• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shooting Arcade to close?

When Disney made the decision to no longer sell toy guns in the Park, I just assumed the Arcade would be closed/changed. Just surprised it is taking so long. As a side, the first time I went to MK way back in 1976, I bought one of those old Davy Crocket toy rifles (I was 22 YR old and just thought it was a cool item). Time went on, raised 3 girls who had no interest in playing with guns. 13 years ago, my first grandson was born. When he turned 7 (with the permission from his mother), I gave the rifle to him. He still has it but has long grown out of playing with it.

I wouldn't mind a DVC lounge somewhere in MK. However, the shooting arcade doesn't seem like it would be enough space for a lounge, unless its really small.

I think Disney is thinking about having DVC lounge in each park, perhaps as a new perk they can push for direct sales.

I don’t know what to think anymore .
We are exposed to gun violence daily but we also have to understand that hunting for survival might be important too. This attraction exposes many to the understanding and feel of holding a gun from the Wild West and aiming at a Target . Similar to shooting a bow and arrow and aiming at Buzz LightYear with a space age gun in our hands . What about the guns in Star Wars ?
A safe attraction for understanding the conversation about gun safety is not such a bad idea perhaps .

The new view at the Top is worth twice in one day !
The trees are trimmed to reveal the MK and Space Mnt view with the amazing Tron …
It is a sight to see and this is the first time I have looked down to see a cannonball glowing a fiery red as if the cannonball had just been ignited ! And the MK is the target HaHa or seems to be

I think DL Tarzan Treehouse has returned to the original theme .
Does anybody know ?
Tarzan used to always be present for a pretty nice photo op Once upon a time !

The new view at the Top is worth twice in one day !
The trees are trimmed to reveal the MK and Space Mnt view with the amazing Tron …
It is a sight to see and this is the first time I have looked down to see a cannonball glowing a fiery red as if the cannonball had just been ignited ! And the MK is the target HaHa or seems to be

I think DL Tarzan Treehouse has returned to the original theme .
Does anybody know ?
Tarzan used to always be present for a pretty nice photo op Once upon a time !

The DL Treehouse is now "The Adventureland Treehouse - Inspired by Walt Disney's Swiss Family Robinson." It hasn't really gone back to the original version, but it now has a lot of S.E.A. references in it.

Cant say I am surprised - sort of fits in with everything Disney is doing.
BTW: It was busy every time i walked buy - I did not have to wait long to use it - but it was never empty.

I had not done this in years and did not know it was free - the last time I did it it was a pay thing.
When I saw it was free I said to myself - this must be going away soon.
That was in early March and now its going away.

I assume that entire area will be gone over the next few years to be more New Orleans than what it is now.

I don’t care about the guns part but I can get this experience at a local fare. Just seems like wasted space right now. A dvc lounge would be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter