• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rip Ride Rockit compared to Velocicoaster and Hulk?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, I LOVE Velocicoaster but it is pretty much the max of my thrill tolerance. Hulk is ok, but a little too shaky for me- gives me a migraine. I can do all of the Disney coasters without an issue.
How does RRR compare to Velocicoaster and Hulk? Not sure if we should try it or skip it….
Thanks!!

Of the 325 roller coasters that I’ve ridden, Rip Ride Rockit is near the top of my most painful rides and is one of the only roller coasters that I’ve suggested people skip instead of trying for themselves. If Hulk is too shaky for you then RRR probably will be, too.

FTR, I LOVE Velocicoaster too. Simply outstanding, IMO.

RRR is shakier but not as intense as the other two. And not as enjoyable of a ride as the others, although it is still fun. It "feels" slowest and has no actual inversions, and the block brake style interrupts the action. Velocicoaster is far-and-away more thrilling.

Hulk is arguably the "most intense" roller coaster in Orlando, being the only one that consistently blew my mask up/off during Covid. That includes the SeaWorld coasters. Though Velocicoaster wasn't open at that time, so I don't know if it also is a mask-remover.

RRR is meh. If you don't like Hulk, I don't think you'll like RRR. I think Velocicoaster is more "thrilling" than the other two- but it's so, so much smoother.

Though rumor has it that RRR may be going away in 2025, so get your ride in now!

This may sound silly, but I like RRR for the little pauses here and there. I also prefer the slow ascend over being "shot out" like in Hulk and Velocicoaster.

Thanks everyone! I think perhaps RRR is not for me, even though this may be my last chance to ride it (if the rumors are true). VC is amaaaaaazing to me and so smooth it’s crazy. Space mountain I love for the nostalgia and is still one of my faves but swear sometimes it feels I need a chiropractor after lol! So that tells me I think I’ll leave RRR alone.

Went on Rockit the last two times at Universal, and both my wife and I may never ride it again. It's the most head-jarring coaster we have ever been on and almost ended our day the last time we rode it. Try it once if you want, maybe at the end of a day.

I think if Hulk and Space are your limits on shakiness, then I would avoid RRR. I love coasters, but as I age I appreciate more and more smooth coasters that don’t scramble my brains and need Advil to sooth the resultant headache. Omg RRR is the worst brain vibrating coaster I have ever been on. It’s literally the only one in my life I’ve gotten off of and declared a One and Done.

Went on Rockit the last two times at Universal, and both my wife and I may never ride it again. It's the most head-jarring coaster we have ever been on and almost ended our day the last time we rode it. Try it once if you want, maybe at the end of a day.
I think it sounds like a pass for me 😂
Thanks for sharing!!

I watched a really interesting video the other day about the issues surrounding Rip Ride Rockit. The partial conclusion is that the jerkiness is actually caused by major problems in the structural design of the coaster itself. My favorite part is that the panel where you pick the song is actually a Windows phone installed into the seat.

Here's a link if you're interested! 100% agree with the other posters. I haven't ridden it in years due to it giving me a major headache for the rest of the day.

Thanks for sharing!!
Welcome! We like the hulk even though it can jar a bit and absolutely love the velocicoaster! Though the last time we rode it we got the back row and I left my hands up the whole time, which put a crazy amount of pressure on my thighs and I thought I was going to have some major bruising lol. Will hold on from now on 🤣

I've got cervical, thoracic and lumbar herniated disks and never had any issues with RRR. Only coaster in Orlando that gives me any pain is Manta in SW on the inside loop after launch.
Kumba in BG is probably 40 yrs old and can hurt my ears occasionally.

I only rode RRR once because it shook my head so bad I cried. The hard plastic seat doesn’t help as your head just keeps getting knocked back into it over and over.

Mummy no problem as long as I remember to brace for the sudden stops, except for the idiots who keep elbowing me in the head. Not sure how that keeps happening to me. People keep your arms to yourself!

Hagrids I ride on the bike with no problems, but the side car shakes me a little.

Hulk I can do once in front, but twice would cause a migraine.

VC I didn’t care for. There were parts that were painful to me, but I can’t remember now of it was the shaking or g-forces that caused the pain or both. I know we were in the back, so maybe that was the issue? I hear people say it’s smooth, but it was too rough for me.

Fine on everything at BG except the wooden coaster, and Manta I can do over and over at SW. The other one that’s green, can’t remember the name, I remember it hurt, and I was like not doing that again.

Thanks for sharing!!

I would pass if I were you.

I don`t ride it at all now, despite enjoying it for a long time since it first opened and we always asked for the front row as it was smoother. But last few years.....nope. It is rougher no matter where you sit and not worth it especially with the head banging.....yep, not for me anymore. Hulk can be rough but it`s not as bad as how RRR is now.

I`m glad they are getting rid of it next year.

Welcome! We like the hulk even though it can jar a bit and absolutely love the velocicoaster! Though the last time we rode it we got the back row and I left my hands up the whole time, which put a crazy amount of pressure on my thighs and I thought I was going to have some major bruising lol. Will hold on from now on 🤣

The back row is our favourite on Velcocicoaster!!!!

All that airtime is simply amazing, although you did better than me as I did have to grip on at times, I wasn`t quite brave enough to let go the whole time lol......

i love Velocicoaster. Have done my share of Hulk rides when we went with the kids, but I skip it now, I don't like the over the shoulder restraints as my head tends to hit it. I do usually ride RRR at least once per trip. Definitely a lot of G force on some parts. Didn't know they were getting ride of it, will have to ride a few times this fall.I don't have issues with head banging on it.

If you do choose to ride RRR, the strategy for head placement is to keep your head forward off the headrest. This is the opposite of many other rides such as Rock n Roller at DHS.

That said, I agree with most of the other people here. I have rode it a few times and will not ride again. The restraint that comes across your body is extremely uncomfortable.

If you do choose to ride RRR, the strategy for head placement is to keep your head forward off the headrest. This is the opposite of many other rides such as Rock n Roller at DHS.

That said, I agree with most of the other people here. I have rode it a few times and will not ride again. The restraint that comes across your body is extremely uncomfortable.
Thanks!! I think I will pass after reading all of this but appreciate the advice just in case!

It is a great ride. Not the best coaster but a lot of fun. Did it 2 weeks ago and was upset that they cut the songs down. But ABBA was a great fit for it. It is rough but not more than Hulk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter