Rented Out My Points in 2023 Tax Question

Olaf

DIS Cast Member
I rented out my points in 2023 for the first time in over twenty years of ownership. A 1099-Misc was generated. I do my own taxes and normally take the standard deduction. There has to be a way for me to deduct my operating expenses against the money I collected for the rental. Right? Please tell me which Schedule to use/line to put it on. I've been trying to the find the answer via Google and I'm ready to pull my hair out. It shouldn't be this hard. :headache: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My accountant has been putting it on schedule E. Total rent received on line 3, taxes paid on line 16, operating expenses line 19.

I rented out my points in 2023 for the first time in over twenty years of ownership. A 1099-Misc was generated. I do my own taxes and normally take the standard deduction. There has to be a way for me to deduct my operating expenses against the money I collected for the rental. Right? Please tell me which Schedule to use/line to put it on. I've been trying to the find the answer via Google and I'm ready to pull my hair out. It shouldn't be this hard. :headache: Any help would be greatly appreciated.
No idea if this is the correct way to do it, but this has some detailed instructions (and if you search that site for DVC, you might find a few other questions around rentals):

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/i...-days-but-recieved-a-1099misc/01/166159#M6379

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter