ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

pianomanzano (seller)---$91-$25539-270-BRV@WL-Jun-0/23, 0/24, 270/25- sent 4/26

Happy and sad to sell this off, happy that we got a couple years worth of points out of it (and make a tiny profit, although after dues pretty much was a complete wash), sad to let it go though. If we miss WL more, We may be eyeing some CCV points in the future!

Guess I should clarify more I am purchasing a second contract that is now in ROFR. I am seeing lots of Poly passing which is great! But mine is going to test the monster at $125/pt for 120 pt. contract.
Your contract being ROFR has very little to do with the price and more to it being stripped until 2026. The price isn’t testing anything.

Stripped points are worth anywhere from $10-$20 per year. So $125pp with no 24 or 25 points is really $145-$175pp.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that “hot new tower points” for Poly in 24/25 are worth at least $15/yr (net of dues)— you might be able to rent them for less than $25/pt at the 11m mark, but I wouldn’t count on it.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that “hot new tower points” for Poly in 24/25 are worth at least $15/yr (net of dues)— you might be able to rent them for less than $25/pt at the 11m mark, but I wouldn’t count on it.
Just a guess. I know rental rates have dropped due to amount of points for rent via brokers, Facebook, etc. still IMO rates are anywhere from $18-25 depending on resort and time of year, with VGC as an outlier getting up to $30/pt. Is the demand for Poly going to approach $30/pt?

Your contract being ROFR has very little to do with the price and more to it being stripped until 2026. The price isn’t testing anything.
Curious then was is the test if not price? The seller is paying all dues. The price IMO does account for the lack of points available. What Disney sees as value maybe something different. On what criteria then would Disney take this contract? Or not?

You’re saying the contract value per point stripped? It was listed at $140/pt. so this would be about right.
I’m saying that the $125pp that you referenced is equivalent to a non double stripped contract at $145-$175pp depending on how much someone discounts stripped points.

I’m saying that the $125pp that you referenced is equivalent to a non double stripped contract at $145-$175pp depending on how much someone discounts stripped points.
I am still not really getting this statement. I’ll come back an re-read after another cup of coffee.
Can you explain in more simpler terms? What is a non double stripped contract? One that has points in ‘24 and ‘25, correct?
Ok, so if the contract only had partial ‘25 pts, no ‘24, you would value that at say $145/pt. for selling purposes? Fully loaded at $175/pt for this 120/pt contract?

I am still not really getting this statement. I’ll come back an re-read after another cup of coffee.
Can you explain in more simpler terms? What is a non double stripped contract? One that has points in ‘24 and ‘25, correct?
Ok, so if the contract only had partial ‘25 pts, no ‘24, you would value that at say $145/pt. for selling purposes? Fully loaded at $175/pt for this 120/pt contract?
It’s more about what a buyer (including Disney) would say is a comparable deal relative to your deal…. It’s not just about the ppp.

It’s more about what a buyer (including Disney) would say is a comparable deal relative to your deal…. It’s not just about the ppp.
Correct. But in this case you can’t separate the price as it is very low offer despite a stripped contract. It is still factored in in the averages of resale pricing. Do they want any contract to sell at $125/pt? Has there been any Poly resale passed at $125/pt regardless of available points? I am not seeing any. As such, this will test the floor of resale pricing for Poly.

Correct. But in this case you can’t separate the price as it is very low offer despite a stripped contract. It is still factored in in the averages of resale pricing. Do they want any contract to sell at $125/pt? Has there been any Poly resale passed at $125/pt regardless of available points? I am not seeing any. As such, this will test the floor of resale pricing for Poly.
It’s not very low despite being stripped….. it’s actually higher than other contracts when you adjust for the lack of points in 24/25.

Go put the deal in the DVCROFR.com pricing tool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter