• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The boating thread. Talking about everything related to boats/fishing/watercraft sports/safety etc.

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
The boating thread. Talking about everything related to boats/fishing/watercraft sports/safety etc. 🚢 🚣‍♂️ 🛥 🛶 ⛵🚣‍♀️

Some states, like NY, now or will in the future require a boating safe course certificate/license. Check with your states boating laws and department of recreation (or similar departments) for details on where to take the safety course nearest you. Some states allow the safety course to be taken online.

Example:
https://www.boat-ed.com/boating_law/

Bennington’s are wonderful. Our neighbor at the lake has one.

In our state, those born after 1982 are required to take a boaters safety course. I think everyone should be.

We just dropped ours in the water last night. Summer here we come!

In our state, those born after 1982 are required to take a boaters safety course. I think everyone should be.

Supposedly only 36 states require it so far. I hope by 2030 all 50 states will require the certificate. I agree that Bennington's is a great brand, they are not cheap though.😃

i once narrowly avoided being hit by a boat-while in my car on the freeway :scared1: the boat was not securely attached to the trailer from which it slid off and bounced across 3 lanes of traffic. thankfully noone collided with it so no injuries-except for the broken hearted boat owner upon viewing all the damage (boats don't bounce well on asphalt).

strap them puppies down, double check-and triple check.

i once narrowly avoided being hit by a boat-while in my car on the freeway :scared1: the boat was not securely attached to the trailer from which it slid off and bounced across 3 lanes of traffic. thankfully noone collided with it so no injuries-except for the broken hearted boat owner upon viewing all the damage (boats don't bounce well on asphalt).

strap them puppies down, double check-and triple check.
This is a very important tip and definitely a safety thing all new boaters should be aware of. Making sure your boat is properly secure is one of the most important things to know how to do.

I owned my first boat- 17' ski boat at 16. Sold my last one-35' cruiser about 18 years ago and said I'd never own another. Never say never. Since I moved to Florida I've been considering an airboat.
The best boat there is is somebody else's!

I think the Coast Guard inspection should become a mandatory thing in the future as well, not just a way to lower insurance rates.

What kind of boat do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Never owned a boat and have ZERO interest. Knew a few people over the years who had a boat they eventually sold. Too much work/$$$ to maintain and not what they expected. Probably also depends on where you live (i.e. length of the boating season) and how often you actually use it.

What kind of boat do you have if you don't mind me asking?
2023 Sun tracker pontoon
Previously had only Sea doos but they no longer make jet boats. We did consider getting their convertible pontoon but it is too spartan. Had a Sea doo Speedster, Sportster and Challenger 1800. Have been on the hunt for a good condition one.

We bought our Bennington pontoon a few years ago and LOVE it! Weather is starting to get nice here in our neck of the woods and we were just talking about our first boat trip this year☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter