• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pound Panic

Just wondering if our Brexit and Americans trump will even out the playing field for us?? X

Hey folks, just a reminder that we do not allow political discussion on the forums. I have had to remove a number of threads, where the discussion was pushing the boundaries a bit. I would hate to have to shut it down so can we keep the discussion on track. Thanks :)

Hey folks, just a reminder that we do not allow political discussion on the forums. I have had to remove a number of threads, where the discussion was pushing the boundaries a bit. I would hate to have to shut it down so can we keep the discussion on track. Thanks :)
Interesting that the forum has to live within the Disney Bubble, I assume theres been problems before? Plenty of other Theme Park forums have encouraged debate and conversation, which most have been able to be adult about. :)

Interesting that the forum has to live within the Disney Bubble, I assume theres been problems before? Plenty of other Theme Park forums have encouraged debate and conversation, which most have been able to be adult about. :)

It is less to do with being "within the Disney Bubble" and more to do with recognising that there are certain subjects which invariably lead to disagreements and go downhill fast. Rather than risking that, the forum owners have chosen not to permit those topics to be discussed. There is a link to the actual wording of the rule on this link

Here on the UK boards, our posters are generally pretty well behaved so we tend to be a bit more lenient with the rules, however if a conversation looks like it might take a turn for the worse, sometimes the moderators will step in and try to get the thread back on track.

Thank you for your understanding.

It is less to do with being "within the Disney Bubble" and more to do with recognising that there are certain subjects which invariably lead to disagreements and go downhill fast. Rather than risking that, the forum owners have chosen not to permit those topics to be discussed. There is a link to the actual wording of the rule on this link

Here on the UK boards, our posters are generally pretty well behaved so we tend to be a bit more lenient with the rules, however if a conversation looks like it might take a turn for the worse, sometimes the moderators will step in and try to get the thread back on track.

Ah right I see.

Thanks for the response, and all your hard work on the boards :)

Hi as someone who has been on here for quite a while, I fully understand why you would not want a discussion to go down hill and become abusive and I appreciate the work that you the mods put in to prevent that happening. However, surely we are allowed to state that due to events political or otherwise we have reservations about future visits. I especially would not want to go if there if unrest in the pipeline or there are increased security threats and I feel we should be allowed to discuss that here. I accept that perhaps implying the blame on one candidate or party is wrong on here and apologies for implying so in my posts. But I do think that we should be able to discuss the potential changing atmosphere of the area we plan to visit as that can have a direct affect on our enjoyment.

Anywhos back to the subject - the dollar seems to have increased slightly again this weekend, the post office being one of the best if anyone is looking at getting some soon :cool1:

Anywhos back to the subject - the dollar seems to have increased slightly again this weekend, the post office being one of the best if anyone is looking at getting some soon :cool1:
I need to get some but it's still only once cent up from what I could get pre election lol

I need some too and all of our Christmas trip needs to be paid in dollars so any increase will be of benefit. I also need to buy our Universal APs so am holding on as long as possible - every little helps.

We found the best rate is John Lewis and the rate they quote on their website is also the rate you get in store. $1.23 to the pound ATM

We found the best rate is John Lewis and the rate they quote on their website is also the rate you get in store. $1.23 to the pound ATM
I think I'm gonna limit the amount of cash and put most of it on my Revolut as that's got a better rate than cash

Luckily working in the City I have access to the independent places that offer the best rates

I need some too and all of our Christmas trip needs to be paid in dollars so any increase will be of benefit. I also need to buy our Universal APs so am holding on as long as possible - every little helps.
Maybe worth getting a Supercard from Travelex, then you can buy at the gate. Worked much better for us in May for our APs

Maybe worth getting a Supercard from Travelex, then you can buy at the gate. Worked much better for us in May for our APs

That would be a good idea but I need the APs in hand for check in as we have a great AP deal at Royal Pacific. The room is virtually half price!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter