Tell me about the Keys, Miami and everything drivable around the region

We loved it! The fragrance in the room was a bit much, we only noticed it was from air fresheners in the vent the last day, probably could have been removed. They have wonderful food too, the fish taco were really delicious but we had a list.

Made our way up to Miami, stayed in Homestead for the night to make a long day more fun. Shivers BBQ was indeed outstanding, the servings were so big we gifted the nice girl at the front desk with leftovers. We checked out the mini zoo roadside stop Robert is here.

The Miami Zoo was just gorgeous, there were bicycles for 2 or a family that we really should have gotten because there is a lot of ground to cover. The place was spotless with water fill up stations all over the place and spots to sit and rest but still, we should have gotten the bikes they offered shade to riders too and everyone with them seemed very plesaed.

Haven’t been in ages, but the Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada was one of our favorite places to stay. You should still be able to see The African Queen in Key Largo. There’s a place we used to like in Key West that was situated on the water with lots of turtles, fish and young sharks around the walkways. I cannot remember the name of it and my google searches are failing me, but keep an eye/ear out. Mallory Square Sunset celebration in Key West can also be fun. I also recall dining at Key West’s Pier House which was nice. While north of Miami, in Dania Beach, Jaxson’s Ice Cream is always a hit. Lester’s Diner is also good…although we usually hit the Fort Lauderdale location.

If you go over to the Everglades, there are lots of airboat options. The actual national park also offers a slow moving “train” sort of experience. Snorkeling/scuba, sailing, and fishing are also really good activities with plentiful options if they interest you. I’m not a huge glass bottom boat fan, but it’s also worth it if you don’t want to be in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter