**ROFR Thread 2015 January-June** Please read 1st post for instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi "That's Nice"........just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you put in maintaining this thread. It is much appreciated!!!!
No problem. The ROFR thread was a huge help when we we started looking at DVC contracts. I might be handing over the reigns come the end of June, so if you know someone who is interested, let me know. :goodvibes

This forum is a double edged sword. Seeing all the deals and happy people finding their dream is awesome..... BUT it is so frustrating and disheartening to see several contracts for the same resort as yours is that were sent 4&5 days after yours passing while you are still waiting.... Tomorrow will be day 29 and I am so anxious.... Really hope to hear something tomorrow....

This forum is a double edged sword. Seeing all the deals and happy people finding their dream is awesome..... BUT it is so frustrating and disheartening to see several contracts for the same resort as yours is that were sent 4&5 days after yours passing while you are still waiting.... Tomorrow will be day 29 and I am so anxious.... Really hope to hear something tomorrow....

Just think, though- if they're still sitting on yours, chances are, they're not planning to keep it :)!

I suspect that the reason I heard back today is because I dropped the broker a note in the morning asking if there was any update... it could be a coincidence... but I'd suggest you drop the broker a note inquiring.

I suspect that the reason I heard back today is because I dropped the broker a note in the morning asking if there was any update... it could be a coincidence... but I'd suggest you drop the broker a note inquiring.

Oh I have sent two emails this week to my broker and nothing.... We are not planning to go until October 2016 so we have time, but that is why we started the process early so if we had to start from scratch multiple times we would not jeopardize our trip.

$82-$8,200-100-AKV-Dec-0/'13, 92/'14, 100/'15, 100/'16-sent 2/10, waiting

We had a hiccup when this was first submitted, turns out the 2014 points were actually 68 2013 and 24 2014. Why you would use 2014 points before using 2013 points I don't know. But that means we had to put an addendum on the contract and that was re-submitted to ROFR on 2/18.

Great news today though... we passed ROFR! http://www.***********.com/forums/images/smilies/new/woohoodance.gif Now on to the estoppel waiting.

Really getting frustrated.... Still no word and broker really isn't helping the cause making me feel better.... I ask questions and all I get back in response is the same "We'll let you know when we hear anything".... That doesn't help me feel any more confident or at ease. Sent ours in on 2/12/2015.... really getting antsy here...

hw588---$62-$13,052-175-SSR-Feb-175/'14 already banked, 175/'15 seller to assist in banking, 175/'16, -sent 2/12

A little nervous now seeing all these posts. :( Really hoping this passes. Our first try at a Resale. Will be on pins & needles till we hear. Updated with total price.
PASSED today 3/13!!!!!!!!:jumping1:party:

Attachments

• mickey[1].gif
    mickey[1].gif
    216 bytes · Views: 0
Really getting frustrated.... Still no word and broker really isn't helping the cause making me feel better.... I ask questions and all I get back in response is the same "We'll let you know when we hear anything".... That doesn't help me feel any more confident or at ease. Sent ours in on 2/12/2015.... really getting antsy here...

I'm still waiting as well. No word from my agent either.

We had a hiccup when this was first submitted, turns out the 2014 points were actually 68 2013 and 24 2014. Why you would use 2014 points before using 2013 points I don't know.

They prob borrowed points and then had a vacation change/fall through-once the points are borrowed they can't be put back but current use year points can be banked to offset the "lost" borrowed points (ie you book a 2 bedroom for 300 points and only had 200 points so you borrow 100 points then your needs change and you cancel and rebook a 1 bedroom for 200 points-you can't return the points you borrowed but you can rebook using 100 current use year points and 100 borrowed points then bank your other 100 current use year points into the following use year)

Last edited:
I have always wondered how many contracts Disney is sitting on wait to be waived or claimed. Must be a bunch.

Recently passed on two VGC. Let the good times roll...

pirate33---$119-$20,549-160-VGC-Dec-0/'13, 160/'14, 160/'15, 160/'16-sent 1/15, passed 2/11
pirate33---$124-$26,630-200-VGC-Dec-93/'13, 200/'14, 200/'15, 200/'16-sent 2/4, passed 3/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter