Premium Surf internet onboard for gaming?

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if the top tier Premium Surf internet would be good enough for our son to play Roblox on his IPad? He is autistic and likes to just get away from everyone and enjoy some alone gaming time to help rest and decompress himself sometimes.

Wanted to add that he plays just fine in the car linking with our phone’s internet if that is comparable.

Last edited:
The download speed is good, but I haven't seen anyone test the ping for gaming. I think it would be fine for Roblox.

Good to read.
Our experience happened two cruises on the Wonder. The latest last summer.

It most definitely needed improvement especially with the price.

Internet/wifi has been an expensive DCL disappointment in the past.

Glad to read it may be fixed.

Good to read.
Our experience happened two cruises on the Wonder. The latest last summer.

It most definitely needed improvement especially with the price.

Internet/wifi has been an expensive DCL disappointment in the past.

Glad to read it may be fixed.
Gotcha - yeah I can’t speak from experience because we generally don’t purchase the internet on board (we want to be disconnected!), but I think they upgraded it this last fall. I know I’d heard it was awful before.

Gotcha - yeah I can’t speak from experience because we generally don’t purchase the internet on board (we want to be disconnected!), but I think they upgraded it this last fall. I know I’d heard it was awful before.
* I forgot to mention guest services told us Apple products don't jive well either. Wife's Galaxy worked, but our iPad and MacBook grudgingly worked and only if it felt like it. My iPhone was a roll of the dice if it would connect.

The Verizon cruise service was a complete bust, never worked on any cruise. $80.

BTW and a little off subject but mention in passing: Most towns in Alaska had awful Verizon but good WIFI in the longer established restaurants.
This could all change for the better any day.
With streaming and competition the services are upping their game.
Money talks.

It's getting to the point, or it's now at the point a smart phone is essential to get around and admission and reservations. We hard print everything on paper and carry it along in case no wifi or the phone refuses to load the info.
Also screen shots of tickets and reservations because if the wifi in a location fails, one can bring up the pic.

A must at the Cathay Circle Restaurant and surrounding areas in Disneyland. Bust out the phone to show your AP for the 20% discount and,,, AHHHH! the ticket won't load. So scroll to pic and bring up the phone screen shot of your pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter