September 2022 DisneyFit Exercise Challenge

Friday +25
Saturday +50
Sunday +25

125/600 20% - BLUE

I'm not a swimmer, so in all my WDW trips (45+, I've lost count) I've really only done pool time once, when I had my Nephew Travis with me. We spent time at pool at POP one evening and spent half a day at Typhoon Lagoon. I did enjoy the Lazy River and hanging out at the edge of the Wave Pool while he went further in. It was a really nice change from our go-go-go park days, but not actually swimming and not something I've done again.

I'm late but joining in. I've been on my butt with sickness, but I'm finally starting to feel better. Since I'm off to a late start I'll shoot for 700. All those pool photos look so refreshing!
Glad you are on the mend and joining in!

As for the water question, we do usually make time for a swim or a water park visit. One of DS's favorites when he was little was the POFQ pool with the dragon(?) water slide.

+20... house sitting at my niece's for a couple days which has thrown off my nightly You Tube yoga routine, last night I only did about 10 minutes with poses I could remember.

145/600 24%

That will do in a pinch! It's more important that you kept the placeholder in your routine than that you spend the normal amount of minutes. You did great remembering some poses!

Oh my goodness. This week has flown by. I'm sorry for my lack of posting. I have had a mentally exhausting week. In fact, until this moment, I actually thought today was Friday, and I've been wondering where my Hello Fresh shipment is! I really need this week to be over.

220 minutes - leslie sansone boosted walk video and horses

580/1800

So many color changes to report!!! Congrats to PollyannaMom and Elizabeth Smith for reaching Bring It Blue! Here's a little eye candy for you:

1662666282353.png

1662666501588.png
The pools at Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel - "An elegant indoor pool and expansive outdoor pool, home to scenic seaside views, a thrilling 40-meter long, waterfall-themed slide and a whirlpool are available . . ."

And several of us made it to Off to the Races Orange! Congrats to Oneanne, sophy1996, Bethislucy, and me!

Another way to stay active while on a Disney trip is by joining a runDisney event. Each year several races are held at WDW. These events are appropriate for a variety of ages and levels and also accommodate participants with some mobility challenges. It looks like the next event is the Wine and Dine Half Marathon coming up in November. runDisney also hosts virtual races, and I hope to participate in one of those asap.

What about you? Have you ever joined a Disney race? If so, please share your photos, memories, etc. with us!

25-minute walk

260/900

We’ve done a few Run Disney races. One Wine & Dine 10k through DHS and Epcot in about 2007, I think. And a couple of Star Wars weekends at DLR in 2016 and 2017. In 2016 DH and I both did the 10k, and then in 2017 I did the 5k and 10k, and DH did the 10k and the half marathon. Those races were really fun; it’s too bad that RD doesn’t do anything at DLR anymore.

Here’s how DH ran the 10k in 2016:

01C71EDC-0E19-46EC-B0FE-B5579907517F.jpeg

And here are our medals:

image.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter