So much Disney food is terrible

Not to mention, that California fruit is SO much better. When I was there in October, my friend's mother-in-law stopped by a farm stand on her way in (drove from Arizona). The fruit was out of this world. Good snacks are DL can be the pineapple spears or fruit cups.

Florida has oranges, but, you know, they make a better Citrus Swirl than they do a hand fruit. 🤣
A lot of the snacks in the FL parks are stale and flavorless so sometimes I wish I could get some Disneyland fruit while walking around.

The Tropical Serenade float at Aloha Isle is the only snack I buy at WDW. Everything else is a skip.

That’s one of the weirdest comments I’ve ever seen in response to someone criticizing food.
Let's be real for a second. We all know people that are never satisfied......doesn't matter if it's food, their resort room, check in process, the flight, the drive, the crowds, or whatever else. That is how the OP comes off to me. We can all name someone like that.

My last trip to DL was before Covid so maybe it's different now but I feel like while DL has WAY better quick service options, the table service is better at WDW. I thought Blue Bayou was shockingly bad. The ambiance cannot be beat but the food was horrible.

This is the boat I was in during our first visit to DL in 2022 -- food quality was overall better at DLR and there were some amazing quick service and snack type options that we couldn't dream of over here on the east coast, but TS restaurants were lacking. We went to 4 TS restaraunts, 1 was great (dinner at Cafe Orleans), 1 was decent (breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen), 2 were bad (Lamplight Lounge and Trader Sam's).

Just not a lot of TS restaurants to begin with, and definitely felt like the menus were just small and options uninspired.

Disney has to get you out the door quick, its an assembly line. Some sit down places are really outstanding some are just ok. It varies.
This is exactly what makes some CS better than others. If you order a burger at most of the Deluxe resorts you will wait 10 minutes or longer, It tastes like a different burger then one you get at the theme parks. Worse are the mickey waffles fresh they are good the ones sitting... the napkin tastes better. Places like flame tree smoked so the food tastes fresh as it is slow cooked and still when ordered. Sauti it is food that can sit and taste good..... One has to pick and choose Burgers and like are just not something that is just not good under heat lamps. Sunshine seasons (many) years ago was great a lot of the food was made with what was grown there. They changed a long time ago.. ate there some where around 10 years ago I was done. We went 2 years ago somehow everything we had was worse. I ordered some type of sandwich the person took at 2 slices of bread opened a draw took out the premade and measured.... pointed to the chip bags said one was included.... Yes I felt robbed and it tasted similar.

My biggest complaint is that they dumb down the spice
Absolutely 100%. And it's not just the spice. Via Napoli pies often come out undercooked, I suspect because too many people complained about "burned crust." My Brother in Christ, that's the point of a coal-fired pizza oven.

That said, I had a flavorful chicken bowl at Jambo this past spring, so all hope is not lost.

California fruit
Not only is the fruit great, but they serve taijin with some of it.

Here now. My biggest complaint is that they dumb down the spice so it all tastes bland. Blame it on the masses
Agreed, it's all "Disney level" spicy now.

I remember a few months ago, I went to City Works and ordered the shrimp tacos. My server told me that SO many people complained that they were way too spicy and I love spicy food so I was like I'll try it. So when I try it, I realize........the spice is just sriracha. The spice was like a 3/10 and that's pushing it.

I have said throughout this thread that I have been pleased with some of the food, and I specifically said “so much” of the food is terrible not “all of the food is terrible”.
Ok, not to call you out but "so much of the food is terrible" and "McDonalds has better breakast" is calling out the food in a way you were going to get some grief over it.

You went as far as to exclude Disney Springs and say it was because Disney didn't own those restaurants.

I would definitely agree that the resorts options in quick service are not very inconsistent experiences dining wise. Some of the sitdown spots only make sense as character dining, and its hard to find consistency in experience from trip to trip. I do think that is everywhere. Peter Lugers lost their Michelin Star recently as an example.

Let's be real for a second. We all know people that are never satisfied......doesn't matter if it's food, their resort room, check in process, the flight, the drive, the crowds, or whatever else. That is how the OP comes off to me. We can all name someone like that.

I just took it as them venting that most of the food they ate was expensive and not very good. Some people love the food at Disney, some hate it, some are indifferent. Life is likely more pleasant for those who never feel the need to complain, but I do believe that complainers are drivers of change, to a degree. Disney can do better was the point I was making, at least.

This is one thing Disneyland does significantly better than WDW. Availability of fruits and veggies for sale IN the parks. That was something I noticed during my visit and what I miss when I'm in the Florida parks.
Every park at WDW sells fresh fruit although I could well imagine a greater and better quality inventory in California. We rarely eat breakfast at WDW but do eat the bananas and clementines at the produce stands. I never eat apples out of season so they are there but I choose not to buy em.Wish there were more fresh options too.

Every park at WDW sells fresh fruit although I could well imagine a greater and better quality inventory in California. We rarely eat breakfast at WDW but do eat the bananas and clementines at the produce stands. I never eat apples out of season so they are there but I choose not to buy em.Wish there were more fresh options too.
The issue for me is that the fruit quality sucks compared to DL and also DL has a wider variety of fruit available for purchase (at least back in 2019. Can't speak for 2024).

Absolutely 100%. And it's not just the spice. Via Napoli pies often come out undercooked, I suspect because too many people complained about "burned crust." My Brother in Christ, that's the point of a coal-fired pizza oven.

That said, I had a flavorful chicken bowl at Jambo this past spring, so all hope is not lost.

Not only is the fruit great, but they serve taijin with some of it.

Man, I love Tajin. We are finally finding it here. When I was in LA I got these littel gummy candy's with Tajin on them - they were so good. Local Targets are carrying them now. 😋

Man, I love Tajin. We are finally finding it here. When I was in LA I got these littel gummy candy's with Tajin on them - they were so good. Local Targets are carrying them now. 😋

Tajin is excellent on just about everything, but damned if it doesn’t give me heartburn.

Ok, not to call you out but "so much of the food is terrible" and "McDonalds has better breakast" is calling out the food in a way you were going to get some grief over it.

You went as far as to exclude Disney Springs and say it was because Disney didn't own those restaurants.

I would definitely agree that the resorts options in quick service are not very inconsistent experiences dining wise. Some of the sitdown spots only make sense as character dining, and its hard to find consistency in experience from trip to trip. I do think that is everywhere. Peter Lugers lost their Michelin Star recently as an example.
The pancakes from McDonalds are better than Mickey waffles. I stand by it. There might be better options on property if you’re willing to sit down and have a leisurely breakfast and possibly commute 20-30 minutes to get there, but for a quick option McDonalds pancakes are better quality.

The best meals I have had while on this vacation have been at Dis Springs at the Boathouse and Polite Pig. So yes, I wonder if it’s that they’re not owned by Disney that makes them stand out.

I think a lot of the food sucks - if y’all love it, that’s fine with me! Didn’t think this was going to blow up.

Some people you can never please, it's better to just smile and walk on by and hope they do the same.
I would guess the bad food must be outweighed by the other stuff available at Disney. It is an expensive vacation especially if there isn't something that you really like.

We went to MK, EPCOT and Hollywood Studios for the first time two weeks ago. Across the board I was kind of blown away at how bad I found the food. Pretty much everywhere we ate was mediocre at best. Gasparilla Grill was absolutely terrible. Chicken sandwich, fries, pizza, all so bad we didn’t eat it. Be Our Guest was definitely the best restaurant for food. While it wasn’t great given the cost it was still the tastiest and highest quality meal we had during the week. I definitely think that Disneyland has better food.

Its funny you name a place I have never had interest in going. You likely visited like 5% of all the places on WDW property.

Also you name something chicken and fries so did you go to Guy's or D-lux? Did you hit up Primo for their Parm Fries? Did you hit up Via Napoli for Pizza?

If you are finding those poor options I would question your judgement unless you just got unlucky. Those are very safe options.

I wish I could get some Disneyland fruit while walking around.

Do they not have fruit places? I feel like they do? I am not sure because its something I pick up at the grocery store the day we arrive.

Same with the OPs breakfast comment. If you are worried about "value" for breakfast then you buy something from the grocery store and make it before you go to the park. The exception would be something from the bakeries possibly.

It sounds like you're looking for a real value proposition in your dining experiences. You'd be hard-pressed to do this almost anywhere in the country right now considering inflation. Less so at any resort. Even less so a theme park resort like Disney.

I'd consider a lot of the food at Disney to be damn near great considering how much prices have gone up and quality have gone down everywhere.

The pancakes from McDonalds are better than Mickey waffles. I stand by it
Agreed.
The QS version of Mickey waffles are no longer crispy by the time they are purchased since they are made in advance.

Get them from CL or table service like Kona Cafe and they are made to order thus taste completely different. Plus you can get actual maple syrup as opposed to pancake syrup.

I’ve learned that at WDW you get what you pay for when it comes to food ☹️.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter