ROFR Thread April to June 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well tomorrow is 30 days for me, guess I ought to hear something, I've been checking my emails non stop since Friday. I didn't think waiting to hear would bug me this much but this is worse than anything else I've ever purchased, lol. At least buying homes you hear back within a couple days.

Well tomorrow is 30 days for me, guess I ought to hear something, I've been checking my emails non stop since Friday. I didn't think waiting to hear would bug me this much but this is worse than anything else I've ever purchased, lol. At least buying homes you hear back within a couple days.
Not for the faint at heart... The closer you get to the 30 day mark, the worse it gets. Lol.:upsidedow Day 27...

Not for the faint at heart... The closer you get to the 30 day mark, the worse it gets. Lol.:upsidedow Day 27...
I was wondering if either of you had heard! Fingers crossed for both of you!:tinker:

OOF the full 30 days !! im 17 days out and have been checking my emails no stop every day !!! good luck hope it all works out !

I was wondering if either of you had heard! Fingers crossed for both of you!:tinker:
Thanks! And still nothing yet. Im going to call the broker to ask if they know anything this afternoon. Its hard to imagine they'd take it on day 30 but I guess anything can happen.

OOF the full 30 days !! im 17 days out and have been checking my emails no stop every day !!! good luck hope it all works out !
Yeah it's not what I expected. :-) I'm REALLY curious why ours goes the full 30 but others are taken quickly or passed on quickly. Must be a lot of data that we don't have access to that influences the decision. Kinda makes me think you might be able to sneak some super low ones through just based on it not fitting whatever they are looking for.

Does anyone actually know the details behind the process? Assuming there is some committee or process for review. Do they meet weekly/monthly? Doubt that is their only job to approve resale accounts.

But I sure wish there was some consistency around the time frames :)

Does anyone actually know the details behind the process? Assuming there is some committee or process for review. Do they meet weekly/monthly? Doubt that is their only job to approve resale accounts.

But I sure wish there was some consistency around the time frames :)
Someone posted earlier that they thought as much as price was a consideration, a larger part of the equation is matching up pieces of units into resellable packages.

For example, disney always owns at least 2 percent of the total units, if they want to sell more of each property though, they need enough points in a particular room to sell off, they can't just package multiple units in a property together on a contract. Plus those rooms must have enough current year points they can give those as part of the sale also. So say you want to buy 300 direct vgf points, they need 300 points in a single unit that includes current year points. And it's gotta be at a rate good enough they're gonna be able to at least cover all the various costs associated with it.

Its much easier for them to just take the foreclosed properties which really cost them nothing. My feeling is that then they look to rofr complementary pieces to those units based on various factors like price, buyers spending history, etc... To fill a direct purchase waitlist for each property. They may occasionally take outliers that are really low, but my guess is its a lot of gray area where various factors all give some range of maybe and they just wait to see if they can flip it quickly.

Which makes me think they look at:
A) interest list in a resort, if they have an interested buyer that's #1
B) does the unit number match up with any currently in stock, coupled with how long do they have to hold it before resale/so that "current year" points can be sold
C) purchase price
D) number of points, larger blocks of points are easier to resell into smaller blocks without the need for pairing
E) profit potential- dvc is the loss leader to get you into the parks. Disney knows everything you purchase and how much you spend. My guess is this is a low end factor as well as they can calculate how much food, souvenirs, and extras they can sell you over the years. That's just my speculation, but they have so much data on everyone, why wouldn't they use it?

Thank you, Supplanter! Have you called your agent? I'm sending positive vibes your way!!
I heard back from him and got this message, "Yeah, today is 30 days so we should hear back soon." Then a minute later I got this one, not sure what to think about it?

"I checked with Disney and your sale was sent to the final department on 4/18. That is usually a good sign. We should hear back within the week."

Today is 30 days... can they go past that? Are they maybe checking estoppel (I'm probably just dreaming on that one hahaha)? This has been a crazy ride.
Maybe thats a little info on how ROFR works though, multiple departments all get a crack at approving it/ taking it before it is sent back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter