Simply having a wonderful Christmas Time -12/24-12/31/12 UPDATED 3/4

So, we left Animal Kingdom for our resort, to get some rest. We had the Wishes Dessert Party, and we planned to stay late at MK tonight :cool1:

When we got back to the room, hubby laid down to take a nap, the kids rested watching Disney Channel, and I took two loads of dirty laundry to the laundry room. We had hoped we would need so many jeans, but it wasnt warm enough for shorts and our jeans were getting funky.

While the jeans were washing, momma enjoyed this at the pool bar. :goodvibes

valsphone391_zps4207f68d.jpg

After the laundry was finished, I rested in our room too.

Then about 6 we decided we better get a little bit of food, since our party wasnt until 9. So we went to the food court at POFQ. Hubby and DD11 got the ribs and chicken plate, DD7 got pizza, and I got a burger. It was "ok". Remember this chicken here in a little while.... *cue scary music duh duh duuuuuhhhhhh*

About 730 we got to the bus stop, and went to MK. It was a quick trip, and we were inside in no time. We knew the line usually started about 30 mins before for the party, so we had time to do the Laugh Floor. My kids LOVE it. DD7 was picked to do knock knock jokes. She thought it was hilarious.

About 830 we got in line for the party. DD11 told me her stomach hurt, so I took her to the bathroom. She said she felt better, and we settled in to wait for them to open it. About 10 mins to 9 they opened up the gates, and we were seated front row with a GREAT view in no time.

Here is my first plate

valsphone400_zps7c7d38ee.jpg

It was VERY cold

Hannahscamerapictures434_zps56a7086e.jpg

Hannahscamerapictures433_zps5981c9b5.jpg

Photopass!

Photo0234FourBySix_zps164dd32a.jpg

Photo0228FourBySix_zps40b53f3c.jpg

It was so pretty! DD11 didnt want anything to eat - not anything. She said her stomach hurt too bad. I was worried, and she needed to go to the restroom again. I took her and bought her a sprite, which she sipped on but she felt miserable. We missed the show before the fireworks because she said she need to go back to the bathroom. We got back to the rail just as holiday wishes started. I was worried about her because she started crying, her stomach hurt so bad. DD7 was over the MOON b/c Tink fly RIGHT over us. The fireworks were great!

I would pay for the dessert party again. The desserts were great, and I loved not having to be in the "masses". I might not do it on a low crowd trip, but it was awesome during lvl 10 crowds.

After the fireworks were over, we sat back at the tables and waited a few minutes, the decided to leave the park and get DD11 back to the room.

After a short ride, we were back to our resort. Got the kids dressed for bed, and gave DD11 some tummy meds. Turned out the lights, and drifted off to sleep....

and about 130 am our 'fun' started. DD11 was SO sick. I've never seen her that sick. She was sick off and on until about 5 am and she finally was able to sleep. Fortunately, this was Friday, our day to sleep in, and sleep in we did!!! We finally got up and got moving about 9 am, but DD11 was still feeling kinda of icky.

We have BBB appointments at noon, how would that work out?

Oh no bless her!!!! Poor girl....who wants to be sick at Disney :-(

Can't wait to hear how things worked out.....I do hope DD11 gets better.

I was afraid our planned "down" day was about to turn into a "down and out" day. When we woke up about 930-10am, DD11 was still feeling icky, and Dh said, you know, I dont feel so great either (uh-oh).

We decided to leave DH and DD11 in the room, and DD7 and I would take the boat to DTD early, and hopefully reschedule DD11s appointment for Sat or Sun, and hope that she felt better by then.

So DD7 who feels right as rain after a good nights sleep, gets all dolled up in her Tink outfit and we head for the boat. After an uneventful ride to DTD, we are at World of Disney in no time. I inquired at the check in about DD11, and rescheduling, but she told me they couldnt, and I'd have to call on the "pink phone". I picked up the handset and was told it was a 30 min wait. Lovely. I had about an hour before their appointment, so I had my fingers crossed. DD7 was an ANGEL, staying right near me and chatting with CMs. She picked out a stitch star wars pin that she wanted to buy with her own money to "help her sister feel better". I had been on the phone about 15 mins, when DH sent me a txt and said that DD11 felt better, and had eaten (and kept down) a banana, so they were going to catch the boat and join us.

So I hung up the phone, and DD7 and I did some more shopping. About 15 mins later (15 mins before our check in time) DH txt me again - their boat had broken down in the middle of the river! He was afraid they werent going to make it, they were radioing for another boat to come to the rescue. I told the lady at the check in desk, and she said it was "fine" and gave us our pager. DD7 and I went to sit down by the door, so the pager would work and my cell phone too. in about 10 mins I get a txt saying they got the boat started, and they were on the way again. Unfortunatly, sitting on a rocking boat was NOT good for DD11 - and as soon as they landed she was sick. She said she felt better, but I was worried. Turns out that BBB was running about 30 mins behind, so I told her that if she could keep some sprite down, Id let her have her makeover.

BBB ended up being 45 mins behind, and by that time DD11 had perked up, finished her sprite and was joking with her sister. So yeah, maybe I shouldnt have let her, but she didnt get sick anymore on our trip, so I let her get the makeover. Since DH was feeling icky too, I was about 99% certain it was the chicken from the night before. So don't be hatin'

The girls were finally called back, and they were put in chairs 1 and 11, which are next to each other but not "right' next to each other, the walkway is between them. About that time I realized I didnt get my memory card out of my SD reader for my ipad. :scared1:

But there were 3 photopass photogs, and they used my pp+ card and got lots and lots of great shots.

DD11 picked pop princess, and her FGIT was a doll! we told her that she hadn't been feeling well but thought it was something she ate, and she was fine with it, and they were off their own world in no time.

Here are a series of her transformation:

Photo0235FourBySix_zps211bceba.jpg

Photo0238FourBySix_zpseb6bb109.jpg

valsphone408_zps0cadbfcf.jpg

Photo0248FourBySix_zps8a1b747a.jpg

Photo0276FourBySix_zps069ade97.jpg

Photo0278FourBySix_zps63740522.jpg

valsphone412_zpscbefe5b7.jpg

Photo0284FourBySix_zps5cbd2f7d.jpg

And now, little bit's transformation. Her FGIT was soooo sweet! They had a great time together

valsphone409_zps750c411d.jpg

Photo0252FourBySix_zps55feae2d.jpg

Photo0264FourBySix_zps78927be7.jpg

valsphone410_zpsf204b173.jpg

Photo0271FourBySix_zpsa280f9b2.jpg

Photo0288FourBySix_zps14e1761c.jpg

valsphone415_zpsfe21a3fe.jpg

Photo0292FourBySix_zpse8320c19.jpg

valsphone418_zps7b083db0.jpg

After we settled up with the cashier, they told us about the photoshoot area, so of COURSE we had to go do that.

I wont bore you with them all, but here are my three favorites.

Photo0307FourBySix_zpsb0430260.jpg

Photo0325FourBySix_zps842f2718.jpg

Photo0314FourBySix_zps5fe98163.jpg

After our magical transformations, it was almost 230. We had 1900 Park Fare ressies at 4 - so we decided we better take the boat back to POFQ and have a snack (none of us had eaten yet :scared1:) and see if we could make our reservation.

Love the sassy older DD pricness and the young one just right. Sorry to hear DH and DD got sick but that it might have been the food and they got better soon still sucked tho. Great updates. MK looked like it was cold that night.

Naww those photos are gorgeous!!! My DD just said wow they look so much alike :-) I said well they are sisters lol

Do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions about it.....my DD was like oh mum can I do that? If you don't mine me asking, how much did it cost, what is the earliest appt you can get (opening time) & how long does the appt take? I might consider it for my DD...she will be 10 when we go :-)

So glad to hear your DD felt better & the BBB plans went ahead. Can't wait to hear more!!!

AustralianJetsetter said:
Naww those photos are gorgeous!!! My DD just said wow they look so much alike :-) I said well they are sisters lol

Do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions about it.....my DD was like oh mum can I do that? If you don't mine me asking, how much did it cost, what is the earliest appt you can get (opening time) & how long does the appt take? I might consider it for my DD...she will be 10 when we go :-)

So glad to hear your DD felt better & the BBB plans went ahead. Can't wait to hear more!!!

It took about an hour and a half, after they were called. We got our pager at our appt time, and then it was about 40 mins before it went off. So it was over two hours all together. As far as when they open...I'm not sure. I know the one in MK opens before the park, id guess the one in DTD opens around 8-9.

The package we got, hair, makeup, nails little bag and banner was $69 plus tax. My dd7 bought her dress earlier, but they have packages ($200ish) that induced the dress. They get to keep the makeup, and two bottles of nail polish and comb.

It was a great experience!

We got back to the room, and DD11 ate a snack. We had about 30 mins before we had to leave for the Grand Floridian, so I wanted her to eat something and see how she felt. In 30 mins she said she felt ok, and was kinda hungry. During this time, DD7 put her wings and flower ring (?) thing on and I took some photos of her outside on the walkway by our room. POFQ is a great place for photos!

I think its pretty obvious SHE liked BBB. ha.

127_zps317b4746.jpg

117_zpsaa7fc4ae.jpg

113_zpsd4f34e6d.jpg

We made our way to the bus stop to get to MK, to take the monorail to the Grand Floridian. As was the case on all our travels around the world so far (save the broken boat earlier today) we were there in no time, without a hitch. DD7 LOVED how everyone oohhed and aahhhed over her. DD11 did too. They both got lots of compliments. The family that shared our monorail asked lots of questions, they wanted to do it for their little girl but didnt know what it entailed.

We got to the Grand early - and hungry. I didnt realize that 1900 Park Fare didnt OPEN until 4, so when we got there at 345 it was still closed. We took in the gingerbread house and big tree, and the girls got their picture made by the tree.

Photo0340FourBySix-Copy_zpsf13b2cc1.jpg

143_edited-1_zps6b97180f.jpg

We went to check in, and got in line for our family photo

Photo0333FourBySix_zpse8e98988.jpg

We were seated quickly, and our server informed us we were at the first table! We were RIGHT by the door where the characters came out! She also told us they announced the characters, so we would be able to tell. But my eagle eyed DD7 realized she would see them through the door a couple of minutes before they came out. We LOVED this character interaction. It was among the best we had. The stepsisters were so funny! The food.....eh. It was edible? Thats about all I can say about it. Everybody eventually found something that would make up dinner, but it wasnt something Id pay cash out of pocket for, and if I went back it would be for the characters by far. Service was fine, and we had a GREAT time.

First up was Mrs Tremaine. She was as to be expected, prim and proper and asked if DH was my prince, I told her yes, and she said she had advised her daughters not to settle for the first one that came along, while looking down her nose at him. :rotfl2:

145_zps7ab04457.jpg

Next up was Anastasia, who came undone when she saw DD7's fairy wings on the chair. She asked her if she was a REAL fairy, and then took the wings to see if they would make her fly.

149_zpsb2f375c9.jpg

She ran around the room and we just cracked up.

147_zpse58e7fd9.jpg

Next was Druzilla, and she loved DD11s hair. She wanted to know if the fairy godmother would help her look that great.

153_zpsa642b675.jpg

I told her that Anastasia had tried to fly and the wings didnt work for her, so she snatched them up and took off too. She was yelling around the room "Im flying I'm flying!"

154_zpse406bd97.jpg

158_zps09b8d730.jpg

Next up was Charming, who was, of course Charming!
160_zps4ceae644.jpg

Then the guest of honor, Cinderella. I loved that Prince Charming came to meet her at the door, and they danced through the room, they danced back to our table and he kissed her hand in front of us. Adorable!!

168_zps1eced36d.jpg

174_zps84777719.jpg

DH noticed that every time Cindy turned away from the Prince, the step sisters kept trying to get his attention. The whole thing was so funny!!!

Great time!

After dinner, DH and DD11 decided they wanted to go to the room, and DD7 and I decided that we would go into MK JUST to meet the fairies. I was hoping Tink was there, I wanted pictures of Tink and DD7. We rode the monorail back to MK and parted ways.

So many great updates!

I love Tusker House bkfst! I just think the characters in the safari clothes are just too cute! How nice to be in the room with hardly anyone else. It was packed when we ate there on the 23rd.

Sorry your DD got sick and didnt get to enjoy the dessert party, but at least she was feeling better by the time of BBB.

Looks like the girls enjoyed their BBB appt ;)

OOOH, and 1900 PF, we loved the Tremaine's when we ate there a few years ago! But its too funny Anastasia and Drizella put on Tink's wings!!

Thanks so much for the BBB info :-) I think we will try this for our DD....ideally I was thinking of doing the BBB & then breakfast in the castle.....we are more breakfast kind of people (well the kids are).

I am absolutely loving your trip report.....don't want it to end!!!

:-) AJ

I love your TR! I think I want to do BBB with my daughter next year. She will be 4. Tusker house is also on the list! I'm glad your daughter was feeling well enough to go to BBB, it seems everyone was sick this Dec.

So many great updates!

I love Tusker House bkfst! I just think the characters in the safari clothes are just too cute! How nice to be in the room with hardly anyone else. It was packed when we ate there on the 23rd.

Sorry your DD got sick and didnt get to enjoy the dessert party, but at least she was feeling better by the time of BBB.

Looks like the girls enjoyed their BBB appt ;)
thanks! I hated she felt bad too, but at least it was the night before the day we had "light" plans.

OOOH, and 1900 PF, we loved the Tremaine's when we ate there a few years ago! But its too funny Anastasia and Drizella put on Tink's wings!!
I still giggle. I love Disney.
Thanks so much for the BBB info :-) I think we will try this for our DD....ideally I was thinking of doing the BBB & then breakfast in the castle.....we are more breakfast kind of people (well the kids are).

I am absolutely loving your trip report.....don't want it to end!!!

:-) AJ
We like breakfasts too, but I didnt decide on BBB until it was too late to be picky about appointments. It was defiantly a "take what we can get and make it work" situation. By the time we decided, the castle location was booked solid, so as soon as you decide when you are going, and the reservations are open, Id advice snagging one. And Thanks! I dont want it to end either....

I love your TR! I think I want to do BBB with my daughter next year. She will be 4. Tusker house is also on the list! I'm glad your daughter was feeling well enough to go to BBB, it seems everyone was sick this Dec.

Tusker was GREAT! Thanks to the DIS, I had heard to book one of the last breakfast times, and it was not crowded at all. And we had almost 2.5 hours in the park before time to eat.

BBB was worth it to us. When DD7 was laid back in the chair getting her makeup done, DH said, wow, this was so worth it. :goodvibes Dunno if we'd do it again, certainly not for both of them b/c dd11 is about turn 12, but if we go back I'm sure DD7 will want to do it again.

It was Friday night, 12/28 and DH and DD11 went back to our room at POFQ after dinner. DD7, all dolled up as Tink, and I had other plans though. I checked the lines app and the line for Tink was 35 mins. Thats all we planned to do in MK, so when we got off the monorail from the Grand Floridian, we went to MK and the other two caught the bus home.

DD7 and I went in to MK and saw the most massive MK crowd of our trip. It was a :eek: moment for us. :rotfl2: We had been spoiled by our early mornings, let me tell you at 6pm ish it was crowded!!!

A Cm told us the move it shake it parade was about to start, so quickly we got a magic shot with DD7 and Tink.

Photo0346FourBySix-Copy_zps5e958036.jpg

DD wanted to watch the parade, and we were lucky to get a spot right on the curb on main street. She loved it!

179_zps20936032.jpg

189_zps7a66fc85.jpg

194_zpsa796acbb.jpg

Surprisingly, she remembers dancing in the street party with Mr Incredible in 2009, so as we approached the hub with the dancing she wanted too. but there were SO many people she was like "nevermind" lets find Tink! So off we went.

We got to the Fairy line and the sign said 40 mins. While in line, every CM tha saw DD7 asked why she was waiting in line! She needed to be back there to meet her fans. She got so tickled. It was exactly 40 mins, but it wasnt too bad, bc we passed the time talking to a family in front of us, a mom and two girls. I found out they'd been there all day. I felt so bad for them - they'd waited in lines for 2 hours all day long! They were also on a character quest, so I used Kennys app to tell them about some of the places they could hunt up people they were looking for. I also told them how awesome early mornings were. They were planning to go to DHS the next day, I told them us too, and that FPs would be out by 930-10 so if they wanted to ride that w/o a huge line they needed to get there early. Then I found out they thought FPs cost extra...and the look on their poor faces when I explained how they worked, it was almost defeat! But I helped them come up with a plan for DHS, I hope it worked out for them. When dad came back to the line from taking their son to the bathroom to tell them they were going to sit on a bench, mom told them the scoop and he looked crestfallen too. They all agreed to try early at DHS. anyhoo, when it was finally our turn to meet Tink it was SOOOO worth it!!!

We came around the corner, and Tink said: JOLLY JINGLES ITS A TINKER FAIRY!!!!

Photo0351FourBySix-Copy_zps5bb15f2f.jpg

She darted all around and asked her if the fairy god mother had fixed her hair, it was beautiful. she noticed that She had on "adventure shoes" and that her shoes werent good for adventures, she needed to get some like my DD7s

Photo0352FourBySix_zps79be49e2.jpg

She asked her about pixie dust and DD7 told her she was out. She told her she needed to see Terrence, but then she looked at her head and said, I THINK I FOUND YOURS!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Photo0355FourBySix_zpsfb64d3e5.jpg

She asked if we had seen Peter, and DD7 said, NO, but I saw a PIRATE outside. (thanks Kenny for that tip) She FREAKED! And started flitting around, WHERE??? It wasnt Captian HOOK was it?? DD7 said, YES hes looking for you. She went on a tirade how about how mean he was and how she doesn't like him b/c he wants to steal pixie dust, so DD better watch out. :rotfl2:

Photo0357FourBySix_zps8de92bac.jpg

Then she told her to fly safe and not get her wings wet.

Photo0362FourBySix_zps66222ad4.jpg

Totally awesome interaction. We must have been with Tink for between 5-10 mins. DD7 had a blast!!

Then it was time for Periwinkle. She was more subdued, but still had good interaction. She complemented DD on her hair too, and said that Tink should think about wearing flowers in her hair as well, because they are soo pretty.

Photo0368FourBySix_zpseb1fb6f9.jpg

Photo0372FourBySix_zpse735f052.jpg

Photo0377FourBySix_zpsb7b2c646.jpg

By FAR the best meet and greet we experienced. I love the fact that you arent all crowded in the same room, and the fairies really take the time to talk to the kids.

We made our way to the exit, and it started sprinkling. DD7 was getting worried b/c Tink told her not to get her wings wet! :rotfl2: We made it to the bus stop before it started raining hard though. We got back to POFQ, to discover that DD11 was feeling MUCH better, and wanted to know if Id take her to DTD to shop. I said sure, but Tink said she was ready to rest. So DD11 and I went shopping, and had lots of fun! Pin trading, shopping but I was VERY happy she was feeling better. We spent a few snack credits at goofy's picking out things we thought DD7 and DH would like as well. We caught the last boat back to POFQ in the POURING rain, and got ready to sleep because tomorrow is....Hollywood studios day, which means ROPE DROP!

Oh wow!!! What an awesome Tink interaction.....it's great when the "speaking" characters spend quality time like that....thumbs up to Tink :-)

What a great mum you are to take DD7 to meet Tink then to get home & take DD11 shopping...I'm sure your girls appreciate all those little things you do...good one!!

I do hope you hurry up & go again so you can writebus another trip report after this one hehe :rotfl2:

AustralianJetsetter said:
Oh wow!!! What an awesome Tink interaction.....it's great when the "speaking" characters spend quality time like that....thumbs up to Tink :-)

What a great mum you are to take DD7 to meet Tink then to get home & take DD11 shopping...I'm sure your girls appreciate all those little things you do...good one!!

I do hope you hurry up & go again so you can writebus another trip report after this one hehe :rotfl2:

I'll tell my husband, that our adoring fans require it. Lol

We wake up Saturday morning 12/29 with plenty of time to get to...

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS! for rope drop.

Everyone feels GREAT and I'm glad to hear it. Our plans are to try to stick it out at DHS until after our ADR at 4, then see what we feel like for the evening. We eat a light breakfast, and head to the bus stop.

Again, we are the first family at our turnstile, and wait (im)patiently for the park to open! Our plan is to head STRAIGHT to TSM and ride, then get fp for another ride. We had a very very friendly CM at the gate again, and the time passed very fast! In no time they were letting us through the gates, about 15 mins early! They give us "surprise" fast passes for Lights! Motors! Action! at 1030. And we are OFF!

But we dont run. We just walk. Looked like about 1/3 of the people took off for Jedi, 1/3 for TSM and the rest for RnRC/TT.

We get in line for TSM at 750 am!! :cheer2: FUN! We grab FP to ride again, and the time is for 820. (DH won) We see standby is listed as only 10 mins, so we ride again. This time it did take about 10 mins. Had a little bit of time for photos this time.
valsphone445_zps037d91df.jpg

valsphone446_zpse4e1f0cd.jpg

After we came out of TSM this time the line had jumped up to 50 mins already! I ate a cereal bar, and the girls pin traded with the CM at the exit of the buzz and woody line. Our FP time was ready. So back we go! :cheer2: If you are keeping score, thats three rides on TSM in less than an hour Christmas week! :cheer2:

When we came out from our third ride (I won this time!), the buzz and woody were meeting, and the line was 20 mins. DD11 wanted to meet them, but DD7 didnt want to stand in line, so we left DD11 and DH in line, while the two of us went to get FP for RnRC. The fast passes we pulled were for 10. It started POURING rain. I mean buckets! we pulled out our ponchos, and made our way back to PIXAR place to wait for DD and Dh to come out of meeting Buzz and Woody. DD7 spied the face painting booth, and I tried to talk her out of it because it was still raining. The CM doing the painting told us that touch ups were free all day, at all the parks, so if it smeared or whatever they'd fix it with the reciept. So DD7 decided to spend some of her own money on a face paint.

valsphone449_zps0a0d715b.jpg

Too cute! We get back to the exit of the Buzz and Woody M&G and DD7 spies her sister and dad through the window. The CM at the exit (who we had pin traded with earlier) told me we could go through the exit and get in line with them. She had heard me tell DD7 that she had made the choice not to wait in line, and said "she's been so good out here, now and earlier, very polite!" (proud momma moment there). So when the family in front of ours came out, the CM let us in. DD11 was most put out that her sister didnt have to wait in line and still got to meet them!

Hannahscamerapictures488_zps262165fd.jpg

Hannahscamerapictures482_zps64fbf55e.jpg

Photo0378FourBySix_zpsf42f4647.jpg

Photo0386FourBySix_zps53e54e65.jpg

Of course, now DD11 wanted HER face painted, so away we went for that again. :rotfl2:

Hannahscamerapictures493_zpsa06151f3.jpg

Next up- rain drops still fallin on our heads?

3 rides on TSM -- you guys rock!! :thumbsup2

Cute face painting -- and good to know they touch up for free all day with the receipt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter