**ROFR Thread 2015 January-June** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking we should start a support group for contracts that have gone to ROFR that require an addendum! :sad: LOL

Got news today that the 4 points for '14 were actually banked and need to be used by November and they were listed as available in contract. Soooo....Disney was "sitting on it" (for 32 days). We need to do an addendum but I'm told Disney will "put a rush on it":snail: !!!
Good news is I'm not in a terrible rush, just want to be kept in the loop, I guess I'll be hanging on this thread for a while longer!
I agree we need a support group for the whole process

Disney just informed the broker the seller's wife was on the deed, but wasn't included in our documents. We had to resign everything with her listed. It will be sent back to Disney probably tomorrow, 5/5.[/QUO
Jandlinz--$73-$11,680-160-SSR-August-00/'15-160/'16-160/'17 sent 4/21, resent 5/5, passed 5/18

Last edited:
Wow, so glad you passed. Hopefully we will hear soon. Haven't hear a peep since last week. We sent for ROFR originally on 4/6, found out about the unbanked points on 5/6 and it was fixed the same day. Still have heard nothing. Still hoping for the best.

Wow, so glad you passed. Hopefully we will hear soon. Haven't hear a peep since last week. We sent for ROFR originally on 4/6, found out about the unbanked points on 5/6 and it was fixed the same day. Still have heard nothing. Still hoping for the best.

Just had same happen to me.... Disney finding more and more ways to slow down the process I possibly. Seller (reportedly) has confirmation that points were previously banked, but during ROFR, Disney said they were not banked. Seller got it done now, but this has stalled the process and I am now at 28 days into ROFR and they just found this out. (Agent says this is not the first time they have seen this recently) Disney might just be showing how low they will go to derail the resale process..... either that or I am being sold a story by the agent. If they are not out of ROFR by this Friday, I am calling it quits on this contract and asking for my deposit back.

Just had same happen to me.... Disney finding more and more ways to slow down the process I possibly. Seller (reportedly) has confirmation that points were previously banked, but during ROFR, Disney said they were not banked. Seller got it done now, but this has stalled the process and I am now at 28 days into ROFR and they just found this out. (Agent says this is not the first time they have seen this recently) Disney might just be showing how low they will go to derail the resale process..... either that or I am being sold a story by the agent. If they are not out of ROFR by this Friday, I am calling it quits on this contract and asking for my deposit back.

When was yours sent for ROFR originally? I'm frustrated to the point I would be tempted to buy direct even though it's more money.

If you don't mine me as,king, who is your agent?

SomeImaginationHuh --- $140 - $14,847 - 100 - VGC - Apr - 0/'14, 82/'15, 100/'16 - sent 5/18

This was actually 2 (50) point contracts that they combined into 100 points, as they were same seller. I just sent the contract this am, and received confirmation that the contracts had been sent to Disney this afternoon. I guess they went on and sent them because I sent proof of mailing my deposit....Weird that it got sent to Disney the same day, right? Not that I'm complaining :P:P:P

$101-$-32320-320-AUL-Aug-60/'13, 320/'14, 320/'15, 320/'16-sent 4/23, passed 5/18

This is our first DVC purchase and I was getting worried reading the latest posts of some of you still waiting 35+ days, but am very excited we just got word we passed today.

Thank you to the moderator maintaining this post - this information is so helpful.

$101-$-32320-320-AUL-Aug-60/'13, 320/'14, 320/'15, 320/'16-sent 4/23, passed 5/18

This is our first DVC purchase and I was getting worried reading the latest posts of some of you still waiting 35+ days, but am very excited we just got word we passed today.

Thank you to the moderator maintaining this post - this information is so helpful.

Congratulations, that is an awesome deal :)!

Suebeelin - $65 - $11,810- 170- SSR - June- 0/14, 0/15, 170/16 - sent 4/17

Buyer pays $195 admin fee and $375 closing costs ($100 knocked off)....

Passed 5/18!! 31 days-but 4/17 was a Friday and maybe they got it late Friday and started reviewing on Monday, which then makes it only 29 days ;)....

davper---$83-$12,450-150-SSR-JUN-0/'13, 102/'14, 150/'15, 150/'16-sent 5/19, Waiting

Buyer pays $195 admin fee and $375 closing costs ($100 knocked off)....

Passed 5/18!! 31 days-but 4/17 was a Friday and maybe they got it late Friday and started reviewing on Monday, which then makes it only 29 days ;)....
What a great price!

What a great price!

Thanks!! It was actually a price I negotiated for my SIL. Her parents have BCL/BWV since 2000, and she's been dying to be a dvc member. Apparently my brother finally relented. He insisted on the most cost efficient method to be a dvc member, a la SSR.

I'm really happy for her ;). She's been doing a happy dance all day-- and her next family trip is this October (gv at SSR-- her parents looked too late and couldn't get their home resort bc of food n wine).

She asked me to look into availability in October to add on to her trip once she closes and has her points loaded.. Only SSR and OKW is open! Even all AKL rooms are mostly gone!!

Last edited:
We couldn't resist this cheapo fully loaded OKW- we'll see if the Mouse agrees ;):

pangyal- ---$65-$16500 (buyer pays '15 MF/closing)-230-OKW-SEP-230/'13, 230/'14 (banked), 230/'15, 160/'16-sent 5/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter