September 2023 W.I.S.H. 🍂Fabulous Fall 🍁

I’ve actually accepted that summer is over. 😒 The leaves on the trees are mostly still green and it’s in the high 70’s, so it really doesn’t look like or feel like fall yet.

For self-care, we went to the Contemporary church service this morning. I couldn’t sing because then I would start coughing. I’m going to my allergist on Tuesday to address my asthma flare up and allergies. I also want to talk to her about my inability to sing like I used to. Now my breathing issues prevent me from singing in my full voice. I’m hoping that she can help me.

My DD’s boyfriend stays over most weekends now. He is from NJ, and it’s a hike for them to see each other. He is very nice but always acting as host can get old after a while. I just have to get used to it because it’s either him coming to us or DD not being home at all. Oh well.

Sitting at the ferry dock, it is a beautiful fall morning. And holy cow the guy at the ticket booth was a flirt. Nice way to start the day. Really looking forward to the drive and the pumpkins. On the way back I think I’ll have time for a stop at Deception Pass, an extra little bonus.

Walking yesterday turned out to be good for my leg so I kept doing it and I ended up with 12,000 steps for the day. Still sore but getting better. Thank goodness for Bengay.

Self care was making more protein bites since I ate my last one last night. The are kind of heavy in calories but if I eat one before bed I don't wake up h-angry!
The pediatrician did a drive through flu clinic today so after church we pulled up, rolled down the windows, and stick stick stick done! DS8 ended up in the office though because something bit him at a party yesterday and his arm got super puffy. Fast forward to taking him to the walk in tonight because it got bigger and now he is going on a topical anti-botic. Doesn't appear to by lyme related so win there!
We decorated for Halloween today. I gave up watching my pick'em team as I now have 2 injured players! Fortunately for the real life people the injuries are minor but they suck for me today.
Next week is employee appreciation week at work. One day is "covid couture" wear your wfh clothes. Now for me that's yoga pants and slippers....but I can only imagine what some folks will show up in.
Hope everyone has a good week...getting a break from the rain around here!

IMG_0184.jpeg
My dog was crawling all over me when I was trying to write my answers-she made this look quite messy!!!! but it was still fun 😊

Weekend has come to an end and man was it full!!!

You Ladies probably won’t believe this but I FINALLY got my Real ID approved on Friday!!! You know, after being tossed out of the DNV two times for bad dates on my marriage paperwork, lack of a raised seal and honestly I forget what else…I finally got the paper they wanted. I should have my ID in 2-3 weeks!

Shocking news was received by our agency Friday. January 2nd we are back at work in the office Tues-Thursday with no flexibility on the days. Your day off can be Monday OR Friday and you can have one work from home day…this is less flexibility than precovid ☹️ I hope to find a fully remote job with another agency before the end of the year…so I have spent 10+ hours over the past 3 days writing and adjusting my resume, applying for jobs and completing applicant questionnaires. This may be a blessing…although I love my job I am open and looking forward to a new possibility if something is offered to me.

Besides the job hunt I went to my nieces soccer game, took DS2s girlfriend to lunch for her bday, went to church this morning and Ubered DD all over LOL.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

View attachment 798457
My dog was crawling all over me when I was trying to write my answers-she made this look quite messy!!!! but it was still fun 😊

Weekend has come to an end and man was it full!!!

You Ladies probably won’t believe this but I FINALLY got my Real ID approved on Friday!!! You know, after being tossed out of the DNV two times for bad dates on my marriage paperwork, lack of a raised seal and honestly I forget what else…I finally got the paper they wanted. I should have my ID in 2-3 weeks!

Shocking news was received by our agency Friday. January 2nd we are back at work in the office Tues-Thursday with no flexibility on the days. Your day off can be Monday OR Friday and you can have one work from home day…this is less flexibility than precovid ☹️ I hope to find a fully remote job with another agency before the end of the year…so I have spent 10+ hours over the past 3 days writing and adjusting my resume, applying for jobs and completing applicant questionnaires. This may be a blessing…although I love my job I am open and looking forward to a new possibility if something is offered to me.

Besides the job hunt I went to my nieces soccer game, took DS2s girlfriend to lunch for her bday, went to church this morning and Ubered DD all over LOL.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Emoji Bar - like.jpgandEmoji Bar - angry.jpg

I wanted to like your Social Saturday reply and good DMV news, but not the work policy - DH's job ended up requiring more time in office than before the pandemic as well. It's so ridiculous!

I've been out since Friday, so trying to catch up a bit - we went to my cousin's DD's wedding out of town and had a great time! It was so good to see cousins that I only see one or two times a year and catch up!

Some of these seem like a tossup, but I'd have to go with:
Nature
Hotel
Plane
History
Relax
Beach
Alone
Suitcase
Cruise
Shopping

That's a good way to look at things and I also noticed that at some stages in life, my answers might have been different than they are now!
View attachment 798214

🧡 How are you taking care of yourself today? 🧡
Sunday was the day after the wedding and we went to one of my cousin's houses who lives local to where we were (Boise, Idaho), so it was a day of visiting and relaxing after the wedding festivities.

So, from the list, it was a day to unplug (the weather was kind of rainy though), we were also able to slow down and just enjoy being together!

Going to the new thread now to finish catching up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter