slo’s FRIDAY 5/10 poll - Graduation 2024 🎓

Graduation 2024 - Who are the graduates in your life? (m.c.)

• Son

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Daughter

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Grandchild

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Niece or Nephew

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Extended Family Member

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Friend

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Friend’s Child

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • An adult who went back to school

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • No graduates for me this year

Votes: 52 53.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
It’s graduation time for many families 🧑🏾‍🎓👩🏻‍🎓🎓
It’s a little early for high school graduations, but college graduations are normally the beginning of May.
So tell us…….

Who in your life is a 2024 graduate?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I have several kids I know graduating this year (it’s going to be an expensive few months - LOL!)
We have my….
My DD20’s BF graduates from college tomorrow (I voted for him as a friend)
My neighbor’s DD (I’ve known her her entire life) graduates from HS
Several friends have DDs graduating from HS

IMG_1691.png

No high school or college graduates this year. But next year, we'll have a nephew and a family friend graduating from high school.

There will be a small graduation ceremony for our son, who is "graduating" from kindergarten to first grade. He has a little cap and gown and everything.

No super-close graduates this year. The family is kind of stair-stepped and the youngest of the school-age generation graduated from high school last year and the oldest graduated from college. We "should have" had a nephew graduating this year, but he's not going full-time, so his graduation is delayed (I'm not sure when he expects to graduate now). Next year, though, we'll be back on track to have college graduations every year for several years in a row.

The graduates I know this year include my niece's boyfriend (undergrad -- I know him, but not closely enough to be invited to the ceremony or any festivities), and my closest co-worker's son (graduating with his masters, but I've never actually met him.)

None for me this year. Actually, I usually know several graduates as I teach at the college level, so there is always someone I know who is graduating! However, this year there are no relatives, family friends, etc. graduating. [UMaine graduated last weekend, so May 3rd for the grad school and May 4th for the undergrads.]

We have three graduates this year -- daughter earning a Master's degree in World War II history, granddaughter graduating high school, and granddaughter graduating middle school.

High school graduation for DD17 is 2 weeks from tomorrow!!! 🎓♥️🎓

As expected, through both of our girls, we know a number of girls graduating in a couple of weeks. I also have a number of work friends in the mix with seven upcoming high school grads off the top of my head, about three college friends with high school grads in the mix, and at least one friend with a college grad that's happening today.

My older step daughter is graduating from Villanova with her degree in mechanical engineering (so proud of all her hard work) and my younger stepdaughter is graduating from high school and going to UConn. (We are so excited she will be in CT near us!)

Our older son graduates college tomorrow afternoon. :)

Our niece graduates high school in a couple weeks. We're in a stretch of something like 7 or 8 straight years where one of my siblings are graduating (or our own kids), starting last year with my younger son and oldest nephew graduating high school.

My DS and DD graduate in two weeks.
Two nephews, one niece and my cousin’s son.
Another niece just graduated college but she didn’t walk.
A whole gaggle of kids from my online pregnancy group. I can’t believe we’ve been friends for this long and all our kids are grown up!

My daughter graduates high school next month. She's my only child and I swear it feels like it was just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital.
Just wait - college goes even faster. Our only child (daughter) is graduating from the honors college at her university this weekend, and I can't believe how fast it went. We get to wait a little longer for her to enter the workforce as she is moving on to a master's program. But it's so fun to watch them mature and made decisions about their futures.

Grandson Christopher is graduating 8th grade. Our very best of friends have twin daughters graduating high school.

Congratulations to the many graduates, and their families, here, good job!

1715356868624.png

And thank you, Sandy, for another great week of @slo polls.

1715356780953.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter