• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s FRIDAY 4/26 poll - Weekend Movie 🎥 🍿

Weekend Movie - Do you watch one, where do you watch it and is it a new one or older one? (m.c.)

• I do normally watch a weekend movie

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • I do sometimes watch a weekend movie

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I rarely watch a weekend movie

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • I normally do not watch a weekend movie

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I normally watch at home

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • I normally watch at a movie theater

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I normally watch equally at both home and the movie theater

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I normally watch new movies (these are new to you - it doesn’t matter when it was made)

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I normally watch older movies I’ve already seen

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
As we approach the weekend, many of enjoy chilling out and watching a movie either at home or at the movie theater. Tell us what you like to do……

Do you normally watch a weekend movie?
If yes….do you watch at home or the movie theater?
Do you like watching a new movie or one that you’ve seen before?
(multiple choice)

*New movie means new to you.
So it could be a movie made in the 1970s, and if you haven’t seen it, then it’s a new movie.

For Me……My DH and I do try and watch a new movie every weekend, if time permits. We do go to bed at 10:00pm, so we won’t start any movies past 8:00pm. If there’s nothing new that seems intriguing, then we will watch something we’ve seen before. Sometimes we may watch one movie on Saturday and one on Sunday. Normally we watch our movies at home, but there is that once in awhile we go to the theater. We just went to the theater a few weeks ago to watch the newest Ghostbusters movie.

IMG_1666.png

I like to watch a movie Sunday afternoon (late to early evening ) - could be new to me or something I’ve seen before - last Sunday it was something I’ve seen a couple times but really enjoyed - Hidden Figures - good movie ymmv
I’ve got Gone With The Wind in DVR but need more time for that one !!! Calling for rain this Sunday so maybe I’ll watch it this weekend !!

I watch movies several times a week, it's not a special event or anything. I watch both new and old movies, Disney movies get multiple plays. All of my movie consumption is at home, there's a home theater setup in the basement:)

We watch a lot of movies, but not on the weekends. Thursday is movie day here.
We watch at home (used to go to the theater once a week before Covid....but have found so many movies to watch, we stay home now).
We watch new-to-us movies.

I love watching movies that I've recorded on DVR or one on Netflix. I only watch one before bedtime. If the weather is nasty I will read in the afternoon.

I'm a creature of habit. Older movies, at home and infrequently. I mostly watch YT vids on the television of the latest news tidbits, etc.

I really don't care for the theaters much any more. Too loud, too many kids, too expensive. I have been to a few of the dinner theater type places where you sit in front of a table with like an office chair and can order food and drinks. That is better, but still really pricy when you consider you just wait a few months and you can stream the movie.

Not a big movie person. I rarely go to a theater—maybe once or twice a year. Almost never watch at home either. I get either restless and antsy or fall asleep. I do like going to the drive in occasionally. Less restless there.

Haven’t been to a first run movie theatre since “Julia and Me” came out. Too much money to see cinema at its nadir.

We don't go to the movie theater. Haven't for years, even at our old home and now in our new home we have a movie theater. We wait until the movies that were in the theaters come out on DVD. Lately there has been less and less and not interested in as many.

We try and make it a point to watch a movie as a family to decompress between all the weekend activities/errands. My husband and I try to find one for just us to watch as well

While we do sit down around the TV for some home viewing on weekends when we're home, in this day and age, we are usually binging shows.

Not as often as I'd like!

I probably watch more than two hours of screen time on any a given weekend day...but it's rarely all in one chunk, so I tend to choose shorter shows over movies. Sometimes I will watch a Hallmark movie, and just keep pausing and going back to it later, especially around the holidays.

DH and I have a "movie date" at home once in a while, too - with snacks and a "new to us" movie on streaming. And we occasionally go see a brand new one in the theater.

Much more of a news junkie along with documentary type TV and some sports. Rarely sitting still to watch a whole movie on TV. I'll go to maybe one movie a year. Last one, solo, Marie was not interested to go, Oppenheimer (see, that historical, docu them again)..

1714146410739.png

We rarely watch movies and never go to the theater. We don't watch movies because:
1) They are terrible these days
2) The hubs and I like different genres and can never agree on a movie
3) The hubs is a sport fanatic and would kill me if I turn off whatever dumb sport for a movie, especially the kind I like (fantasy or drama)

Before the pandemic, we might watch one movie a year in a theater, and none at home. Absolutely nothing out there we are interested in being released now, which, judging from how hare the movie industry is being impacted, is a common view.
We did watch Mary Poppins and Saving Mr. Banks when we got Disney Plus/Hulu last year to kind of justifying the subscription, but only thing we watch now regularly is "Only Murders In the Building". We had access to Netflix for a couple years, for our daughter, but she told us to drop it because nothing there either she, or my wife and I wanted to watch.
We might watch PART of a movie on cable/satellite channels, seems like the Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean movies are on every weekend, and who can't watch a little of Animal House, Caddyshack, Blues Brothers, and Airplane when they are on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter