Sunday check in at Vistana Resort Villas?

My2CrazyGirls

DIS Veteran
I meant to post in the dedicated thread but it won't let me delete this now. But here is the question anyway :)

Hi! I read that certain phases check in on certain days. Are there any that do not do Sunday check-ins? We are trying to figure out which phase to request. Also, how late can you check in?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Provided nothing has changed recently, I'm looking at a Sheraton map right now and the two sections that don't have Sunday check ins are Spa and Courts. All the rest have green buildings (Sunday check in) Falls looks to be all Sunday check in.

If there's a specific section you're looking for, the staff have been really helpful in trying to accommodate your request. You DON'T have to get in touch with a pre arrival coordinator, which is highly promoted by a few ppl on the SVR thread. I've been told numerous times by numerous staff at SVR that the front desk people can (and have) taken requests and helped with other questions or concerns. You can typically call the resort directly within two weeks of check in to make any requests.

Awesome, thank you! Just found the map you are talking about. I have been googling and watching videos about the pools. I cannot find how deep they are, but the famous "Gina" did write that Fountains has a deeper section. Does anyone know how deep? We have 2 teens so would be more into a deeper pool. I am sure we will try them all out but would like to see if we can be close to one of them. With Sunday check in we won't be close to the Super Pool. So I am thinking requesting near Fountains pool.

We stayed here in 2015. I remember we liked it a lot but can't remember the details so much!

Here is a follow-up question to the Sunday check-in. We booked 8 nights so we check-out on Monday. Will that impact where they will place us?

Thanks so much for the information! I reserved directly through Marriott Bonvoy, 2 bedroom, max occupancy 8. So we should be OK.

Yikes, I didn't realize there was a rivalry going on. I always enjoy posts and pictures and appreciate info from all :)

Awesome, thank you! Just found the map you are talking about. I have been googling and watching videos about the pools. I cannot find how deep they are, but the famous "Gina" did write that Fountains has a deeper section. Does anyone know how deep? We have 2 teens so would be more into a deeper pool. I am sure we will try them all out but would like to see if we can be close to one of them. With Sunday check in we won't be close to the Super Pool. So I am thinking requesting near Fountains pool.

We stayed here in 2015. I remember we liked it a lot but can't remember the details so much!

Hey there!

If you are looking for a deeper pool for your teens, then the Fountains pool is (in my opinion) the best fit for your family. It is the deepest pool on property, with at least a six-foot section in the center. It also has a waterfall and in-water volleyball nets, with basketball courts and shuffleboard adjacent to the pool area. The Tiki Bar & Grill is right there, as well as the recreation center if they enjoy fitness equipment. It also tends to be a little less crowded than the two other main pools (the Super Pool and the Cascades Pool), just by nature of there being less people willing to travel over to the north side to use those facilities.

The Super Pool is probably your next best choice after Fountains. The Cascades Pool draws many young families, as the splash fountains are a ton of fun for the littlest SVR guests. When our son was a teen, the Cascades Pool was the one he enjoyed the least ... it's lacks any areas of real depth.

As far as pre-arrival requests go, I would strongly recommend that if you have a specific section you were hoping to be assigned to, then you reach out to the pre-arrival coordinator approximately 3 weeks ahead of your check-in day to give them your preferences .... especially if you are anticipating a later check-in, when villa inventory has a better chance of being much lower than earlier in the day. Obviously, requests can't be guaranteed, for a variety of reasons (resort occupancy, building maintenance issues, etc.) but it will give you the best possible chance of having at least some of your preferences be met. If you don't like your room assignment at check in, you can always speak nicely to the front desk and see if there is something else they can offer you. A little kindness goes a long way, and the resort really does work hard to make sure you are satisfied.

The pre-arrival coordinator is a super nice fellow, and we have found him to be very responsive. If you would like his contact information, feel free to pm me and I'll send you his email address. Our next stay is in mid-March and I will be emailing him soon myself :-) .

<<Deleted>>

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter