Resort Bus Accessibility Lane Question

The only issue here - if the line is long & will take a while, I will have to wait at the side of the line. It is not possible for me to navigate twists & turns in a crowded line.

I assume it is ok for a family member to get on line for me?

Waiting for 3 more buses is not the problem. Physical issues are what stops me.

Thanks for your opinions!

The queues at MK for the bus are quite large and wide - at least the new bus stop queues. not sure about the older ones that are closer to the park. If there is a crowd (like at closing) there will, or should, be more CMs there to help you out. Just find one and ask what you should do :)

The only issue here - if the line is long & will take a while, I will have to wait at the side of the line. It is not possible for me to navigate twists & turns in a crowded line.

I assume it is ok for a family member to get on line for me?

Waiting for 3 more buses is not the problem. Physical issues are what stops me.

Thanks for your opinions!
I reposting this as I think it hell you to have fun and don't worry to much.
Most of the time at the bus stops at the theme parks you will find drivers waiting to pick up their bus at each bus stop. You can always ask them and they will be more then happy to help you and show you where to go. As another poster has said is true it is Disney so don't worry have fun. You can even ask the driver that drops you off about reboarding and they also be more then happy to answer any question you may have.

have a great trip and have fun on he most magical and best form of transportation at Disney world the magic Disney buses.:):)

I don't have trouble driving the ECV. I can navigate very well - I play a horn & do parades on an ECV! It is my personal ECV.

I NEED A DAS for the bus line - but they don't have that. Twisting, turning lines with everyone twice my height will force me to seizure. That is what I need help with - not the driving!

Thanks for any advice. The only thing I can think of is to rudely cut in over at the ECV line & have my family wait in the regular line. Real help would be appreciated. I have not been faced with the MK lines yet.

I don't have trouble driving the ECV. I can navigate very well - I play a horn & do parades on an ECV! It is my personal ECV.

I NEED A DAS for the bus line - but they don't have that. Twisting, turning lines with everyone twice my height will force me to seizure. That is what I need help with - not the driving!

Thanks for any advice. The only thing I can think of is to rudely cut in over at the ECV line & have my family wait in the regular line. Real help would be appreciated. I have not been faced with the MK lines yet.

You wouldn't be going fast in the queues, a lot slower than in a parade or any crowded area of WDW. The queues at the new bus stops are long and wide. Maybe 3-4 turns if full. A lot bigger and friendlier than the FP+ queues in the park, IMO.

I have problems in the bus line and I do use a DAS in the park. but most of the lines you can not get into with out getting in the line it is just how it is set up there are a few things you can do if the line is long talk to the CM handling the line a few resorts will have busses coming back to back so as one bus leaves another will come ( AKA the buses with the lowest lines) if you feel you can not do it then I would just wait at the MK you can watch the water parade ( it happens a few times a night not sure what time) also I would not leave right after something like the parade fire works. I would 1 watch the vier works from out side the park or 2 stay as lat as you can

another thing is ask the buss driver how bad the line is I have seen some lines with only one bus full but they wait a long time for that one bus ( you could tell us what hotel you are staying at and that might salve all your problems as some have no real lines

You wouldn't be going fast in the queues, a lot slower than in a parade or any crowded area of WDW. The queues at the new bus stops are long and wide. Maybe 3-4 turns if full. A lot bigger and friendlier than the FP+ queues in the park, IMO.
i agree that the bus lines at WDW are more 'friendly' than many of the attraction queues. Plus, once you get into the line, you will not be moving until the bus comes since the people ahead of you in line have no place to go.
Not all of the bus queues are exactly the same in terms of whether you can get to the accessible loading spot. In a few, it is possible to go directly there without going into the line. In others it's not, and if you try yo have your family wait in the line while you wait outside, it's possible you may not be able to get into the accessible area when your family gets to the front.
Also, because the 'mobility device pull off' point is at or near the last turn, someone who got into the line with a mobility device after you might get loaded before you because they got to that area before your family members get to the front yo tell the driver you want to load.

The best way to avoid crowded bus stops is to avoid the busiest times. Most people try to get out quickly when the park closes, but by taking your time and staying in the park a little after closing, you will greatly reduce the number of people. By the time you get to the bus stop, the first 1-2 buses will have left and the line may be short enough that you get into line and get pretty much directly to the pull off point.

Our youngest son has disability-related needs that make crowded bus transportation difficult for him. So this is different from OP's concern, but I've appreciated all the various suggestions on this thread, and thought I'd throw in a few of our transportation strategies. Pre-boarding on southwest helps with the flight, DAS and resort breaks help in the parks and noting a request for a booth on ADRs helps with dining. But Disney disability services has always told us there is no specific system in place to address his needs regarding transportation, so we've come up with a few things we can do on our own to accommodate. (I love the idea of a DAS for transportation - a separate waiting area would be great.)

First, as others have mentioned, we try our best to travel during times that will be less crowded/busy - both in terms of time of year and time of day. For the boats, we hang back on the dock if at all possible so that he's not in the middle of the line. At WL, YC, BWI and CR, that's further back on the dock. At MK, that's near the few benches that are out on the dock. We'll never be first on a boat, and sometimes I'm concerned about missing a boat/not fitting in the next boat, but it gives him needed personal space. The monorail is OK, but we always try to find the least crowded queue area to wait and hang back a bit there, too. The bus lines are tough. I agree it's more space than a traditional line, but for our little one, it's still a confinement issue. So we try to create some space for him by standing back a little around him to create a circle of air/space. And we let him sit on the ground with that space around him, if he needs to sit. Yeah, I know it's really yucky, both because I know that and because another guest decided to tell me that once. But we wash his hands immediately afterwards and clothes go into the laundry, and it's better than his disability-related response to feeling "trapped," which isn't good for him or for anyone else. (That's how our oldest son responded to the commenter while I was too stressed to respond.) On a crowded bus, we try to create the same circle of space/air around him if possible. And if it's not, then we all use our best distraction/comfort techniques for the ride. And he keeps a small, light blanket in his backpack so that he can put it over his head and block out surroundings when necessary. Now that I look at this, it seems like a lot of hoopla, but it's just habit now - things we do while waiting and chatting about the day, etc.

So again, I wish I had suggestions for OP's specific concerns, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case it's helpful to others. And I'd welcome additional suggestions!!!

Avoiding the busiest times is probably the best advice. Thanks for your answers. It helps to see how you see it - it gives a preview of the crowd's thoughts.

I certainly don't want to create any problems. I'm glad I saw this post because I did not realize the MK bus lines were set up differently.

Thanks again for all of your suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter