Saratoga Springs right now....

Your post couldn't come at a better time! We just decided to book a last minute trip for the end of April today. This will be our first trip home and I'm sooo excited. I requested the paddock section because I figure it would be pretty quiet. I'm not worried about the parks since we'll be there a gazillion more times! :) This is a quick, r&r, regain sanity, get our "fix" trip! Thanks for the report! :sunny:

1000th happy haunt said:
Toby, that sounds so peaceful. I wish I were with you right now. What section and area are you in? The fountain sounds so relaxing, and that's what I need after the day I had today.
While I speak only for myself and DW, I get the feeling that, as many DIS DVCers age (note I didn't say 'mature' ;) ) that 'peaceful' and 'relaxing fountain' may take on a higher value....

DrTomorrow said:
While I speak only for myself and DW, I get the feeling that, as many DIS DVCers age (note I didn't say 'mature' ;) ) that 'peaceful' and 'relaxing fountain' may take on a higher value....

You are right it already has a higher value to us mature folks :rotfl2:

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Well, we're back home here tonight - north of Boston, and all my friends could talk about was our beautiful resort, and would stay back there in a minute - told them to sign up for membership - they were given the DVC point book after we took a quick tour of the studio and 3 bedroom villa this morning. Loads of interested people at the DVC preview center this morning.

So, in closing, I wouldn't hesitate either staying or buying into the SSR complex. Building is now going on with units right on the golf course, and that should be wonderful for all the golfers out there. My last vision before heading to the airport this morning was sitting on the verandah and watching a swan and a mother duck and her ducklings swimming around - it was just so relaxing - corny, but true.

We're coming down again in October - lucky to be sailing on the Member's Cruise with some friends. Told my husband - "let's change from Boardwalk back to SSR." :thumbsup2

3DisneyNUTS said:
WOW sounds awesome!!!!! What are the pool temps like?

We just got back from a few days at OKW (our home resort) but used the fitness center at SSR (very nice) and pool hopped to the SSR pool afterwards. Surprisingly the OKW pools were bathwater warm and the SSR main pool (only one we visited) was icy cold! Loved the SSR lounge chairs though!

tjhsr said:
You are right it already has a higher value to us mature folks :rotfl2:
I'll have to say, I fit into the "mature" category, but my kids don't. I LOVE the peace and quiet for myself AND my kids! After a day at the parks, we all can use some time to decompress and relax. I'm not disagreeing with you, but wanted to say it has a "higher value" at SSR for everyone! :thumbsup2
I hope you all can move your walkers over for a couple of well-behaved kids! ;)
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! :love:

Glad you are enjoying your trip. Wish I was there. I don't get to go home until October.

I'm missing "home" too.....so much so that I hope I don't regret our decision to stay at the BWV in May....thankfully we will be going back to SSR in August!

Thanks for such a positive update on SSR. We'll be there on Tuesday April 4th for our first trip home and now you've made me even more excited about it!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter