Stalking bests waitlist

Just would like to give my experience. I needed one day to complete my Poly reservation in July. I had two days in the front and two days at the end, I needed the middle day. I waitlisted that one day and was able to get it by stalking over the waitlist.

There seems to have been a whole week that was dropped which I’m guessing takes more processing time to determine what waitlists would get filled in what order. I just know I was able to secure my one day before the waitlist was processed.

I needed to book HHI @ 7 months and when I went to do so the room was not available (owners had already booked it). Thinking that some owners may be walking rooms to Thanksgiving or Christmas, I waited until the next day to see if the room became available. And it did! I continued this daily for the days I wanted and will do so again tomorrow.

My understanding is that this works best one day at a time. I agree, BCV during F&W is probably a long shot.
A similar strategy worked for us with Grand Californian! Husband pieced together 5 nights in August for our first trip to DL. I honestly didn’t think it would happen but it was a welcome surprise. Glad you had success!

Correct - fewer days have a better chance of being filled. I would add a second WaitList for fewer days perhaps. Keeping in mind, when they fill any WaitList they will automatically cancel your second WaitList (in the same Use Year), so you need to go back in right away and re-add what you still need. Then have them link your reservations when you're done so you are not room hopping. They warn they may not be able to link them all - but I've found they usually even do it automatically if you're far enough out.
Oh no this has me nervous...am I understanding this correctly? I have two separate nights waitlisted in November- if one gets filled, they'll cancel my waitlist for the other night because they're in the same UY?

I think this was in reference to two waitlists for the same dates ...in that scenario, if one of the waitlists fulfills the other (for the same dates) will be cancelled. since your waitlists are for two separate nights you should be fine!
Oh no this has me nervous...am I understanding this correctly? I have two separate nights waitlisted in November- if one gets filled, they'll cancel my waitlist for the other night because they're in the same UY?

I think this was in reference to two waitlists for the same dates ...in that scenario, if one of the waitlists fulfills the other (for the same dates) will be cancelled. since your waitlists are for two separate nights you should be fine!
Okay this makes much more sense!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter