Question for those who rent points out

Hoppy-tn

Mouseketeer
Wife and I have owned points for a little over 2 years and want more for when we retire but can’t use them now. We have been putting it off but I figure we need to go ahead and bit the bullet before resale prices start going back up. We will be buying between 200-300 points probably over a couple contracts and renting the points out for the next 12-16 years.
My questions are is there certain resorts that rent out easily? Are there certain resorts you would not recommend buying knowing you are renting them out? Are you ever left holding points you couldn’t rent? We would be putting them up for rent as soon as they hit the account every year .
Just watching resale prices over the last year animal kingdom seems to be a great value but not sure how popular it is for renting points for.
Incase it would matter we own at Riviera(direct), animal kingdom,boardwalk, and Polynesian. We always stay at boardwalk and poly and use our riviera and animal kingdom points as sleep around points so had thought about adding onto our boardwalk or poly points but hate to buy more 2042 points knowing they are gone shortly after we retire.( we are 51)
Thanks for any input, advice, or suggestions.

I would not buy contracts for the sole purpose of renting them.

While we have the right to rent reservations using our poibts. at any time DVC can decide to tighten rules and you may have an issue with memberships or contracts that are used solely for renting.

I’ve rented a few times in the last few years. We own at SSR and my points have always rented quickly. You may end up with a few straggler points depending on the reservations people ask you to make. I’ve had to make 2 or 3 separate reservations to use all the points. I use David’s and it’s been easy. No problems at all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter