RCCL for norway

nycdisneygal

I went ahead and signed up for another kid!
Really want to do the fjords cruise. Now RCLL for next summer is a FRACTION of the price of DCL (I can book a suite for MUCH MUCH less than DCL veranda). Has anyone done this one? Its on the Independence of the seas... Will I be getting as great an experience when paying so much less?

Really want to do the fjords cruise. Now RCLL for next summer is a FRACTION of the price of DCL (I can book a suite for MUCH MUCH less than DCL veranda). Has anyone done this one? Its on the Independence of the seas... Will I be getting as great an experience when paying so much less?
There is a group of DIS friends I've traveled with over the years sailing on that cruise in just a few days. Hopefully there will be good experiences to report.

As far as your observation about the pricing difference goes you are absolutely correct that you can get a suite on RCL for much less that a regular room would be on DCL. However, don't settle for a "Junior Suite" on RCL as they don't get the same amenities as the rest of the suite offerings. The pricing is the main reason we sail RCL more frequently than DCL these days.

There is a group of DIS friends I've traveled with over the years sailing on that cruise in just a few days. Hopefully there will be good experiences to report.

As far as your observation about the pricing difference goes you are absolutely correct that you can get a suite on RCL for much less that a regular room would be on DCL. However, don't settle for a "Junior Suite" on RCL as they don't get the same amenities as the rest of the suite offerings. The pricing is the main reason we sail RCL more frequently than DCL these days.
OOh hope to hear how it was!
was looking at owner's and grand suites. It would be about half prices as DCL regular veranda. Maybe less than half.

We've done the fjords cruise in the past and had a great time. Some of the ports look right out of a movie. We've only sailed RCL as every time we've compared pricing for DCL it never made sense for us and we are huge Disney people. RCL is a great product and you'll enjoy your time onboard especially if you get a suite.

I did a Norway Fjord cruise last summer. Loved it!

My suggestion is look at the ports. I don't know where DCL vs RCCL is stopping. Do research on what stops are the best for you and your family. FWIW, we found Geiranger Fjord simply magical!

Also, if you are going for a suite I would suggest looking into Celebrity. As PP stated, suites are in tiers on RCCL. Sea is the lowest and the perks are minimal. Sky offers a lot more but not as much as Star benefits.

With Celebrity the perks for Sky Suite (their lowest on the scale, i.e., Junior Suite) are very comparable to higher suite categories. Of course you don't get as much, but you have a lot more perks than Sea or Sky on RCCL.

I did a Norway Fjord cruise last summer. Loved it!

My suggestion is look at the ports. I don't know where DCL vs RCCL is stopping. Do research on what stops are the best for you and your family. FWIW, we found Geiranger Fjord simply magical!

Also, if you are going for a suite I would suggest looking into Celebrity. As PP stated, suites are in tiers on RCCL. Sea is the lowest and the perks are minimal. Sky offers a lot more but not as much as Star benefits.

With Celebrity the perks for Sky Suite (their lowest on the scale, i.e., Junior Suite) are very comparable to higher suite categories. Of course you don't get as much, but you have a lot more perks than Sea or Sky on RCCL.
how is celebrity for kids? My youngest will be 9

how is celebrity for kids? My youngest will be 9
My daughter who has been cruising since 3 years old, and is now 16, loves Celebrity. She actually prefers them over RCCL. And particularly at the age of your youngest because there weren’t so many kids that the activities were watered down to just sports (dodgeball especially.)

They have a good kids club. Granted, you won’t have an oodles of kids like RCCL and DCL, but they’re definitely there during summer and spring break.

We have always been impressed with staff in the kids club on X. She has never left a ship disappointed. (She did on RCCL once.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter