Southern California (& Disneyland): Backstage Magic Meets Thread

Just booked this tour. It will just be me travelling so be kind LOL. I like to think kids love me so hopefully none of the kids on tour will prove me wrong ;) I will be celebrating my 32nd birthday on last day of tour. I did this tour back in 2009 but it has changed a little :)

Just booked this tour. It will just be me travelling so be kind LOL. I like to think kids love me so hopefully none of the kids on tour will prove me wrong ;) I will be celebrating my 32nd birthday on last day of tour. I did this tour back in 2009 but it has changed a little :)
Congrats! Sounds like a great way to celebrate your birthday! I think ABDs are fabulous for traveling solo!

I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this Thread. You're traveling on the same departure as DISers rebeccam31 & gmc824!

Sayhello

I can't think of the name of the restaurant that you can see the pirates of the carribean boats...But I want to dine there! I ASSUME we don't eat there on the tour? I didn't read the itinerary b/c I want to be surprised on stuff but if we don't eat here, I want to make a reservation for our last day (we are staying an extra night). Should I do make this reservation or can the guide get a table on short notice> thanks!

I can't think of the name of the restaurant that you can see the pirates of the carribean boats...But I want to dine there! I ASSUME we don't eat there on the tour? I didn't read the itinerary b/c I want to be surprised on stuff but if we don't eat here, I want to make a reservation for our last day (we are staying an extra night). Should I do make this reservation or can the guide get a table on short notice> thanks!

You're thinking of the Blue Bayou Restaurant. It's a great place to eat, and the food was better when I went in December than it has been in a while. It's a great experience. I can't answer your other questions, as I've not done the Backstage Magic tour.

We did do the Blue Bayou the first night of Disneyland this last Dec, but no Club 33. It sounds like that will not be possible in the future due to the changes at the Club, but who knows? Dinner was ok. The atmosphere was nice. The food was given mixed reviews by everyone.

We did do the Blue Bayou the first night of Disneyland this last Dec, but no Club 33. It sounds like that will not be possible in the future due to the changes at the Club, but who knows? Dinner was ok. The atmosphere was nice. The food was given mixed reviews by everyone.

I agree. I mainly go for the atmosphere. The food was improved this time over previous visits, but doesn't necessarily compare with some of the best offerings at the Resort.

THanks for the heads up so maybe that is a new stop on the tour then?

Didn't you do the DIS Exclusive ABD, Kevin? Dreams Unlimited may have tweaked the itinerary somewhat, so it's hard to know if that's a permanent change or not. They rarely follow the itinerary exactly. :)

THanks for the heads up so maybe that is a new stop on the tour then?
scottmel,

If I were you, I'd check with ABD or your Travel Agent, and see what the final change is to the itinerary, since not a lot of folks have gone on the tour since Club 33 was taken off the itinerary (although, technically, it was never *on* the itinerary, since they couldn't guarantee it. It was a "happy surprise" if you got to go there). Hopefully they can tell you exactly where you'll eat without giving away any other details. :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Didn't you do the DIS Exclusive ABD, Kevin? Dreams Unlimited may have tweaked the itinerary somewhat, so it's hard to know if that's a permanent change or not. They rarely follow the itinerary exactly. :)

scottmel,

If I were you, I'd check with ABD or your Travel Agent, and see what the final change is to the itinerary, since not a lot of folks have gone on the tour since Club 33 was taken off the itinerary (although, technically, it was never *on* the itinerary, since they couldn't guarantee it. It was a "happy surprise" if you got to go there). Hopefully they can tell you exactly where you'll eat without giving away any other details. :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Thanks will do!

Love this thread! we are a family of 3 with a DD15 but will be 16 in 2015. Looking into a July 5 2015 trip!
Did you sign up for the July 5th trip? I can add you to the Roll Call if you did! Or, well, actually I can add you for whatever date you signed up for!

Sayhello

Did you sign up for the July 5th trip? I can add you to the Roll Call if you did! Or, well, actually I can add you for whatever date you signed up for!

Sayhello

Yep we r signed up dh me and dd16 thanks

Sayhello

Yes, I was on the DIS Exclusive. So, I'm not sure if the Blue Bayou was something specific to their itinerary, if it's something new ABD is trying, or if it was completely random. However, I did get a chance to eat there with one of our DIS "hosts" (let's just call him "Neat" for anonymity's sake) and I'll take a wild guess and say it wasn't something he specifically requested.

FWIW, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. If you want to try a place to knock your socks off, go to Napa Rose - one of the best Disney restaurants anywhere.

Yes, I was on the DIS Exclusive. So, I'm not sure if the Blue Bayou was something specific to their itinerary, if it's something new ABD is trying, or if it was completely random. However, I did get a chance to eat there with one of our DIS "hosts" (let's just call him "Neat" for anonymity's sake) and I'll take a wild guess and say it wasn't something he specifically requested.
:rotfl:

Sayhello

I called to ask if there were any plans to do anything extra because of the 60th anniversary, and the cm said not as far as she knows, but the guides do have flexibility if something new is available...

My Family is booked for the March 22nd 2015 tour! Cant wait! First ABD trip, don't think it will be the last! It will be myself (26), my parents (50s), and my brother (23) who is in collage right now to become an animator, so he is really excited for the studio tours.

My Family is booked for the March 22nd 2015 tour! Cant wait! First ABD trip, don't think it will be the last! It will be myself (26), my parents (50s), and my brother (23) who is in collage right now to become an animator, so he is really excited for the studio tours.
I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. It seems like you're aware - ABDs are *highly* addictive! :thumbsup2 Congrats!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter