Speed bullet vs Monorail train from Vegas to Disneyland

old lady

DIS Veteran
I heard there were going to build a speed bullet train from Las Vegas to Disneyland or at least to LA. I also heard it might be a monorail train instead. Is there proof of that?

I have lived in Las Vegas my entire life, and the only thing that has ever been seriously discussed was a train from Vegas to Victorville, and even that seems unlikely at this point. I'm sure people have proposed the LV to Anaheim or LA train, but nothing has ever taken off in any serious way. (I'd much prefer that. Like, what the heck I am going to do in Victorville!?)

The monorail they’ve discussed is actually a maglev, which IMHO makes no sense given the obscene cost. Personally I think high speed rail makes a ton of sense and would love that option to/from SoCal but it’s taking forever, a third lane on I15 would have saved millions of gallons of gas and prevented tons of pollution over the last 20 years of train debates. Holding I15 expansion hostage in the name of clean transportation has been disastrous to the environment.

Brightline, the same private train company as Florida, is currently in the design process for a high speed train between Vegas and Victorville, with a future expansion to Anaheim… I think that’s the best bet at this point,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter