The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

I was watching a video today and it looks like units in Falls have also been updated (this isn't my video).
Looks like a soft surface update has been done (draperies, seating surfaces). These are done in all sections on about a 5 year cadence. Surprised that the carpet looks the same as always, but it does look clean, so maybe they are using the same pattern from the last update.

Weird looking with the mismatched furniture in the Master.

Also just noticed a bigger change - I'm pretty sure Falls had the solarium windows on the kitchen, and I kind of agree that moving to the smaller regular window does make it look kind of like a barracks building.

It is getting back to a Miami Vice vibe though with some of the color choices.

Think it's interesting that they pointed out Courts as looking more 'vacation like'

Last edited:
We will be staying at Sheraton Vistana Villas - hopefully after the renovations are done at Cascades. Questions:

1) Which phase (Lakes or Cascades) is better located? I will be traveling with older family members who will likely want to stay at the resort and will use the balcony, pool, etc. to relax. One in our group may have a scooter - so I am sure we will need a phase with an elevator or ground floor unit. The younger in the group don't mind walking to the pool or wherever else we need to go.

2) Has anyone seen a renovated room at Cascades yet? I'm curious to know if there are any photos of the newly renovated Cascades units!

Thanks!

1 - I think Cascades is better as it is in the main section of the resort. More pools, marketplace and a few other dining options are there vs the north section where Lakes is.

2 - If looking at what they did with Falls, I think the renovations are about the same as they have done there and in Fountains and Lakes. The renovations at Sheraton VIstana Villages on I-Drive are very similar. Nothing groundbreaking. Just go out to YouTube and do some searches and you will see what the Fountains, Lakes and Falls units look like. Or look at post #2798 on the prior page. THe layout is different, but the decor is similar.

For anyone who has stayed recently in Fountains how are the sheets on the master bed? We will be there for 2 weeks. Sometimes we have stayed the sheets have been hotel quality. Sometimes the bottom sheet is a flat that won’t stay tucked in. Considering whether to bring my own. We take the auto train down, which means you can bring the contents of your house if you want.

For anyone who has stayed recently in Fountains how are the sheets on the master bed? We will be there for 2 weeks. Sometimes we have stayed the sheets have been hotel quality. Sometimes the bottom sheet is a flat that won’t stay tucked in. Considering whether to bring my own. We take the auto train down, which means you can bring the contents of your house if you want.
They are flat sheets. I can't speak for the quality because we rip it off and put on our own fitted sheet that we bring with us.

Hello, has anyone been yet in 2024 and have an update on renovations? Or favorite area is around Cascades but the website is showing renovations ongoing until April 2024. I am just wondering if we should try to avoid this area. Is there a second that surrounds the Cascades pool section that has been recently updated that we could request? We stayed in the fountains section last March and while the renovations were fantastic, we did find it a longer walk to the Cascades pool and the super pool. We are returning the first week of March from freezing cold Canada :) We cannot wait.

Hello, has anyone been yet in 2024 and have an update on renovations? Or favorite area is around Cascades but the website is showing renovations ongoing until April 2024. I am just wondering if we should try to avoid this area. Is there a second that surrounds the Cascades pool section that has been recently updated that we could request? We stayed in the fountains section last March and while the renovations were fantastic, we did find it a longer walk to the Cascades pool and the super pool. We are returning the first week of March from freezing cold Canada :) We cannot wait.
I'd recommend staying in building 15/16 in cascades. 15 had been completed in December and 16 was well underway, I'd imagine it's been completed by now. I hope this helps.

So, we are making our first trip to the resort at the end of August/first of September as Nana and Poppa, and we are wondering .... does the resort provide cribs on request? What about high chairs? I'm guessing yes, but since our son was already a teenager by the time we found the resort, visiting with a baby is all new for us!

We can't wait to introduce this guy to our favorite place in Florida :).

FB_IMG_1709812191447.jpg

So, we are making our first trip to the resort at the end of August/first of September as Nana and Poppa, and we are wondering .... does the resort provide cribs on request? What about high chairs? I'm guessing yes, but since our son was already a teenager by the time we found the resort, visiting with a baby is all new for us!

We can't wait to introduce this guy to our favorite place in Florida :).

View attachment 840610
Yes I remember many years ago (maybe 12?) they provided us a crib and high chair. If you haven’t already, maybe just call and ask the front desk to attach those requests to your reservation (I think they have ample but are first come first serve)

Your grandson is adorbs by the way!!

A few other tips:
1. Check out local baby gear rental places- we used to use A Baby’s Best Friend but I think they are closed now. They had great strollers, play yards, monitors etc. I think when DD was really young we brought our own stuff but when she was a toddler we used them.
2. You probably know this, but if going to Disney the Baby Care center in each park is phenomenal. Great place to change diapers and refresh.

You will have the best trip!!!

Gina, we will be checking in April 13.
I can confirm for you, and process for getting.
Lots of us heading there it seems. We are at Edisto Island (Wyndham Ocean Ridge) right now and head home to Vistana on Saturday.

@Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina (or is that Gina-Gina-Nana-Bina now?), congratulations to the new addition to the family! Amazing how life quickly life stages go by. I'm sure I'll be a grand 👵soon enough, but not really in any hurry :)

Lots of us heading there it seems. We are at Edisto Island (Wyndham Ocean Ridge) right now and head home to Vistana on Saturday.

@Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina (or is that Gina-Gina-Nana-Bina now?), congratulations to the new addition to the family! Amazing how life quickly life stages go by. I'm sure I'll be a grand 👵soon enough, but not really in any hurry :)

Enjoy your stay!!! Did A's school board have a different March Break than the other parts of Eastern Ontario, or did your Vistana week just not align this year? I hope you get some SPECTACULAR weather!! Let me know what the new mini golf is like .... I hear that it's just reopened after a refurb.

Gina, we will be checking in April 13.
I can confirm for you, and process for getting.

That would be AWESOME!!! Thank you!!

Yes I remember many years ago (maybe 12?) they provided us a crib and high chair. If you haven’t already, maybe just call and ask the front desk to attach those requests to your reservation (I think they have ample but are first come first serve)

Your grandson is adorbs by the way!!

A few other tips:
1. Check out local baby gear rental places- we used to use A Baby’s Best Friend but I think they are closed now. They had great strollers, play yards, monitors etc. I think when DD was really young we brought our own stuff but when she was a toddler we used them.
2. You probably know this, but if going to Disney the Baby Care center in each park is phenomenal. Great place to change diapers and refresh.

You will have the best trip!!!

So many things to learn about traveling with babies!! We are doing no parks this trip (just some family relaxing .... its been a chaotic year) unless I can convince them all to do a MNSSHP. Might need tough with the little dude who has a 7 pm bedtime, but we shall see.

Very excited to utilize all the space in that luscious villa! We will appreciate every square inch of it with all the baby gear!

Enjoy your stay!!! Did A's school board have a different March Break than the other parts of Eastern Ontario, or did your Vistana week just not align this year? I hope you get some SPECTACULAR weather!! Let me know what the new mini golf is like .... I hear that it's just reopened after a refurb.
Actually, she officially retired from full-time teaching about 3 weeks ago. Biggest and hardest decision she has ever made, but teaching gets harder and harder every year; it takes a lot of energy and commitment and she has helped shape the lives of so many kids (even now teaching the kids of kids she taught years ago). It wasn't a done decision until a couple of months ago, so we booked Edisto for the actual March break, but held onto our Vistana just in case. Yes, our week didn't align this year, but it turns out it was a bonus for our first ever 2-week long spring break!
She will start supply teaching in April which, along with her pension, will probably have her income close to the same for little effort. She will probably keep this up until I retire which is 'God knows when'. Have to say I am jealous of her new-found freedom though, so feeling the pressure to start enjoying life more!
Will take a look at the mini-golf. Ocean Ridge has a nice little course too, we'll have to take that in later this week if we can fit it in.

Actually, she officially retired from full-time teaching about 3 weeks ago. Biggest and hardest decision she has ever made, but teaching gets harder and harder every year; it takes a lot of energy and commitment and she has helped shape the lives of so many kids (even now teaching the kids of kids she taught years ago). It wasn't a done decision until a couple of months ago, so we booked Edisto for the actual March break, but held onto our Vistana just in case. Yes, our week didn't align this year, but it turns out it was a bonus for our first ever 2-week long spring break!
She will start supply teaching in April which, along with her pension, will probably have her income close to the same for little effort. She will probably keep this up until I retire which is 'God knows when'. Have to say I am jealous of her new-found freedom though, so feeling the pressure to start enjoying life more!
Will take a look at the mini-golf. Ocean Ridge has a nice little course too, we'll have to take that in later this week if we can fit it in.

Please give her our congratulations on her retirement! Enjoy this new stage of life!

I was watching this video (not mine) and they went inside the building with Zimmies. Did they compeltly renovate this building? We've only been to SVR during covid when much of this was still closed. I didn't expect the inside to look anything like this with so much inside. I don't recall an arcade either. Has it always been like this? I always just thought there was the indoor seating for Zimmies and a fitness center on the end.

I was watching this video (not mine) and they went inside the building with Zimmies. Did they compeltly renovate this building? We've only been to SVR during covid when much of this was still closed. I didn't expect the inside to look anything like this with so much inside. I don't recall an arcade either. Has it always been like this? I always just thought there was the indoor seating for Zimmies and a fitness center on the end.
Hmm we haven’t been there since 2022 but the basic layout looks the same to me… I do remember an arcade but the air hockey might be new

Hmm we haven’t been there since 2022 but the basic layout looks the same to me… I do remember an arcade but the air hockey might be new
We were there in 2021 and it was still closed. I peered through the windows on the door and it just looked like tables stacked up on the inside. I don't recall that seating area and arcade, but it could have been there. I just didn't expect it to look like that inside. I though the entire inside was just a restaurant.

I have a trip coming up in August and was wondering if anyone knows if there has been any change to the previously reported spotty/non-existent Wi-Fi? I've read through many pages of messages but haven't seen anything about it lately so just wondering if it was resolved or still a known issue? Thanks so much!

Agree with @Mrs~Incredible it has always had this basic layout. The decor looks to have been refreshed a bit, but the basic layout is pretty much the same. Just returned yesterday, they are no longer serving breakfast at Zimmies (Marketplace is only option now).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter