Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I need some advise, I was looking at dates similar to mine for a few weeks around $130. The morning November dates were released my flights were at $115. I greedily decided to hold out now at $160, would you grab them now or hold off?

I need some advise, I was looking at dates similar to mine for a few weeks around $130. The morning November dates were released my flights were at $115. I greedily decided to hold out now at $160, would you grab them now or hold off?

We are in the same situation Our travel agent says its always a gamble...tips on internet say wait to book two months prior...I did a s.w. searcb today ( leaving two months from today..same days of week)....99 $ each way ..check it out

Today, departing home flight is $17 bucks cheaper, we have four passengers. If I rebook to get points, they will expire in one year from original booking. If I do not rebook, each passenger gets more points for the higher cost flight that will last two years from flight day. I'm thinking, why rebook? Tell me what I'm missing.
You're not. The credit only works if you're going to be able to use it before it expires. If not, then I'd take the extra points.

We are in the same situation Our travel agent says its always a gamble...tips on internet say wait to book two months prior...I did a s.w. searcb today ( leaving two months from today..same days of week)....99 $ each way ..check it out

Thanks for the advice about booking two months prior. I have always seen that advise on Internet searches but so many people here on the dis swear to get southwest ASAP. I will go check what our airports prices look like 2 mos from now. We are also flying out the day before veterans day (bad choice by me) so I feel it will always be a bit higher.

Thanks for the advice about booking two months prior. I have always seen that advise on Internet searches but so many people here on the dis swear to get southwest ASAP. I will go check what our airports prices look like 2 mos from now. We are also flying out the day before veterans day (bad choice by me) so I feel it will always be a bit higher.
I did not know about the buy. Asap. Thing.

I've been looking at SW flights from Chicago and the rates are about the same now through my travel dates in December. I personally feel better booking them now because of when we're going and I'm afraid they'll go up. nut I've also heard the wait advice as well. I'm always anxious about airfare so even if it goes down a little bit I'm not going to worry. Now a lot lower, that's another story.

I've been looking at SW flights from Chicago and the rates are about the same now through my travel dates in December. I personally feel better booking them now because of when we're going and I'm afraid they'll go up. nut I've also heard the wait advice as well. I'm always anxious about airfare so even if it goes down a little bit I'm not going to worry. Now a lot lower, that's another story.

I went ahead and booked SW flights for our Dec. cruise. Originally I wanted to wait and see for the best price, but there's only two flights scheduled for our travel date. The "wanna get away' fare for the other flight is already sold out so I didn't want to take any chances with our flight.

I booked for our Nov 30-Dec 5 trip on the day they were released--got $330 RT which was higher than I wanted, but within budget. We are going back in April 2016 so I figured if fares dropped, I could use the credit for that trip. I just had a chance to check the current sale, and our flight down is $41 cheaper for each ($215-$174), so we now have that credit. I'll keep checking periodically just in case I can get anything better. The other way is $115--I doubt that will go lower. We're flying from BWI. So just keep checking!

I booked for our Nov 30-Dec 5 trip on the day they were released--got $330 RT which was higher than I wanted, but within budget. We are going back in April 2016 so I figured if fares dropped, I could use the credit for that trip. I just had a chance to check the current sale, and our flight down is $41 cheaper for each ($215-$174), so we now have that credit. I'll keep checking periodically just in case I can get anything better. The other way is $115--I doubt that will go lower. We're flying from BWI. So just keep checking!

What times did you get....then it went down ? We are going in nov too. Waiting to buy

What times did you get....then it went down ? We are going in nov too. Waiting to buy

Nov 30 is 9:25 am-11:50 am. That's the segment that went down. The flight home on Saturday started at $115-I doubt I'll get that any lower.[/QUOTE]

andrea, many people travel often within a year and use those points...do whats best for your travel habits

If you have a SW flight booked, you might check the rates. I was just able to change our flight home in October to a direct flight instead of a layover, which was previously way too expensive, AND got a $24 credit for the 3 of us.

So far, my flights went up then back down to what I paid. The flights I've been watching for this summer to Atlanta went up and haven't gone back down.

How does family boarding work? Is it only for children under the age of 4, along with one adult? We have two children - age 2 and 11 - and my mom will also be traveling with us. I'm debating purchasing early bird in hope to get a A boarding pass. But if not, I was wondering if we would need to take advantage of family boarding, will it only be for our 2 year old and one adult? The remaining two adults and the 11 year old would then have to wait until this boarding zone?

How does family boarding work? Is it only for children under the age of 4, along with one adult? We have two children - age 2 and 11 - and my mom will also be traveling with us. I'm debating purchasing early bird in hope to get a A boarding pass. But if not, I was wondering if we would need to take advantage of family boarding, will it only be for our 2 year old and one adult? The remaining two adults and the 11 year old would then have to wait until this boarding zone?

From Southwest's website: An adult traveling with a child four years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. If the child and the adult are both holding an “A” boarding pass, they should both board with the “A” boarding group.

I would take "An Adult" to mean one. But, I am not positive.

From what I understand, it is officially one adult, but that there is, in practice, usually some flexibility. Many see it as abuse of the policy, however, to expect to get an entire extended family through with just one under-4 child. Most will suggest you spring for the early bird for the entire family if it is crucial to you that everyone has the best chance of sitting together.

Thanks! I definitely don't want to abuse the policy! I think I will purchase the early bird option and hope for the best. This will be our first experience with Southwest and the no assigned seat makes me nervous. From reading on here though, it sounds like we should be okay with finding seats together (or at least close) with the early bird option.

Sorry if this has already been asked.....Anyone know when southwest will do their anniversary sale this year? Hoping for some cheap fares in October and December:yay:

My flight went down this afternoon by $47. I called and got credit but the irony is that I booked another flight today to Atlanta using points for 1 leg and and a gift card for the 2nd. Still had a small balance which would have been covered by the credit but dummy me, didn't check the Orlando flight until after I booked the Atlanta flight. Oh well, I'll use it as my daughter and her family live in Atlanta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter