PTR: A Spring Fling on the Dark Side ...2 Muggles Celebrate in Diagon Alley!

one more sleep and Gina will be on her way.

(no one sleeps the night before a big trip)

Hope you have a great trip. Glad you are feeling a lot better. Have fun!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

one more sleep and Gina will be on her way.

(no one sleeps the night before a big trip)

:jumping1:

Today, I'm really starting to feel the excitement :teeth: .

Wahooooo! And they're off tomorrow! Safe travels and enjoy the sunny weather!

Thank you, Lynne! :sunny:

Busy, busy day at the office today. 4 o'clock should come nice and quickly.

Pretty much everything is done but last minute laundry and cleaning (both will be done tomorrow before we depart). I can hardly believe its almost time to leave!

It's been a long wait to get here Gina. I hope you and Steve really enjoy your time together, and have a wonderful trip!

I just looked at my calendar and had to run in here to say Have a WONDERFUL trip and safe travels to you and Steve!!! I can't wait to hear about your adventures.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Just listening to last Friday's DIS Universal show -- are you the Gina with the Photoconnect question?! So cool, you are a celebrity!

Maria :upsidedow

Hope your day goes real fast Gina........one more sleep.........:D

is it OFFICIAL VACATION TIME yet??
Safe travels and have a ton of fun so we can all live vicariously :) through the trip report

I hope you and your husband have a great trip! I can't wait to hear about it when you get back :)

Thank you! :goodvibes

It's been a long wait to get here Gina. I hope you and Steve really enjoy your time together, and have a wonderful trip!

Thanks, Munro :) . We can't wait to get "home" to the Vistana!!

I just looked at my calendar and had to run in here to say Have a WONDERFUL trip and safe travels to you and Steve!!! I can't wait to hear about your adventures.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks, my friend! I hope you'll come back and join in on my official post-trip report later this month :thumbsup2 .

Just listening to last Friday's DIS Universal show -- are you the Gina with the Photoconnect question?! So cool, you are a celebrity!

Maria :upsidedow

lol, yup...that was my question :blush: . Kind of surprised that the podcast team knew so little about that particular product! They mentioned they will be in the parks this weekend as part of their land and sea vacation......how cool would that be to run into Craig or Ryno?

Hope your day goes real fast Gina........one more sleep.........:D

Ugh, the afternoon felt ridiculously long, but I made it through! We enjoyed a lovely walk along the Bayshore trail here this evening, and it the weather was picture-perfect. It was nice to get some fresh air and work off some of our excitement. I should sleep like a kitten tonight :cat: (good thing too, 'cause I never sleep well the night before we fly out).

is it OFFICIAL VACATION TIME yet??
Safe travels and have a ton of fun so we can all live vicariously :) through the trip report

IT IS!

I will try to drop in with some small updates along the way. A huge thanks to all of you for the wonderful company over the last 100 days. You made my countdown a ton of fun :grouphug: .

It's finally here Gina..........

Have a wonderful trip and I am looking forward to hearing about it all.........:flower:

Didn't make it here in time to wish you safe travels, and a ton of fun! Its been an honour watching you deal with the ups and downs of getting ready for this trip. You laid it right on the line, and showed me that everything I feel for our trips is "normal" - the good and the bad - so thanks for that.

You've done everything you can, so now its time to relax and enjoy your vacation. Look forward to hearing all about it!

I have been extremely busy lately and have not had a chance to get on here. But, I knew it was time for you to go and wanted to wish you and Steve a wonderful and safe trip. Let the shenanigans begin!!

Safe travels today, my friend! Have one awesome time with Steve. You guys definitely needed a vacation. :sunny:

It's finally here Gina..........

Have a wonderful trip and I am looking forward to hearing about it all.........:flower:

Thanks schumi! :thumbsup2

Didn't make it here in time to wish you safe travels, and a ton of fun! Its been an honour watching you deal with the ups and downs of getting ready for this trip. You laid it right on the line, and showed me that everything I feel for our trips is "normal" - the good and the bad - so thanks for that.

You've done everything you can, so now its time to relax and enjoy your vacation. Look forward to hearing all about it!

Thanks, livingthedream :goodvibes .

I have been extremely busy lately and have not had a chance to get on here. But, I knew it was time for you to go and wanted to wish you and Steve a wonderful and safe trip. Let the shenanigans begin!!

:teeth: Shenanigans....I like that idea! ::yes::

Safe travels today, my friend! Have one awesome time with Steve. You guys definitely needed a vacation. :sunny:

Thanks, Lynne! :) I am feeling very blessed tonight. Life is good.

Safe travels, Gina...the weather is supposed to be splendid this weekend, just for you. :)

The weather looks incredible. I am seriously so pumped for sunshine and warmth!! Fingers crossed that the weatherman doesn't change his mind and switch to all rain for a week :scared: . Right now, the upcoming 7 days look almost too good to be true!!

So......we made it to Syracuse, safe and sound. Checked into the hotel around three this afternoon, smooth sailing all the way and virtually no wait at the border. It was a spectacular day for a road trip: sunshine, warm, and beautiful light breeze to top it off. We enjoyed a quiet dinner at Cracker Barrel (I am sooooooo full....my god, the portions there are so big) and a swim in the pool once we got back to the hotel. I have called my Mom and had a good chat (she is relieved the first part of our journey is over, she is always fretful about our travel) and we've talked to Jake both by text and phone as well (he's at Sweetie's house for dinner tonight). Its early to bed for both of us this evening: we've got a 4:30 am wake-up call, a 5:45 am shuttle, and a 7:50 am flight. Hopefully we can catch at least a few zzzz's before another busy travel day.

There's always a certain amount of "reflection" that inevitably occurs as we make the long journey down the highway, and nights like these, I just feel so fortunate to be in a position to enjoy these experiences. To be healthy enough to travel, to be employed in jobs we enjoy (most days :rolleyes:) that provide the financial basis for our adventures, and to have each other with whom to share it all. We really are incredibly fortunate.

There's always a certain amount of "reflection" that inevitably occurs as we make the long journey down the highway, and nights like these, I just feel so fortunate to be in a position to enjoy these experiences. To be healthy enough to travel, to be employed in jobs we enjoy (most days :rolleyes:) that provide the financial basis for our adventures, and to have each other with whom to share it all. We really are incredibly fortunate.

Awesome!

Well, we were "Sleepless in Syracuse" ... just as macraven predicted, we were too excited about the trip to get a decent rest last night :hyper: . I am sensing a designated naptime being scheduled in for at least an hour or two this afternoon!!!

We are at the airport.....we checked our bags, went through security, and were at our gate in under 30 minutes. Flying from a small airport is so nice sometimes. We are currently sitting next to a group of high school seniors or college kids who are on their way to Disney for the first time......good heavens, are they excited and fidgity for this ungodly hour of the morning! :scared: And they are actually using the word "hashtag" in their normal conversations. At 41, I think I'll be considered an old lady on this plane!

Lord almighty....one of them just returned from one of the food kiosks with a bag of muffins, and loudly announced "does anyone want a muffin?". To which the crowd of millennials cheered "MUFFINS!!!!" complete with hands in the air and a follow up "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!". I feel like I'm at a football game. Heaven help us :rolleyes2 .

Speaking of planes, ours is ready and sitting on the tarmac. Its name is "Blue's on First". There seems to be a lot of people here at the gate already, so it would be mighty nice if we could get this show on the road (or shall I say, in the air) a little on the early side. If I get to bored waiting to board, I may have to start photo bombing some of these young people's selfies just to keep myself entertained ;) .

Today is Steve and I's 22nd anniversary....here's a flashback from our wedding day, for anyone who wants a laugh. We were soooo young!

Signing off for now, soon time for Gravol. Nothing kills the romance of an anniversary morning more than being bent over a barf bag for 2.5 hours :rotfl:.

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary!!!!:cake::rose::woohoo:

Gotta love the enthusiasm of teenagers...bet they aren't this cheerful at an early hour at home....

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Keeping in the spirit of the young here's a few cheers to set you off!! It's actually here and you are both on your way.

The photo is great "Happy Anniversary" - to think we all looked so young (not that we aren't now of course, just slightly matured ;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter