slo’s MONDAY 4/29 poll - Buying Clothes On Amazon 👚👖

Buying clothes on Amazon - Do you buy them & Who are they for? (m.c.)

• I buy clothes on Amazon often

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • I buy clothes on Amazon once in awhile

Votes: 38 33.6%
  • I buy clothes on Amazon rarely

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • I never buy clothes on Amazon

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • I buy women’s clothes

Votes: 52 46.0%
  • I buy men’s clothes

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • I buy children’s clothes

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • I buy for me

Votes: 56 49.6%
  • I buy for someone else

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
It amazes me the amount of places we can go for clothes today. Back in my childhood, it was an all night or all afternoon project to go clothes shopping, and I hated it. There was no shopping online or getting ideas for outfits online - it was like a hunting expedition to try and find clothes to buy. I will say that I loved the Sears Catalog and JC Penney catalog - I miss those. Today, in 2024, I would still prefer shopping from those then online. Those catalogs were great with finding outfits - the top, bottom and shoes - the models wore it all. At Christmas I would tell family that I’d like a certain item, on a certain page in a certain size - you can’t do that with online shopping (at least not as easy). Today we have Amazon, which of course has EVERYTHING, but we’re talking about clothes today. So tell us…….

Do you buy clothes on Amazon?
Are they for you or someone else?
(multiple choice)

For Me……..I have bought clothes on Amazon, but not many - under 10 items. I have loads of clothes saved on my Amazon lists, but only buy them if the price is really reduced. I’m a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to clothes, so I buy most of my clothes from Kohls, with a coupon, or at a thrift shop - some of my favorite items have come from thrift shops.

Picture ⬇️ came from my Amazon home page, so there’s no guy clothes shown - sorry.

IMG_1669.jpeg

I hate to shop and where I live, retailers are limited, so buying clothes online is a great option. I don't usually buy clothes on Amazon, though- although I will get some things there (just bought 3 bras- nobody else seems to be carrying anything similar to the brand/style I prefer anymore). I can't tell what is decent and what is cheap chinese sweat shop stuff. I prefer to order from Walmart or Kohl's. It might still be cheap crap, but it's easier to make returns and exchanges (although I have a love/hate relationship with Kohl's so don't order/shop there very frequently).

I never buy clothes on Amazon. I like to be able to try things on. There are a few exceptions, like socks and disposable rain ponchos for trips to WDW. ;)

I have bought sweaters but it’s a hit and miss for me because of size you never know what you’re gonna get and you can’t always trust sizes
I prefer to go and try things in / im short things don’t fit me because they’re not made for someone my size and clothes are made they’re not true to size I won’t get into that so I don’t buy a lot of stuff online
I stick to certain stores Kohl’s is a good one. - when I find something I like that actually fits I will buy several at least one every color I like sometimes several in one color because it may be a couple years before I find something else that fits me correctly - I don’t buy clothes often but when I do I usually get a bunch but that will last me for years
Kind of funny you asked this as I have lost weight and need new Summer clothes and have been hunting for them for some time now it’s like a full time job I agree I miss the catalogs !!!

I have bought clothes for me and DH from Amazon. Not often, but when holidays are coming I look. Recently started buying DH some extra long tee shirts, his others just don't stay tucked in,
Returns are easy.

More recently I have started buying clothes from Temu. Size is always a worry there. But the two things that didn't fit, they refunded and I didn't have to send them back.

Nope. It seems to me a risk of size/comfort and I don't want to deal with a return.
Same here. My daughter however, is willing to put up that risk and hassle and I think she has had to return some items 3 times until she got the right size.

I love shopping for clothes online. My day to day favorite is old navy (we have a store 5 minutes away but I still shop online and return through the mail). Went to a wedding this weekend, ordered a few dresses from Nordstrom (free shipping both ways) but ended up keeping a dress from Amazon. Returns are so easy at ups drop box, post office, ups location (staples and ups stores are 5 minutes away, as is kohls and a little shop that accepts ups packages).

Dad and I have bought clothes on Amazon. I am pleased with some pajama pants and a zip up robe. We have had returns, too. God willing this Summer what an extra blessing it will be to get some needed clothes in person.

We've bought various clothing items through Amazon. We're probably 50-50 on returns - I spend a fair amount of time at my local UPS store. ;)

I do, sometimes. With the demise of Zellers, Sears and Target in Canada and my utter loathing of going to malls, I’m not left with a lot of bricks-and-mortar choices here locally. I’m reasonably easy to fit so I don’t have that issue, and I just expect the pieces to be flimsier than they look, which is almost always true. I make out OK with it.

I buy clothes all the time on Amazon. There are a couple of brands of yoga pants, shorts, and tanks that I really like. We'll have to see if it fits, but I just bought DD17 a white dress for graduation on there last night. About 2 weeks ago, I bought a dress for me for a choir performance.

I don't buy anything on Amazon these days and I've never bought clothes on there. I prefer to try things on before buying or I stick to brands where I already know my size. Also don't want to deal with doing a return if something doesn't fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter