Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I got on this morning at 6:30 and was able to book for our vacation October 10-17. I'm glad I went ahead and booked because I just checked the price and it has already increased $18 for our flight down from $132-$150. I paid $278/person round trip from Indy to Orlando including earlybird check in. Total was $834 for 3 of us. I thought that was a good price. Only time will tell though.

I got Phl-Mco for $127 each. I waited an hour or so too long and got mco-phl for $150 each. I missed the $127 price because I thought I had time this morning. Bummer!

I found is MUCH cheaper to fly from Baltimore (BWI) to MCO vs from Philly. I don't know what made me even try BWI vs. PHL. Just happened to try it yesterday and today. A lot more choices of flight times also! Our first time flying from BWI. Just booked it. A longer drive to the airport, but doable. Ended up being $718 roundtrip for three of us.

I found is MUCH cheaper to fly from Baltimore (BWI) to MCO vs from Philly. I don't know what made me even try BWI vs. PHL. Just happened to try it yesterday and today. A lot more choices of flight times also! Our first time flying from BWI. Just booked it. A longer drive to the airport, but doable. Ended up being $718 roundtrip for three of us.

BWI is a "hub" for Southwest, so they have tons of flights going in and out of there every day. Therefore, the prices to/from BWI should always be pretty good.

We live in Texas and are "home" to SWA and it is quite expensive to fly from Houston to Orlando. Purchased tickets a month ago for June and it was $460 per ticket with the "Wanna Get Away" fares. We also went for a week in January and tickets weren't a whole lot cheaper. It's a two hour flight - almost ready to drive!

Okay, this is in regards to the SWA anniversary sale. If I were to book one-way now, at a higher price, wait for the sale, get a lower price at the sale, get a credit, and then book the rest of my trip using the credit--do I risk NOT have a flight for my way home?

Right now I'm seeing $179 there, $99 on the way home. So, if I book the $179 portion now--do I risk not being able to book that $99 flight?

book the 99 part now. Up to you on the way done. You could wait or book it now and take the credit if it goes down for a future flight.

With all the changes coming to JetBlue, we are looking at flying SW next April out of PVD. Anyone here remember when they released the fares for late April/early May. I am looking at 4/25 to 5/5, 2016. I looked for a SW extension thread but haven't found one.

With all the changes coming to JetBlue, we are looking at flying SW next April out of PVD. Anyone here remember when they released the fares for late April/early May. I am looking at 4/25 to 5/5, 2016. I looked for a SW extension thread but haven't found one.

They usually release dates about 6 months out. So maybe Nov or Dec?

make sure to keep checking your SWA flights. Mine leaves in 20 days and I check every morning for flight/price changes. This morning I was able to get another 2,280 pp rapid rewards credits. This is my 3rd change on this flight. One for an earlier flight and two were credits! Love SWA

I went ahead and purchased my airline tickets, 160 days before departure - because I could not handle checking the web site constantly to see that there was no change at all in fares. Not up/Not down, every day of the week for a few weeks. Thank goodness too, because the departure flight I wanted is sold out.

I signed up for Southwest's Rapid Rewards prior to our (family of 4) recent trip to WDW. I didn't realize that I only got rewards for my flight, so now I will sign up the rest of my family. First, can minors be signed up? Second, once we are all earning points, how does it benefit me (as the ticket purchaser)? I'm assuming I won't be able to combine points, but will I be able to redeem my son's points on a flight I purchase for him? Thanks!

If you haven't flown yet, you can still sign them up and add their numbers. Yes minors can be signed up. You have to purchase with points in the account of the point holder

I signed up for Southwest's Rapid Rewards prior to our (family of 4) recent trip to WDW. I didn't realize that I only got rewards for my flight, so now I will sign up the rest of my family. First, can minors be signed up? Second, once we are all earning points, how does it benefit me (as the ticket purchaser)? I'm assuming I won't be able to combine points, but will I be able to redeem my son's points on a flight I purchase for him? Thanks!
Yes, minors can be signed up. You will need to enter each person's rapid rewards number when booking and then each person earns for their own ticket. The points you earn on your ticket is your benefit. I believe that you can book flights using your son's points for him.

I didn't realize this either when I first signed up, so I then signed up my husband and daughter. You can ask for points retroactively for a certain timeframe - might be a year - so try to see if you can get the points for their past flight.

We're travelling in November. As of right now, for all of October, it looks like the price is the same no matter which day of the week you fly. I thought I changed our dates to WED-WED last year because it was cheaper than flying on the weekend. Any idea if the way October looks now, it'll be the same for November? If so, I'll change our travel days to SAT or SUN. Thanks!

I didn't realize this either when I first signed up, so I then signed up my husband and daughter. You can ask for points retroactively for a certain timeframe - might be a year - so try to see if you can get the points for their past flight.

Thank you so much! I went on-line and signed up the rest of the family. I requested to be credited for the February flight for each of them and they all got their points!:yay:

I'm a little confused. I signed up for the SW visa with the 50000 bonus points. I'm waiting for those to be credited into my account which should be soon. I can use those points for my family airfare correct? I have a rewards account. Is that different from what you guys are talking about?

Thanks

With SW flight schedules coming out about 6 months ahead of time, do people typically book their rooms before booking their flights? If so, are you able to make adjustments to your room dates if you want to book a flight that doesn't line up with your original room reservation?

I'd feel much more comfortable booking my flight first, but we're planning on going at a busy time (Easter 2016), so I wan't to make sure we get a room at the resort we want (CBR). Thanks!

With SW flight schedules coming out about 6 months ahead of time, do people typically book their rooms before booking their flights? If so, are you able to make adjustments to your room dates if you want to book a flight that doesn't line up with your original room reservation?

I'd feel much more comfortable booking my flight first, but we're planning on going at a busy time (Easter 2016), so I wan't to make sure we get a room at the resort we want (CBR). Thanks!
If we are planning far enough in advance, I book rooms first, then flights. If I'm booking a last minute (couple of months out), I will usually book flights first (after looking at the ressies to see what rooms are available to get an idea), as the cost of the flights vary far more than the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter