see Philharmagic again.

When the show ended, I hopped in line to meet the Fairy Godmother! She showed the little girl in front of me the ASL sign for “beautiful” so I loved her right away.

14814702403_a3c0f83dd1_z.jpg

Fairy Godmother asked me what my plans were for today and I told her that I was meeting characters and then going to Animal Kingdom. She asked if I had met Tinker Bell and I told her yes, and she was glad since a lot of people don’t know she meets at Town Square now!

14794856845_fe4f135593_z.jpg

I walked back toward Main Street and snapped a few castle pictures.

14686408415_16fb95ce1c_z.jpg

14663411946_ac7fce250b_z.jpg

I figured it was time to head over to Animal Kingdom, but as I was walking down Main Street I heard a familiar tune…

14499744420_4183dc919f_z.jpg

HEY GET UP GET LOUD START PUMPIN’ UP THE PARTY NOW!!!

14499777298_b8958f23c0_z.jpg

Oh yeah. Mad Hatter's pumped.

14686120522_4874f5f539_z.jpg

I was too hot to go join in the dance party but I was happy to see the floats (for what would be the last time…RIP Move It Shake It Celebrate It).

14706293603_912861327a_z.jpg

14683227431_0febf4617e_z.jpg

14663409226_4599ce3c1c_z.jpg

14686119222_53917271a8_z.jpg

I decided to get an Olaf rice krispie on my way out.

14499758789_cb06cb3bde_z.jpg

Saying goodbye to the Magic Kingdom is the worst, 0/10, would not recommend.

14499770248_4667e699c9_z.jpg

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Note: since I wasn't at Animal Kingdom this morning, this chapter was written by my mom, CarolAnnB!

Chapter 45: My Family’s Day at AK

We drove to AK so we would have the car later on to get to the Grand Floridian. I dropped Keith, Ky and Emily as close to the gate as possible, then went to park the car because I was not feeling very Everest-y. They went to Everest, did the FP+ first since Ky didn’t believe it was only a 5 minute wait but when they came out it was still saying 5 minutes so they did it again.

14792548454_277c961119_z.jpg

14794561322_a28460c85a_z.jpg

I waited by the safari because we had FP+ at 10. I started to get nervous when 4 tour groups walked by me heading to the safari at about 9:40am, but we got right on at 9:55.

14685235624_ffd1015970_z.jpg

14664613916_01194dc03f_z.jpg

14500954150_90dc2eac58_z.jpg

It was not the best safari. No lions. Only one giraffe way off to the side. I was glad we had had such a good safari earlier in the week.

After the safari, we headed towards Flights of Wonder for ASL show at 11:30. While we waited, Emily finally got her Mickey pretzel, Ky got an ice cream sandwich, I got frozen lemonade, Dad probably got something healthy to make the rest of us look bad. We listened to a trainer with a bird that could fly down to near the safari entrance and back. They trained it by placing a treat a little distance away, letting the bird get it and come back, then they keep increasing the distance. It was pretty interesting. The Flights of Wonder show was the same, with the goofy “tour guide” who wanders into the show. Our interpreters were Jonathan and Summer. The bird that takes the dollar from the audience member is my favorite. When he returns it, the “tour guide” says, “That’s the first time you ever got money BACK at a theme park.”

14500988238_32b9035437_z.jpg

14687336252_aca71945f4_z.jpg

Our interpreters:

14500948640_780ac86598_z.jpg

We had some time to kill before the ASL Finding Nemo, the Musical at 1:00 so we decided to take the train out to Rafiki’s Planet Watch. We hadn’t been out there in so long that Kylie didn’t even remember it.

14500969369_af8efc869b_z.jpg

The CM made the usual announcement about staying seated at the beginning of the ride, which was only about 5 minutes long. Then she repeated it 3 more times to try to get this one kid to sit down. Then, they SHUT IT DOWN until he finally sat down.

The girls met Chip and Dale outside then headed inside and met Rafiki.

14608152620_4027dfab50_z.jpg

14794857085_e3a8ae6929_z.jpg

We saw a bird getting examined by vet because of some damage to its wing. Also saw this lovely game.

14500984188_9d1aee4bd9_z.jpg

We went outside to the petting zoo but most of the animals were hiding in the shade because it was really hot. I stopped in the ladies room before we left, where they had piped in shrieking bird noises which were pretty scary. I have a thing about swarming birds so it was certainly no relaxing experience.

14501170097_8cfccf4f9b_z.jpg

We headed over to the Nemo area to get in line for the show. At Nemo, you line up with the VIPs and wheelchairs if you are going to the ASL section. There were 2 girls who were there because they had VIP passes. They were moving over to give us some shade, but Dad couldn’t hear what they were saying and signed that we were fine. I told him that they were there for VIP, not for ASL, but one of the girls signed back to him. It turns out she was hard of hearing, so she moved down to the ASL section to sit with us. She signed a bunch with Kylie and at the end asked if she could meet up with us at the Lion King show later.

14664605786_1c67fbff84_z.jpg

14664604836_fa5bb55f5b_z.jpg

Continued in next post

Last edited:
Ahhhh, who needs Aladdin anyway when you have Jas to meet. :p I mean the movie isn't called Aladd... Wait. Never mind. :oops:

It's so weird. Sometimes there are photographers everywhere, and sometimes you really have to look. Thankfully you got what you were looking for and awwwww, Chip.

I STILL haven't met FGM. I just never seem to get there at the right time. Definitely a priority. She just seems cool.

HEY GET UP GET LOUD START PUMPIN’ UP THE PARTY NOW!!!

:sad: Why Disney... WHY????????? Why did you do that to me???? I've been good... mostly!! :sad:

YAY bonus chapter!!

Awww it's never good when you don't feel Everest-y. :(

I enjoy Flights of Wonder every now and then. Nice catch on the owl photo. really well done.

I love that you get pictures with the interpreters because pictures with CM's :rockband:

That is so cool meeting that girl in the line for Nemo.

I am totally in favor of you going to WDW early next year! (I accidentally typed next week. I'd support that too, of course.)

Me too!
I wanna go next week!

Aladdin wasn’t out today but Jasmine was very sweet.

Yay Jasmine! My second favourite princess.
But who is this Aladdin you speak of... and who cares.
Jasmine!

asked if she knew where I could have my picture taken, and she offered to take it! I’m so happy with how they came out!

Love those shots!

She showed the little girl in front of me the ASL sign for “beautiful” so I loved her right away.

Man! as if Disney didn't do enough to make you fall in love with it.
Then this!

Great shot! I like how you framed the castle with the foliage.

I was too hot to go join in the dance party

I don't understand.
What does you're being hot have to do with not joining the dance party?
Didn't want to muss your hair?

Oh, wait.
You're talking about the air temperature here, right?

(for what would be the last time…RIP Move It Shake It Celebrate It).

I didn't know it was going away. I might've paid more attention to it.

I decided to get an Olaf rice krispie on my way out.

Oh man. That looks goooooood.

Saying goodbye to the Magic Kingdom is the worst, 0/10, would not recommend.

:laughing: I might give it a negative score.

then went to park the car because I was not feeling very Everest-y.

Not. Feeling. Everest-y.

:faint:

I started to get nervous when 4 tour groups walked by me heading to the safari at about 9:40am,

I bet!
Surprised it didn't have a bigger impact on your wait time.

Flights of Wonder for ASL

I find it wonderful that Disney does this (same for Nemo).

Dad probably got something healthy to make the rest of us look bad

Boo, Dad!

When he returns it, the “tour guide” says, “That’s the first time you ever got money BACK at a theme park.”

:laughing: I'm surprised he got it back. :rolleyes1

We hadn’t been out there in so long that Kylie didn’t even remember it.

I've done it and I hardly remember it.
It wasn't exactly the highlight of my trip.

The CM made the usual announcement about staying seated at the beginning of the ride, which was only about 5 minutes long. Then she repeated it 3 more times to try to get this one kid to sit down. Then, they SHUT IT DOWN until he finally sat down.

Good grief. :sad2:
"Oh, that announcement is for everyone else."

I stopped in the ladies room before we left, where they had piped in shrieking bird noises which were pretty scary. I have a thing about swarming birds so it was certainly no relaxing experience.

:laughing: Well I guess that keeps stall turn around times low.

They were moving over to give us some shade, but Dad couldn’t hear what they were saying and signed that we were fine. I told him that they were there for VIP, not for ASL, but one of the girls signed back to him. It turns out she was hard of hearing, so she moved down to the ASL section to sit with us

Love it!

She signed a bunch with Kylie and at the end asked if she could meet up with us at the Lion King show later.

Only in Disney can you make a new friend that fast.

Thanks for the updates ladies! :goodvibes

Courtney. I almost hate your photos for being so perfect. I love everything about them.

ALADDIN IS NEVER WITH JASMINE AT THAT SPOT and it makes me really sad so I understand but it looks like you had a great time with just Jazzy J!!!

Your magic shots are so cute!! And how sweet that she taught that little girl how to say "beautiful" in sign language!!

Saying goodbye to the MK is the woooooorst evvvvveerrr.

Again. The AK photos are looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovely. My iPhone 4S feels shameful.

Hooray for the Chip magic shot! :-)

I LOVE your "heart" picture with the Fairy Godmother!!! :lovestruc
I can't think of a time where I haven't felt Everest-y. ;) It's one of my favorite Disney rides and I can't wait to ride it in May! :worship:

Rafiki's Planet Watch has always been shoved to the "if we have spare time" list... perhaps I need to move it higher so I finally see it. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter