• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The nightmare thread. šŸ˜± šŸ›Œ

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
The nightmare thread. šŸ˜± šŸ›Œ If you have had a nightmare recently, feel free to discuss it here. I recently had a nightmare being back in high school and being made fun for not achieving my dreams yet. I guess I dreamed that because most of my friends have graduated from grad school already and I'm still working on saving enough money for law school. I know I will eventually make it to law school but sometimes it just feels like I'm behind my peers in terms of success. I know life goals aren't a race but it sure can feel that way once in a while. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤”

Iā€™ve been retired from waitressing 15 years and I still have nightmares about work. Being ā€œin the weeds.ā€ No clean glasses, canā€™t find the silverware, I walk forever to get ice, etc.

I have dreams nightly & nightmares way more frequently than I'd like.

In my last nightmare, I was in a hotel. DH was on a jobsite. The manager comes in to tell me a tractor trailer blew up & he was killed immediately. I'm in a state far away from anyone I know & the manager is trying to help me.

I woke up in a panic & called DH immediately. The thing that made this particularly scary was that reality mimicked the nightmare way too closely. I was in a hotel far from family. The room looked exactly like the room in my dream & DH was on a jobsite. The tractor trailer was the only anomaly.

On a similar topic, for the past couple years, I've started waking up from a nightmare with severe brain pain. Fortunately, it only lasts 10 to 15 minutes. Have any of you had this experience?

I have a former co-worker who retired 20 years ago and he still has work related nightmares. I have them but I have only been retired 3 years. But when you do the same job for 42 years it's kind of hard to shake the routine.

I taught for 20 years, and I have been out of teaching for almost 10 years. I still regularly have nightmares about schools. It can be anything from student behavior to record keeping.

Teeth falling out is another regular nightmare for me.

Not a nightmare, but for some reason I regularly have dreams about thrift shops.

I think work nightmares are very common. I still dream I'm behind and have to fake the paperwork for a job I had 30 years ago. FWIW, I never faked paperwork on that job. I think high stress jobs just stick with us.

Well, I had another one, I forgot about the occasional nightmare about being in school (as a student). It is like the end of the year/semester and finals are coming up, and there is a class that I forgot to attend the entire time.

Iā€™m prone to these epic, surreal, and highly unsettling dream/nightmare sequences. I literally had a trio last night and I canā€™t shake it. I know itā€™s all symbolic, including the most heinous stuff that happened, but itā€™s still alarming.

The dream started in my backyard. Weā€™d put in a pool but drained it due to issues. It was nighttime and I went outside because I heard something. It was a rat and I killed itā€¦ like stepped on it and crushed it like a bug. Then a baby showed up in the same drainage tubing as the rat. I didnā€™t trust that it was an actual baby, so I killed it like the ratā€¦although it took more effort. My family was horrified, but I was just focused on disposing of it all. Next thing I know, Iā€™m in an office setting with people I worked with over 20 years ago. I remember thinking that the baby stuff must have worked out, just to be handed a large goat that I was supposed to hold and keep calm at all costs. The goat wound up urinating all over me and nobody seemed to notice i existed when I put it down. When I got up to clean up, the goat split into several smaller goats and were blocking my way. It was especially strange because a girl I disliked but tolerated professionally showed up and loudly announced herself and how sometimes she has to be out for a while if sheā€™s sick ( she was never sick in real life). I tried to climb over the goats to get away from her and clean up just to end up in an old house with mutant dogs roaming around. Some were sweet and some were aggressive. I managed to get downstairs just to find more mutant dogs as well as family and friends. My husband said it was time to go, but when I went outside, a couple of mutant oversized pugs with weird ruffle necks wouldnā€™t leave me alone. DH wanted to know if I was going to get the car, but in a panic, I noticed it was gone. It was supposedly parked inside the living room and a friend offered to pull it out when I freaked out and refused. The mutant dogs kept biting at me as I tried to get in and everyone was standing around us, staring, with this creepy look.

An incoming text woke me up. It was just so bizarre and unsettling. Iā€™ve found a lot of symbolism explanations, including the disturbing baby stuff, but this is one thatā€™s going to stay with me for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter